Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Returning, few questions + Dex Stat + P/Cs

AxxonAxxon
Mabinogi Rep: 320
in General Chat
1) Is it worth to do Iria the Saga II ? I just rushed through season 1 yesterday (not a fun time let me tell yah), the 300 AP and pegasus is worth but I keep reading that season is a mess and barely worth its 200 AP...

1) Master Bard and Close combat... how to decently get 1mil for that Grandmaster ? I'm slowly getting Chain Slash to Master too X_X

2) How to boost buff from music even more ? r1 Song, r1 Instrument and Grandmaster the only way ?

3) Best title for Chain slash ? Using bearer of Bachram for now. I still have Saga II and G19+ to Do, everything else is done

4) Is my dex/luck too low for Chain Slash ? How to boost DECENTLY ? I'm really scared of having to go deep in archery, I really hate it in this game.

Here are my stats, Tlvl 5531 and Clvl 122. I really feel like I built a Gunner against my will ~_~

STR : 496
INT : 512
Dex : 401
Wil : 321
Luck : 358

5) I got a alot of stuff from doing all the Gens up to Saga I and going deep in Chain Slash/Bard, I wonder if I got decent stuff to sell to get GrandMaster more easily.

- Second dorcha crystal (spare)
- Thunder skill pg1, 2, 3, 5
- Fireball pg 2,5,6
- Ice spear pg 3
- Arrow Revolver pg 1,3,5,7,10 (Dropped pg10 from Baol, so I feel like it's a big one)
- 10 Super sticky mochi
- Yellow prism
- Orange Prism
- Green Prism
- Sky blue Prism
- 245/245/245 White dye
- 192/0/0 Red Dye
- 245/170/63 Orange Dye
- 47/103/49 Green Dye

THANKS alot for your time, I'm still new even if I'm deep into the storyline and completed that 2nd Memoir X_X

Comments

• ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    1. Yes its worth? AP is AP. Plus at 5k it should be easy. I did it relatively easily with almost no combat skills ranked. (Even if you die a lot of missions the npcs can finish themselves, as well so even if you cant do it. )

1 part 2? . Spam shadow missions, sell some of the stuff you listed, check auction for prices. Saga episodes on all characters

2. Enchants. Upgraded gloomy sunday, titles and second titles

4. Simply due to dex and luck both being easy to get, chain slash is easy to deal high damage. Just rank life skills mostly. However actively avoiding archery is going to hurt you in the dex department as well.As a elf my master archer talent gives 125 dex by itself, not to mention all the dex from its skills. Make sure you do puppetry since your strength is high as well, because its a very nice and useful utility to have.

5. learning to check prices is the most useful skill to learn in the game, so just go and visit the market channel wherever people go, look at the auction house and housing board as well to get a feel.

Are you on Alexina? You post history suggests so. But having the server is important to this part.
    Axxon
  • AxxonAxxon
    edited January 3, 2019
    Yeah I'm on Alexina, I lost my account a long time ago and Memoir update is a nice catch-up system. I'm a human btw.

My objective is to main Chain Slash while having Bard and Mage mastered. So I did Combat > Bard (Almost done) > Chain (need the 3 baltane skill quests, others are already r1) and I kind of hoped to jump on mage since I started to invest in it, but if Dex is that essential, I will Master Archery.

As of puppetry and Gunner, I know I have the stats to do well on them, but I suck on puppetry and dislike gunner. I mostly felt uncomfortable with my Dex being only at 400 but archery seems to be the talent to master to solve that. I'm not worried by my luck, my lucky finish rate tells me it's quite high (lol)

I have an idea for the prices, but those Arrow Revolver pages, mochi, dye and prism seems to be either really rare or fluctuates alot.
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    If you're going to main chains then you'll want to do archery just for the sake of getting dex related skills, after that I'd recommend spending some time doing the dex related life talents as they give quite a lot of dex for barely any ap, such as refining and weaving. For making gold though what zuomo said is good, I spam baltane missions like counter attack and siege but that's a little bit later in the game when you have divine link and a suitable pet to divine link to.
    Axxon
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 3, 2019
    Axxon wrote: »

Dex in general life skills can set you pretty well if you wanna jump right into chain. Weaving, refining. Most important in my opinion. Rank metallurgy
    (I forgot to note that yeah your dex is good enough as it is as well, incase you want to just go ahead/can't wait.)

For luck, and life skills in general make sure you rank 1 harvest song. A side trip onto merchant will also help a lot. Note that this will also earn you some money along the way! I also have a build where all my potential points are put into luck (Since you can switch between 2 different builds.)

The red and white dye will for sure make you a lot of money iirc. I would actually say keep the prisms for yourself but if you really want to sell them, I'd wait since they're pretty common now because of the event.

However, don't just rush to get grandmaster, make sure you enjoy playing a long the way. Chain slash is just grindy to rank, not hard and if your like me you get a ton just in the process of training.

Another tip that will help: Make sure you get a beginners chain blade. It wont help now, but will later. Right now 100% repairs are free, so it's not needed. But when this is over, it will be best to use it for most content. Because you still deal tons of damage, and it's only 1g to repair. Then save the other for harder content. Get it by making a alt and getting it to its first rebirth. Then choosing chain as your talent.

A grindy tip: Remember also that you can get the saga pegasus for every character on your account. Which including the support giant and elf cards from siding with them, i think thats 9 pegasus? This is also a bonus for you to go for, as that is 9 AoE dmg/stun summons that you can use. Also if you haven't made all those characters yet, make them as you get a bank tab for them. So that you can store items instead of throwing them away or anything. Also if you save the boxes to open on a daily day that's 300k per character, since all daily saga episodes will give 30k. (Not counting the gold bags if you sell them. So more like 34k.)

So if you're someone who doesn't mind the hellish grind of doing the same exact content a bunch of times like I did. Well, go ahead.

Axxonpeloisan
  • AxxonAxxon
    Zuomo wrote: »

I'm already really deep in Chain Slash. I need Chain Burst, Explosion and Raging spike only. Everything else is r1 already, but I felt like like lacking dmg a bit compared to close combat, so I thought it was because of my Dex. Good to know my Dex is good enough, but Master Archer is tempting now.

For Songs, all the buff songs are r1 too. What I got left is Song rA, Chorus r5 and encore r8 (good combo with chorus) and a bit of Enthralling+Discord to reach Master. I know Song/Chorus don't affect talent exp, but Song boost the buffs while Chorus has been really useful, but I want that r1 range.

As of Saga I grind, I agree the idea is great but I really disliked the first half (ep1-5 are really long compared to the rest...) I don'T have the guts to do it so many times and I respect you for it xD.

Thanks alot. I thought I didn't know what I was doing, but it seems like I do actually o/ !
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Not bad young grasshopper.

CqtV2jl.jpg

But I'd advise U to reset all ur skill and specialize. Only after absolute Min-Maxing a single stat battlenogi set then U can start spilling ap into a dual set once U casually build up the secondary stats.
    Axxon
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I felt like like lacking dmg a bit compared to close combat, so I thought it was because of my Dex. Good to know my Dex is good enough, but Master Archer is tempting now.
    Tbh, considering your total level is 5k, 400 dex is pretty low. I have been just casually ranking up my elf alt and he already has over 1k dex at level 200 (probably 900ish at level 122), at a total level of 2k. You seem to be going into the right direction, however, instead of evenly distributing your stats, like Rhey said, you should specialize into just dex instead, because at mid game, AP is scarce, so you have to distribute it carefully.

So if you're serious about maining chain,you should reset your skills at Duncan, and dump all your AP into skills that gives dex. You can see this page to find out what skills give dex the most per AP.
    As of puppetry and Gunner, I know I have the stats to do well on them, but I suck on puppetry and dislike gunner.
    I know you said you don't like them but just to correct this, you should have at least 2k STR+DEX combined (for puppetry) and 2k STR+INT combined (for gunner) to do decent damage in them.
    Axxon
  • AxxonAxxon
    Thanks you two, sorry for the late reply.

I will definitively use the skill reset to help out myself, but I will keep my Combat Mastery and Bard skills where they are. Even if bard is not optimal for Dex build, I really like the support I can provide. I will use the reset to mostly get an head start on Archery (URGH) and save AP from skills that ended up being useless (Magic, Brawler and Lancer for Berserker mostly)