Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Cello....

ShadowamiShadowami
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
in General Chat
Before this update, the cello was just fine. I created so many professionally made songs, and the very beauty and richness REQUIRES the long note, just how I prefer it in rl. With this new update, and now the cello cannot sustain the long note, it's time to take a bow out I'm afraid. I know it would require me to go back through all my songs to redo them, but most of them have the best ingredient with the tempo and length of note to the point it cannot be fixed with this update. It breaks my heart... but I'm on my final days part of nexon now.

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Define "long" in this instance. I have a few cello pieces that have long notes and they don't really sound any different to me today than they did when I first wrote them.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Long deep notes, like the C notes, they seem to cancel out at like half the time as before the update.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Exactly how long, though? I have a song that has a dotted whole note at 180 BPM, for example, that still sounds perfectly normal. It only gets cut off when that song has two other lines that start at the same time, which is how the cello has always worked with that particular piece.
    Amixiao
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Ok nvm, the extention that uses & in between notes cannot be used anymore, that's all. Whew, easy fix!
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Shadowami
    Shadowami said:

Ok nvm, the extention that uses & in between notes cannot be used anymore, that's all. Whew, easy fix!
    Well that's good, and also has me slightly terrified about my stuff. Time to double check everything I own.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    actually nevermind... I just checked another piece of mine. It still cuts off at some parts even without the & extention. And the same crap is happening to the violin pieces.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    If you are wondering, my name is Aliami of Tarlach server. If anyone has heard my songs before on there, you would understand my concern if you heard those songs now.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Shadowami
    Shadowami said:

If you are wondering, my name is Aliami of Tarlach server. If anyone has heard my songs before on there, you would understand my concern if you heard those songs now.
    make a recording and upload to youtube?
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    o.o I don't use cello...
    since the normal scroll sheets don't work too well with it..
    and cello music scrolls are less common u_u
    it's a pretty big instrument lying in my pets inv xD
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    I'll do a recording of the after update, and upload the same song example before the update and show what I mean. It's truely bothersome. And because so many scores don't work with the cello, is because you really have to know how to compose with it, like exactly. I've made over 300 cello songs of my real life performances or of my favorite orchestras, violin too.
  • TelmesTelmes
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    I can vouch for this. One of my cello songs cut off on the longer notes. Not enough to ruin it completely, but it's very noticeable compared to before the update.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    This is the before update:

And this is the horrid after...

• ShadowamiShadowami
    And mind you all, this was one of my basic creations. I've done my best to master the cello
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    It breaks my heart because some of even my most basic works flow very lovely, such as this one. But it cannot flow anymore. Help nexon ;~;
  • TelmesTelmes
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    Yeah, it really sucks that they ruined the cello like this. :/ It's not even a minor change, it's a very noticeable one that can ruin songs that are based mostly upon long notes like that.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    So sad :C That was very nice sounding.
  • MohawkGuyMohawkGuy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,440
    Hello everyone,

So sorry this issue is occurring now, this will be reported ASAP. That is a beautiful song Shadowami, keep up the good composing!

(:7
    BlissfulkillTelmesShadowami
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    MohawkGuy
    MohawkGuy said:

Hello everyone,

So sorry this issue is occurring now, this will be reported ASAP. That is a beautiful song Shadowami, keep up the good composing!

(:7
    Oh, so it isn't a feature?

Thanks for telling us.

• ShadowamiShadowami
    Yeah... >< the cello was a make or break for me for the game, because it is my heart and soul. Now I don't know what to do
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Thank you so much MohawkGuy :) that means so much to me. Also what I noticed was the difference in the harp now. The reason the harp size is the way it is, is because it is made to play octaves that a lyre cannot fluidly play beautifully, meaning a harp could actually handle some of my cello pieces, almost as beautiful as the cello itself. So basically, the Cello, Violin, and the Harp, were the main, only musical instruments I spent much time on. The harp can remain the way it is to be able to play lighter notes now, but the sound of the harp playing the low octaves is also a splendid sound to behold.
    Telmes