Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Counter with windmill?

MysticfaeriequeenMysticfaeriequeen
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in Alexina Chat
I met all the requirements for ranking up windmill except for counterattack with windmill. I let mobs knock me down and used windmill afterwards. What counts as a counter? And what's the unknown training method?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Counter with windmill is quite difficult to pull off.
    Fortunately it only appears in the training requirements of the lower ranks of Windmill, and you get enough points doing the other training that you don't have to perform a windmill counter to advance.

Here, have a look at the wiki's training for windmill for info on what the "unknown" method is.
    http://wiki.mabi.world/view/Windmill#Training_Method

It should be "defeat several enemies at once".
    Several, in windmill's case, counts as 4 or more.
    So find a spot where 4 enemies are close together and defeat them all at once with windmill.
    [Deleted User]MysticfaeriequeenPeloi
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Attack/Defeat multiple enemies is a better requirement to do because it counts for more training points, and it's easy to find 4 slowpoke enemies clumped together in Their Method.

That said, there's a misconception here that I'm very tired of hearing and I must correct...

Counter with Windmill is incredibly easy to pull off. A long long time ago a bunch of "pros" made up a ridiculously convoluted training method involving walls and rats, and for some reason everyone accepted that as the only way it can be done and never questioned it. Ever since then, this requirement has had a bad reputation for being "difficult to pull off".

This is how you do it:
    1) Enter Their Method Basic (yes, same place you find multiple enemies... convenient, huh?)
    2) Approach one zombie and get right up to his face
    3) When he starts to hit you, spam the Windmill hotkey

That's all. It will activate automatically.

Do we need a video? Here's a video. I recorded it 10 minutes ago. That's how easy it is.
    IyasenuKidthiefVimi