Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet System Revamp

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
in Feedback and Suggestions
When was the last time any of you used say.. a Black Wolf Pet? Or a Silver Fox Pet? The Shires?
Beside to rip them open and check their insides for that item you lost a long time ago.

While I know the game obviously wants to sell new pets, it's sad to see some of the old pets go to waste in their shadow. So, I propose a few things to make pets a little more fun to have.

-Make pets unlimited. As it is, people's pets do not run out of time. Not many people use pets so constantly that they expire. "But Xeek!" You say, "If people don't run out of pet-time what is even the point of making it unlimited?" Well, part of Mabinogi is ascetics. And while the mini-gems have done a decent job in giving us a companion we can always treasure. There is a bigger variety of pets for those who want to have a sheep around, a falcon, or an elephant. "But Xeek!" I glare at you as you cry out again. "But some pets, like the newly given Tuan horse fairy thing have effects that may be too strong to leave for a long time." To that, they can simply have a time on special abilities. Worried that to many people would use their cow to pet to flood the market with cows? Make it so that after some time, they cannot milk the cow.

-Make pet rebirth more accessible. Either completely free after X amount of time or rebirth cards. While I know you can just rebirth a pet you have the card to. It doesn't allow you to rebirth exclusive pets. And going with the issue above, why would you want to rebirth them? Why not just make a new one and have the extended time. Rebirthing your pets has multiple usages. Train it at certain stats, getting that summon bonus. Just overall having it at a younger size(which goes back to the aesthetic feel of the game. I may want a teeny dragon.

-More influential Pets/Partners. Pets are currently very lack luster. I remember back in my day....before all you whipper snappers had that fancy summon effect that only keeps getting stronger (seriously... the next effect is going to be execute everyone near by), actually fighting side by side with my Mabinogi pets. Either playing with the Pet AI system or commanding it. Divine Link was a step in the right direction, but I think pets should have more effects, for having the pet actually out. Example; having a Bird-like pet should give you accuracy on range skills. Having a spider pet would make Spider Shot not require ammo. Elephants give you a small chance at heavy stander.

-Pets/Partners as secondary characters. This is an idea that Alchemy(the loser player, not the skill set) and I came up with. Make pets be their own characters. Have their own progression and most importantly, their own unique skill set. This will allow players to rank up skills on a second character that will benefit them, but not directly make them stronger. This can be specially good for when you've run out of AP or things to rank as well as give players a unique skill set so that it won't be as stale. Then you summon your companion and get to benefit from that training.

MissFortuneSoraHakuDABlissfulkill
  1. Do you agree with my requested changes?19 votes
    1. Yes.
       79% (15 votes)
    2. No. But I love you.
       21% (4 votes)

Comments

• NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I agree on the pet rebirth changes. Having the requirement of the same pet card for a rebirth is a bit silly especially for exclusive pets as mentioned. A good example would be my Black Sheep I've had since it first came out over 5 years ago. I'd just lost my beginner benefits and only then realized it was getting an additional +100mana from it. Now that it has only 25 max mana it's a great example of where a rebirth and more early leveling would have been a good idea. Sadly, one would need to wait for the pets to be released again if ever to do just that. Potential money lost where it could have been gained.
    Peloi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Definitely agree with taking away summon time.
    Transfers_pls
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Gaea said:

Definitely agree with taking away summon time.
    But if you take away the summon time, you can't summon it 8D.
  • Transfers_plsTransfers_pls
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Also if pets were multiserver or transferable that would be helpful. I bought this pet to use, now can I use it how I like?
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    edited March 13, 2017
    Or just remove pets all together.......
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 22, 2017
    *edit*
    Sorry, didn't notice the suggestion date is a month older. Discussion Thread already exists
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 23, 2017
    Not sure why we have limited durations today. Barely anyone will run out of summoning time for one pet with Divine Link, unless they spam a lot of missions for a straight 2 hours,and anything besides that will never happen

In any case...people would still pet spam.