Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should stances overwrite other idol poses?

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    To be fair, if stances gave stats then they would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive. Probably 30-40m a piece.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited September 3, 2018
    Maia wrote: »
    To be fair, if stances gave stats then they would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive. Probably 30-40m a piece.

Maybe. I could see that happening with the twin swords one.

At some point I wouldn't be surprised something like this is released down the road.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I just don't think this warrants that much priority. I mean if the stances granted when activated like +5-10 max attack that would be different. But...all it does it just change your pose. I mean they could of implemented the new stances as part of the ranking system, like when you get to rank 1 of sword mastery it changes your stance.

But no, gacha everything. It continues to sicken me.

Then stop supporting gachas.

Oooooo...edgy!
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

Plus, people would only buy the stance with the "best" stats instead of choosing a stance for aesthetic reasons.
  • MaiaMaia

Plus, people would only buy the stance with the "best" stats instead of choosing a stance for aesthetic reasons.

It would be a mixture. Battlenogi players would hoard the twin-swords, lance, cylinder, magic, dual guns, cylinder, and 2h stances for sure. The others would be coveted by fashionogi largely but there would be those on either end who would simply want them all (either for fashion collection or damage collection). Regardless, the cost would skyrocket. I hope they don't do stat-stance cards. I like the totems we have and I like that they steadily increase higher stat ones through events. I hope more magic ones come out soon to be honest as well as some general stat ones.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Fashionogi care about stats?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I still fail to see why people are hating on stances being in the gacha. Stances are the perfect things to be placed in there, they do nothing besides modify your idle and combat look AND NOTHING ELSE. No, it doesn't need to be part of the ranking system, and it doesn't need to be acquirable in-game. In fact this gacha is actually a model that NX should subscribe to instead of dropping Rank 1 reforged armor with stats comparable to the strongest available in-game obtainable equivalent with a unique status effect. Barring of course the stupidly OP elite titles. That's the only thing wrong with this gacha. Here's the deal, you get stances for one reason and one reason alone: for style. You either spend the gold to buy it off a person, or you dump some money in the gacha because you just really LIKE the stance. it offers nothing to modify your play style, and hell, 90% of the time you won't even be paying attention to what pose you're taking while doing something.
    JJSebastianMizukiHayamahappyx2055
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Chunk of crack.
  • MaiaMaia

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I get the feeling you didn't internalize what I was saying. Fashionogi players would want them for fashion and battlenogi players would want them for battle. I stated it that way in my post. The prices would've skyrocketed if they offered stats as the battle players would be bidding against the fashion players. The demand would vastly outpace supply.

As @GTCvActium said, I like this model pretty well. Even the titles were largely underwhelming and fashion based. The healer and music titles were boss, that was it. Appearance scrolls, alternate stances, and other cosmetics are what should be in the gacha. End-game battle gear should be obtained in-game.
    Veylainehappyx2055
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

If anything they would release totems with higher possible stats than anything we've gotten so far in the gacha, or better yet they have a gacha exclusive totem that not only has better stats than our current totems but stack with them.

And give them the drop rates of wings cause why not.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I get the feeling you didn't internalize what I was saying. Fashionogi players would want them for fashion and battlenogi players would want them for battle. I stated it that way in my post. The prices would've skyrocketed if they offered stats as the battle players would be bidding against the fashion players. The demand would vastly outpace supply.

As @GTCvActium said, I like this model pretty well. Even the titles were largely underwhelming and fashion based. The healer and music titles were boss, that was it. Appearance scrolls, alternate stances, and other cosmetics are what should be in the gacha. End-game battle gear should be obtained in-game.

Yes I understood your post.