Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I keep crashing every 5minute saying out of memory

ZybbieZybbie
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support
title ^

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    how much memory does your computer have. if you list as many details about your computer as possible then there is a higher chance someone can give a detailed answer.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited July 2, 2017
    You'll need to provide more information, but as Negumiko says that's where you should start.
    I'll assume you don't know how to check since that would be the first thing to look for when your computer gives you an alert to say you're out of memory.

Right click your task bar at the bottom of the monitor, and open up your Task Manager. If there's a button to say "more details", open that up and take a look at your usage %'s
    I'll post an image of mine as an example.
    zET9W6P.png
    As I've highlighted, keep an eye on that Memory reading, if that's above 90% when you open up Mabinogi you may find that your computer doesn't have enough memory to run everything you have open. Mabinogi is very un-optimized and guzzles a lot of memory that may cause a crash after a few hours if your computer isn't strong enough, but if this is after only 5 minutes, then you may be unable to Run Mabinogi at all, and will have to either upgrade your PC, or close other programs while running Mabinogi. As you can see my Firefox browser is also taking up a lot of memory, closing that would free up more memory for Mabinogi.

I personally have 8GB of RAM (essentially the PC word for "short term memory") and nowadays it's recommended to have 4GB of ram to run Mabinogi smoothly, and 2GB at the barebones minimum if you close all other programs.

The crashing is generally caused by your RAM going over 100%, and your PC then "crashing" the biggest memory drainer to prevent the entire PC itself from crashing.

I hope this can help you find out where the problem lies, but I'm sorry to say this is probably not an issue related to Mabinogi, but your PC itself.