Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Synthing Leather...?

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
in Help
The wiki says that it can be synth'd up but there's no proof to back it up on the synthesis page or the fixed recipe list.

b6a8e47ec27331b43d54f9b14603d2d8.png

Is this just some misinformation or is there a recipe that I'm missing out on? D:

Comments

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 1, 2017
    I can confirm you can synth leather straps of all kinds, just toss it in the oven, I think you need like 3 for one leather tho
  • XiokunXiokun
    I can confirm you can synth leather straps of all kinds, just toss it in the oven, I think you need like 3 for one leather tho

@ParadoxLost But don't the gotta be 3 DIFFERENT kind of straps
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Synthing for straps is possible, but it is completely random. There is no actual recipe for them... :x Like most things that have a chance of showing up as a synth product, save those for the fixed synth list, the recipes can be very randomized.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Oh, rip, I was looking at fragmentation, in my defense I posted this at like 3 am LOL
  • XiokunXiokun
    Why does getting leather have to be so darn difficult? There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to just skin some bears! Only getting 6 max or so leather in a 20 minute shadow mission stinks.
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    To get fine leather and straps out of synthing, you're going to need to be putting in valuable items because they're in the highest result bracket (along with things like wooden boards). Synthing three different gems (like the various 5cm ones that come out of squire boxes and events) can get you some but it's all so random that you might as well rank up Ingredient Hunting and just make lots of kills in high-enemy SMs like Sulfur Spider.
  • XiokunXiokun
    RRM wrote: »
    To get fine leather and straps out of synthing, you're going to need to be putting in valuable items because they're in the highest result bracket (along with things like wooden boards). Synthing three different gems (like the various 5cm ones that come out of squire boxes and events) can get you some but it's all so random that you might as well rank up Ingredient Hunting and just make lots of kills in high-enemy SMs like Sulfur Spider.

My ingredient hunting is mastered, I have dolls to pick up leather, and I go in long sms like that often. But it STILL drops so rarely! ;-; Maybe it's bad luck.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Fine leather just has the oddity of being the lowest of drop types of the four leather tiers. Could try running on Advanced instead of Inter and HM for better chance of them dropping. Though, for mine, I usually hunt in Math Dungeon on Tuesdays.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Fine leather is also in greater demand because more of it gets used for skill training. If supply and demand actually worked on mabi, fines would sell for twice the price of finests. Market prices are abirtrary no matter what the baby economists around here like to claim.