Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Question

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
in Help
How do I make a perfect dish? Also.. How do I do 40% egg and 70% water...

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The percentages on the recipes are obviously off here as well as other recipes. If you consult the wiki, it'll give you the proper recipe. Nexon really needs to fix this issue... XD
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    XeekTheMighty

If your referring to a 5 star dish that's rng. But otherwise, following the recipes in the wiki will get you perfect dishes.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Ahh... Well that isn't good. Back in my day... It was about skill.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    XeekTheMighty

Ahh... Well that isn't good. Back in my day... It was about skill.
    When they raised the skill level cap they also soon after changed the way the star rating worked also. It's made it hard to rank now. It also had made it near impossible for me to get the 5star dishes I need for a cooking journal quest. I won't be able to complete it until I raise my cooking related skill levels to increase the possibility of getting a 5star.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    XeekTheMighty

When the percent ingame don't add to 100, just think of them as parts, and then calculate the real percents from that. In your case, that would be :
    Eggs : 40/(40+70) ~ 36%
    Water : 70/(40+70) ~ 64%

The rng part is true, unfortunately. Even with perfect proportions, you're not guaranteed a 5 stars dish....
    Except with a level 20 Cooking Quality Bonus reforge which grants +15 food quality (+0.75 per level)
    KttyErydanosGoldtiger01
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    To get Cooking measurements about right I suggest using the 'ruler' (measurements for cooking image) found in Mabinogi World Wiki:

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Cooking

It's very handy, honestly.. I always have the page loaded in my phone when I try to cook decent stuff. The 5 stars though... >.<' Pure RNG.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Thank you all for your answers;

However I found that the issue was actually a glitch... or a weird implementation. Let me give a background;

In Rank 9 Cooking, no matter how many times I tried, even with rank 3 tasting I could not get the requirement.
    "Make a dish that is deliciously stir-fried."

I was trying to make Fried Onions and Fried Mushroom. I tried playing with the in-game recipe and then just ended up looking at the Wiki. There is two recipes.
    For Fried Onion: Onion(47%) Garlic(40%) Salt(13%) / Onion(55%) Garlic(45%)
    For Fried Mushroom: Button Mushroom(65%) Garlic(25%) Salt(10%) / Button Mushroom(71%) Garlic(29%)

Doing the second recipe, since it seemed the easiest will not give you the requirement. Not even if you put the perfect amount of ingredients.
    However, it will give it to you for "Eat a deliciously stir-fried dish." if you eat the dish.

The one with salt is the one required for the training requirements.