Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Well rounded Alchemy patch

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
edited June 17, 2017 in Incomplete Bugs
EMIL312
Alexina

I focus on a single alchemy skill, but let me assure you that the entire creation of alchemy could use some a good patch.
What I'm looking to see happen is to alert these issues and hopefully come to working on a patch to fix even a few of the issues below:

Sand Burst:
The range of sand-burst is not far enough for its purpose. The creation of sand burst was to also combat blinkers(in the air), unfortunately after the last alchemy patch to remove the loads on sand burst, sand burst also had its range reduced. In order to hit a blinker you must stand directly under a blinker manually with mouse or keys (so ctrl-click wont work, you will remain out of rang).
Tower cylinder how ever, can hit blinkers normally from a good distance away.
-Personal experience i love being able to prevent friends from getting hurt and before last alchemist patch i was easily able to do that.

Ice Mines:
The damage is off, as well as the ice effects.
-personal experience i love ice-mines but with the cost of synthing them, the damage and effectiveness isnt worth it.

Summon Golem:
AI position is wonky.
turning on and off the ai may make the golem unable to follow you.
Commanding the golem without being the golem may result in the golem not following directions.
-from personal experience the golem may be more of a reason i get hurt, during shadow missions then just not using it.

Hydra transmutation:
Seen as a usable skill when using tower cylinder, but cannot be used.

Tower Cylinder:
Flame burst may create a glitch in were you cant use any other skill but flame burst unless you ensemble and resemble the tower-cylinder again.
When this happens you'll obtain a idle pose usually used by NPCs who have tower cylinders.
Cant use spirit awakening with tower-cylinder unless its not set up.
Range reforges, or upgrades/ego, have no effect till after the skill is used.
-personal experience i love if the tower cylinder allowed more to do with it, even it was to even allow shock or song once its set up.

Vivice:
Theirs no timely difference in reloading a alchemy skill without without rank 1 vivace,
-with magic casting their is definitely a noticeable difference,But alchemy remains the same, even though they receive the same % of speed with vivace

Barrier spikes, IceMines,Tower Clynder
Most new content will make this un-place-able.
-personal experience, although barrier spikes may seem unneeded, it does make good support for magic, archery, ninja, and alchemy. with recent updates both have been mostly removed from new content.

-all of these issues have been issues since the issues occurred. some being a few years old.-it be nice to send a ticket 1 at a time for each skill respectively involving the issue with alchemy, but i rather request a revaluation and patch.
-If you need screen shot or evidence of any of these Plz let me know- If you believe this should be moved to suggestions. Plz let me know. What i Truly want is hopefully a staff to send a note that alchemy may need a patch/update in general.
I dont know many skill sets having such large issues like alchemy is, as unless its basic water cannon and blameburst, it seems theirs some slight issue with the skill.
-thx you for listening

Comments

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    sorry about my spelling, a lil stress-shy writing this
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 17, 2017
    It would be nice to see some issues about Alchemy get fixed/improved...

And I agree with you especially on the barrier spike and ice mine... it's useless in nearly all new contents because we cannot place those.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    I focus on a single alchemy skill, but let me assure you that the entire creation of alchemy could use some a good patch.
    The Bugs and Glitches section typically prefers a single issue per thread/report just for your future reference. A lot of what you've listed doesn't really sound like a bug or glitch (an update changing how a skill works does not automatically make it a bug). If you think a skill should be changed when it's not a bug/glitch, the Suggestions section is where you should post your ideas.
    Tower Cylinder:
    Flame burst may create a glitch in were you cant use any other skill but flame burst unless you ensemble and resemble the tower-cylinder again.
    When this happens you'll obtain a idle pose usually used by NPCs who have tower cylinders.
    -personal experience i love if the tower cylinder allowed more to do with it, even it was to even allow shock or song once its set up.

Oh all the things listed, I feel this one might be an actual glitch. If at all possible, could you remake a thread in this section
    (Bugs & Glitches) and provide the following:
    Same general description you have there, a more accurate/reliable list of steps needed to recreate the issue, and a video of you experiencing it.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Buffalos wrote: »
    The Bugs and Glitches section typically prefers a single issue per thread/report just for your future reference. A lot of what you've listed doesn't really sound like a bug or glitch (an update changing how a skill works does not automatically make it a bug). If you think a skill should be changed when it's not a bug/glitch, the Suggestions section is where you should post your ideas.
    Tower Cylinder:

Oh all the things listed, I feel this one might be an actual glitch. If at all possible, could you remake a thread in this section
    (Bugs & Glitches) and provide the following:
    Same general description you have there, a more accurate/reliable list of steps needed to recreate the issue, and a video of you experiencing it.

Like i said i feel alchemy needs a revamp, needs to be reveiwed, and patched.- theirs many things that dont work involving alchemy, not just the skills alone.
    i feel all the things i listed are broken. and not debuffed or re-updated. they DO NOT work the way they should

-Sandburst range debuff was not posted as an update during the update listed during the alchemy revamp. and also like i said tower cylinder range was unaffected. meaning that this is probably just a updating issue that wasn't supposed to happen.
    -golem Ai doesnt work or respond to commands when clicked on.-the golem also starts to get less reliable when turning off and on AI mode. this is when you dont turn into the golem. the golem should just use the skills commanded. specially when you turn AI off. but the golem has troubles being commanded at all.-which means its not working.
    -icemines dont work. w/e algorithm being used for icemines, doesn't work
    -vivice has no effect on alchemy even though it says loading speed has been reduced, loading speed with tower or a cylinder doesn't change.

These arent "glitches" their more like "they dont work" they are broken. and if they are broken- then it needs to be fixed.
    Im requesting a patch becuase alchemy is HUGELY impacted. their is just to much that broken, it needs to be reviewed by the nexon team.
    Thats why im requesting a patch.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    i can either Buffalo
    suggest a patch in suggestions or post a more detailed list or individual skill at a time.
    - it depends what you think be more forward as a process.