Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Melody Step effect on durability

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
in Help
When finishing to the end a Freestyle Jam in which you got a 5 or higher combo you are awarded the Melody Step effect.
"You will receive the Melody Step effect.
Your equipment's durability will gradually decrease while the effect lasts."
Is it really meant to say that? Losing durability is a horrible reward, does it mean to say that durability will at a decrease slower rate than normal?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 24, 2016
    It's a bad translation.

Holy water had a bad translation once upon a time.
    Holy Water used to say something like this:
    "You can use this to bless items. The durability of item with the blessing slowly decreases, and it never falls onto the ground when you become disabled. There is no time limit to the blessing, but the item may disappear when you become disabled."

But no, it decreases durability loss by 25%, stacking multiplicatively with other sources.

So Blessing (-50%) + Melody Step (-25%) comes out to -62.5%

On another note, the "Blessed Melody Step" buff's text has a better translation.
    Bronzebreak
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    what would be the durability loss % decrease for blessed melody step + VIP + Blessing?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    @Arjune
    You're gonna make me do maaaaath? :(
    Juuuuust below -72%

I wonder what it'd be with blessing, melody step, VIP, and durability usage decrease set effect.

Oh also, Melody Step and Blessed Melody Step are both -25% dura usage.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

@Arjune
    You're gonna make me do maaaaath? :(
    Juuuuust below -72%

I wonder what it'd be with blessing, melody step, VIP, and durability usage decrease set effect.

Oh also, Melody Step and Blessed Melody Step are both -25% dura usage.
    oh I see... a friend told me it was 50% for blessed. :P
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 24, 2016
    Hmm, maybe?
    I guess I'm not too sure anymore.
  • ArjuneArjune
    me neither XD but thanks for doing the math. 72% is pretty nice
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited December 24, 2016
    I could never catch what the buff said because it would give me my exp award, blocking out that message for some reason.
    Thank you everyone on clarifying what that all was.
    I never knew it did that, all I did catch was something about durability which made me think "Oh no this can't be good". xD
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 25, 2016
    Okay, just tested with Blessed Melody Step.

Normally, unblessed, it takes 10 "gathers" to make a gathering knife go from 10/10 to 9/10. (Without VIP, which is what I'm working with)
    With Blessed Melody Step, an unblessed gathering knife went down to 9/10 after 14 uses.
    -25% durability usage would give us ~13.333 uses for 1 dura, which is 14 uses, since you can't do a fraction of a gather.

So both Melody Step and Blessed Melody Step count as -25% durability usage.
    Though Blessed Step has the added benefit of lasting 3x longer than normal step, along with the +3 Music Buff Effect thing, so there's that.

Either way, you'll definitely wanna Jam to get this buff before you go off and do stuff with your items!
    Bronzebreak