Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

People spamming party ad with uncensored cusswords

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
edited July 19, 2017 in General Chat
tumblr_of1urbUQ3O1udouqko1_500.gif

I've screenie and about to report but srsly Nexon if U don't ban them...This is the reason people break tos all the time with mods/hacks/bots/etc. No real consequences.

1. This is why mods are frown upon.30 votes
    1. Yup.
       27% (8 votes)
    2. I bet Nexon won't do anything to them.
       73% (22 votes)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 19, 2017
    Mods aren't required to bypass the swear filter, if that is what this topic is about. Also a draconian enforcement of the TOS wouldnt be great, because some mods help players with lower performance computers. If you believe that mods are a "no-no" regardless of the circumstances, well that's kinda harsh but it is your opinion so feel free i guess. ~(v.v)~
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I think U can blacklist them to remove their pty ad?
    edited July 19, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    I think U can blacklist them to remove their pty ad?

I don't think that's the issue OP is talking about.
    Its more of a
    OP: "Nexon you gotta stop looking weak, ban all the modders (insert meme)"
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Mods are acceptable in KR, can we please progress past this?
    ChibiMegu
    Please dont turn this into a mod debate thread, those threads get locked. :(
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited July 20, 2017
    People who are clearly bots and abusing the party system should be investigated and banned if found to be in violation of the rules. One such type party/player would be the gold bots often found in dunby or belvast that advertise exchanging gold for real life currency which is a violation of the TOS. The best thing to do is take screenshots and file a report if you think someone is violating the TOS. Nexon will check into it.

I'm not sure how they would handle the situation with cussing in the party, but i would think that would violate the rules in some way. It's offensive and inappropriate. I think the context of the words would be considered.

One thing I can suggest to Nexon though is to IP ban people who are proven to be bots/scammers so that they can not return on a new account to continue the behaviors.
    edited July 20, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    People who are clearly bots and abusing the party system should be investigated and banned if found to be in violation of the rules. One such type party/player would be the gold bots often found in dunby or belvast that advertise exchanging gold for real life currency which is a violation of the TOS. The best thing to do is take screenshots and file a report if you think someone is violating the TOS. Nexon will check into it.

I'm not sure how they would handle the situation with cussing in the party, but i would think that would violate the rules in some way. It's offensive and inappropriate. I think the context of the words would be considered.

One thing I can suggest to Nexon though is to IP ban people who are proven to be bots/scammers so that they can not return on a new account to continue the behaviors.

IP bans don't really do anything, all you have to do is change your IP. Bots probably use some form of proxy to begin with so banning them is pointless. In short, bots are like insects, you can't kill them all. Instead of banning bots, ban the player who buys the gold, that's the most logical decision.

And nexon does not moderate the exchange of goods outside of their established trading system (in fact they frown upon any other forms of trading (drop trades, etc)), so avoiding scammers is technically your responsibility. Of course they do ban the occasional scammer, which in my opinion is bad precedent, but yeah.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 20, 2017
    Spy wrote: »

IP bans don't really do anything, all you have to do is change your IP. Bots probably use some form of proxy to begin with so banning them is pointless. In short, bots are like insects, you can't kill them all. Instead of banning bots, ban the player who buys the gold, that's the most logical decision.

And nexon does not moderate the exchange of goods outside of their established trading system (in fact they frown upon any other forms of trading (drop trades, etc)), so avoiding scammers is technically your responsibility. Of course they do ban the occasional scammer, which in my opinion is bad precedent, but yeah.

They ban scammers now? This is a first that I've seen/herd of it. Do the victim gets his/her guds back tho??? I mean eating a ban is nothing if u get to keep ur 50m~ish item U scammed that U can return to later or having the last laugh since it's permanently lost 2 the scammers account.
    Rhey wrote: »

They ban scammers now? First of herd of it. Do the victim gets his guds back tho???

I'm pretty sure they have banned scammers before, it may be just for scamming though.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lol. Anything you do against ToS can make you get banned.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    Mods are acceptable in KR, can we please progress past this?
    something something if mabi can have mods, can i mod my maplestury for skill exploitz?
    I'm pretty sure you did that yourself. . .
    It'd have to be managed in the same way abuse in regular chats or DMs would be, which to my understanding doesn't usually end in discipline unless someone is actually getting harassed.
    GretaKonTheKindBear
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    The naughty word list is a joke.

Why is Yuri a bad word?

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    giphy.gif

How rude and immature! Do they kiss their mother with that mouth? Hmpf! >O>

Something does need to be done about party spamming though when the ads are offensive or rude. There should be a way to not let the party ad be shown if there's a swear word or something inappropriate in it.
    Sphyra21
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 20, 2017
    @Buffalos Who cares about maplestory? XD
    AgentJean wrote: »

Why is Yuri a bad word?

I know why.

1332090722958766878epic%20face-md.png
    KonTheKindBear
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Who cares about maplestory? XD

The same would go about Mabinogi to some people.
    Buffalos
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Gonna give you the mom answer ~ Just ignore them or BL.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 20, 2017
    AgentJean wrote: »

Why is Yuri a bad word?

Ask Korea. The censor the weirdest things. S Korea is as shut in as the N.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you did that yourself. . .
    My point was whether or not the TOS should be enforced as strictly as possible so that OP would realize the issue isn't that simple. I never said "nexon should allow mods because blah blah blah". People use mods in the game, that's a fact.
    It doesn't imply "debate about mods guyzzz".
    I could have easily used a different example, like sharing accounts, but that example is less relevant, and someone would probably bring up a more fallacious argument like "wow sharing accounts has nothing to do with mods, lol".
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Mods aren't required to bypass the swear filter, if that is what this topic is about.

^^ that. But I agree they should be banned for it. If you have screenshots, just go report them. Usually when I see people dodging the filter to say nasty things, I block them, but I think reporting them is necessary too.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    @Buffalos Who cares about maplestory? XD

Pretty sure Nexon NA uses a 'global' ToS across all of their games, so allowing Mabi to have mod """support""" would require changing that global ToS to allow it. Then the other games would need to either allow mods, or make their own individual ToSs (which might be a nightmare).
    In case you weren't aware, Maplestory is basically ~70% client sided and any modification to it can easily become a hack that destroys the game.