Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Deeeep Dungeon event

XxSWxXXxSWxX
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited July 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
This is an infinite dungeon event idea i've had for a few years, which I nicknamed the Deeeep Dungeon. It is an event where players can enter a dungeon with near infinite floors which increase in difficulty over time.

Inside the dungeon, the difficulty and mob exp would increase every 10 floors. Each floor would have 4 rooms, and every 10th floor has a boss room at the end.

After defeating the boss, the party leader can choose to leave now via the altar or go deeper into the dungeon. If the party leader chooses "Leave now", all players in the party receive an Exit Bonus (which is exp and gold) and will be taken back to the entrance. The Exit Bonus is higher every 10 floors. So, it's sorta like gamble against our own strength whether or not we should keep going deeper.

Inside the dungeon, the only revive options are revive at entrance, and revive at altar.
However, players can only revive at the altar up to 3 times, after which they cannot revive back inside the dungeon.

Other notes:

The boss will have keys to chests afterwards as usual, these chests will contain gold and event items. For instance, RB potions, revive balloons, Upgrade stones, Reforges, etc. There should be better rewards the deeper you go.

The appearance of the dungeon will change every 10 floors. For instance, floors 1~10 = Alby, 11~20 = Ciar, 21~30 = Rabbie, 31~40 = Math, 41~50 = Peaca, and floors 51+ = Rundal. And if possible, floors 101+ will be Peaca Abyss.
The music and enemies for the appropriate dungeon will also be used.

Note that even though the enemies take the appearance of a particular dungeon's enemies, the enemies would be way stronger than their usual variants.

Non-party leader players can leave the dungeon individually if they must, but their reward will be less.

Players must enter with a party, but that party can be one person; so the dungeon could be soloed if you want.

There could be rare "loot floors" which consist of 2 rooms, 1st being an orb room which spawns enemies that drop keys, and the 2nd room being a treasure room with the chests.

Revive balloons may still work in the dungeon without causing the player to loose their 3 altar revivals.

Any methods to warp into the dungeon via friend capsules or other similar methods will not work.
  1. Good idea yes?5 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (5 votes)
    2. No (But why? D:)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Infinite Dungeons wouldn't be a bad idea. The first few paragraphs of your suggestion reminds me of a game that utilizes that to a degree called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (as well as a myriad of the Nippon Ichi Software series like Phantom Brave, the rest of the Disgaea series...). However, I'm not sure how in depth of coding that really requires. I understand that Alban Training Grounds utilizes the random area thing to an extent, but it's picking from set areas...
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    XxSWxX wrote: »
    This is an infinite dungeon event idea i've had for a few years, which I nicknamed the Deeeep Dungeon. It is an event where players can enter a dungeon with near infinite floors which increase in difficulty over time.

Inside the dungeon, the difficulty and mob exp would increase every 10 floors. Each floor would have 4 rooms, and every 10th floor has a boss room at the end.

After defeating the boss, the party leader can choose to leave now via the altar or go deeper into the dungeon. If the party leader chooses "Leave now", all players in the party receive an Exit Bonus (which is exp and gold) and will be taken back to the entrance. The Exit Bonus is higher every 10 floors. So, it's sorta like gamble against our own strength whether or not we should keep going deeper.

Inside the dungeon, the only revive options are revive at entrance, and revive at altar.
    However, players can only revive at the altar up to 3 times, after which they cannot revive back inside the dungeon.

Other notes:

The boss will have keys to chests afterwards as usual, these chests will contain gold and event items. For instance, RB potions, revive balloons, Upgrade stones, Reforges, etc. There should be better rewards the deeper you go.

The appearance of the dungeon will change every 10 floors. For instance, floors 1~10 = Alby, 11~20 = Ciar, 21~30 = Rabbie, 31~40 = Math, 41~50 = Peaca, and floors 51+ = Rundal. And if possible, floors 101+ will be Peaca Abyss.
    The music and enemies for the appropriate dungeon will also be used.

Note that even though the enemies take the appearance of a particular dungeon's enemies, the enemies would be way stronger than their usual variants.

Non-party leader players can leave the dungeon individually if they must, but their reward will be less.

Players must enter with a party, but that party can be one person; so the dungeon could be soloed if you want.

There could be rare "loot floors" which consist of 2 rooms, 1st being an orb room which spawns enemies that drop keys, and the 2nd room being a treasure room with the chests.

Revive balloons may still work in the dungeon without causing the player to loose their 3 altar revivals.

Any methods to warp into the dungeon via friend capsules or other similar methods will not work.

sounds a bit like the labrynth from Vindictus.

i'd love it =D

a war of attrition where you fight till at last you can go no further