Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What to get if hybrid of combat and magic?

JekzellJekzell
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
in Help
I like to use both combat and magic. when it comes to gear and ES, what should i get? should i get half and half, like some max dmg and some magic attack. or make separate gear.? For magic i like using Firebolt and Fireball alot.

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited July 20, 2017
    I would recommend getting Merlin Knuckles (the 5 hit ones are much better for chaining attacks together). The ones I have are enchanted Master and Fist to help with will and damage. Fist enchant I believe is through commercing (its really expensive though) and Master is a quest reward i think from rush of love series (you can repeat it on an alt to obtain it again). My Merlins have served me well over the years to provide versatility with almost all the magics (i think blaze and party heal are the only ones that can't be cast as this weapon is knuckles not a staff per say). Using them I like to cast magic like ice spear or thunder to freeze monster for a bit then follow up with fighter ie charging strike to do lots of damage.

For fire magic, I would recommend getting a full hebona set with firebolt augment (10 total point of fire boost among all the equipped pieces) to give you more damage. Trinity or Karis set is also nice for mages if you can get full 10 points of mp usage reduction (helps a lot when using higher level magic). Finding perfect set pieces is tough, but if you like to do Ballooning you can get an enchant called Mana Magician to add 1 point of mana usage reduction per piece of equipment enchanted to help you get to that 10 needed. So if you have trinity wear with 3 points of mana reduction and you enchant it with Mana Magician it acts as though you actually have 4 points on that piece allowing you to get lower numbers on the other pieces. I hope that makes sense.

If you go with a staff for a weapon you want to try and get chain casting as high as you can (when you upgrade select chain casting as the upgrade path whenever possible) so that way you get more charges stacked and ready to go. Casting speed also helps so you can fire off them spells quickly.

My equipment is no where near end game so there might be better enchants to use but I hope this helps you and good luck training everything. Magic is a major AP hog XD
    Samuelalex of Mari