Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wait, what gods bless the altar of restoration?

EdethaEdetha
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited July 20, 2017 in General Chat
Using the power of the 3 gods of Colum Cuallemeach, you can use this altar to restore damaged items.
Who's Colum Cuallemeach? Did you mean Cromm Cruaich?

If so... why are we handing our equipment over to an evil dragon god that wants to destroy everything? Seems like it'd be cheaper to hand the gear to ferghus if that's what we want.

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    What's the god who blesses your weapons when you special upgrade them? I forget his name, but I think he's also part of a set of deities which might be who they are -trying- to call on here.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Isn't that Lymilark?
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    I'm surprised they didn't say the 3 Gods of the Trí Dée Dána, since two of them are already in Mabi. (Goibniu and Creidhne, the 3rd one being Luchtaine: They're the Metalsmith, goldsmith and carpenter.)

• MhaolMhaol
    edited July 20, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    What's the god who blesses your weapons when you special upgrade them? I forget his name, but I think he's also part of a set of deities which might be who they are -trying- to call on here.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Isn't that Lymilark?

^You're probably Spot on. Its Lymilark, along with Hymerark and Jeamiderark are 3 gods under direct command of Aton Cimeni, Mabinogi's 'Creator Deity'.

Though, their Trinity being being called Colum Cuallemeach sounds a bit odd.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 20, 2017
    According to this French text, Colum Cuallemeach is one of the mythological blacksmiths.
    https://archive.org/stream/revuedelhistoir01unkngoog/revuedelhistoir01unkngoog_djvu.txt

The Tir-Taimgire of these and the Tamoanhan
    Of Mexicans; And these analogies will appear even more complicated,
    If we compare their inhabitants, the Tuatha De Danann,
    Companions of Herakles-Ogmios, with the Toltecs
    Of Quetzalcoatl. It is to these geniuses of the Golden Age that two people,
    Separated by the immensity of the Atlantic,
    Their civilization. The Tuatha De Danann offered
    To the Irish Tideal of scholars, artists, poets;
    Ogma grianainech (to the so-
    Laire), the champion par excellence, * who invented writing
    Ogamic, 'like Hercules the Egyptian, the Phrygian letters *
    Born; * Luchta or Luchtiné, the carpenter; * Creidne, the great
    A goldsmith and ceramist who gave King Nuada a silver hand; •
    Goibnen, the blacksmith, who was also a brewer and cook;
    Culand, and Colum Cuallemeach, two other blacksmiths,
    Less than they form one; Lug Lamfada (in the long
    Hand), surnamed Olam (doctor) and Sabdildâjiach {^ nnce beyond
    Polymathy) because he was versed in all the arts; dagda
    The incomparable musician; ** Abcan, the harpist; "In, the poet
    And historian; ^ Diancecht, the great physician, ^^ less skilled
    Her daughter Midas and her daughter Armeda (for if he had
    Adapted to the arm of King Nuada the silver hand made by

"Revue de l'histoire des religions" - Armand Colin, 1880
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Stolias wrote: »
    Though, their Trinity being being called Colum Cuallemeach sounds a bit odd.

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong name for their group. This one appears in an Italian (?) book about old religion in a segment on old Celtic, but doesn't seem to mention anything about the group.
  • MhaolMhaol
    According to this French text, Colum Cuallemeach is one of the mythological blacksmiths.
    https://archive.org/stream/revuedelhistoir01unkngoog/revuedelhistoir01unkngoog_djvu.txt

Culand, and Colum Cuallemeach, two other blacksmiths,

"Revue de l'histoire des religions" - Armand Colin, 1880

Thanks for pointing that out. Translations are always tricky.

While I still can't find an exact pin on on the term "Colum Cuallemeach", I can identify who that other smith is from that text: Culand/Culann the smith from the Story of Cuchulainn. Culann had a fierce watchdog that a young boy ended up killing, the Boy became the Smith's new Watchdog, earning the name "Cuchulainn" (Hound of Culann) until Culann reared a new dog.

Seeing as Culand are Colum Cuallemeach are in the same line of text in that translation, there is a possibility that have a relation. As Culand is in the story of Cuchulainn, there are 3 Options on who Colum Cualemeach might be:
    1. Culand himself, just due to various depictions and translations, be might've been viewed as two different people.
    2. Cuchulainn
    3. Conall Cernach, another important figure to the Cuchulainn storyline, very close to Culand and Cuchulainn.

That's all I got at the moment, I'll keep digging around my text books to see if I can find anything that might help.

Especially a French text from 1880.
    Mhaol
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if you actually listen to Walter when toy do the quest and take the items he tells you who they are lol
    Arjune wrote: »
    if you actually listen to Walter when toy do the quest and take the items he tells you who they are lol

How many people really talk to npcs? :D
    But, it's true all the answers to most things about the game are in the game.
  • MhaolMhaol
    edited July 20, 2017

... the one thing I haven't done yet: Check to see if Mabinogi gave us a quest for a new Item.

HAHA- The 3 Gods are Goibne, Credne and Luchta. (they really should've called it the Trí Dée Dána then...) But I love that I was right with my first post. lol

Still fun tho trying to figure out where DevCat picked up the name 'Colum Cuallemeach' from to use in the game.
    Edetha
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Stolias wrote: »

... the one thing I haven't done yet: Check to see if Mabinogi gave us a quest for a new Item.

HAHA- The 3 Gods are Goibne, Credne and Luchta. (they really should've called it the Trí Dée Dána then...) But I love that I was right with my first post. lol

Still fun tho trying to figure out where DevCat picked up the name 'Colum Cuallemeach' from to use in the game.

My bets are on NA not being entirely sure what devCAT was trying to spell and made a guess. Has someone made a bug report thread on this naming thing yet?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    54b76dbe6c.png
    Goibne and Credne we've definitely heard before.

I don't really remember hearing the names Colum Cuallameach or Luchta before.

8f1d1eb6bb.png
    This part's weird, shouldn't it be talking in the past tense?
    "If we DIDN'T have these, we WOULDN'T HAVE won the Battle of Mag Tuireadh."?
    That's stuff that happened a while back right?

a7eb3b28c0.png
    And if these Altars were introduced "not long ago" wouldn't it make more sense if "the CHURCH of Lymilark" introduced these altars?