Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fantastic Melody. Please change

NarutonineNarutonine
Mabinogi Rep: 715
edited September 20, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
(I'm still at work, so copy pasting what I sent as a support note as I don't have too much time. Was told to post here, so hopefully you get the message)
"Email start"
Are you serious?

I don't mean to sound rude, but I feel utterly neglected. I'm a European player, and I have been playing this game for well over 6 years (lost counts somewhere down the line) and I feel discriminated and lost with this new update you've put out. All the earlier events have been fine. Reseting at 4PM is something I've gotten used to. But the concert hall? 8PM PDT?? That's 5AM for me. Do you really mean to say that if I want any of the perks of the concert bit. THE MAIN THING of this event and update. I am to get up (or stay up) at 5AM? That is unacceptable and I don't really feel like I need to say why.
Isn't this something you can add to the game? Maybe have a concert at 8PM PDT and(!) 8PM GMT? If not, a majority of the european players might feel just as discriminated against as me, and in the long run, that won't be good for you.

Let's at least have a discussion. Get back to me with some ideas and let's talk together. Get the conversation going. Because as it is now, you guys have completely forgotten about the dedicated EU players. And that's not a good look

-Naru
"Email end"
You can view this as a bit of a critique, feedback, and a suggestion. Sorry for sounding a bit on edge, but I was quite tired when I wrote it. Thanks!
Sherri
  1. Europeans, do you agree with me, or am I just the one thinking this is stupid?18 votes
    1. Yeah, it's bad
       67% (12 votes)
    2. Nah man, chill
       33% (6 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Unfortunately, EU players, and other EuroAsia/Africa players are neglected very much so over the years. And to this day, other events like jousting, fashion, and emain cookoff haven't changed their times to make it more friendly to certain time zone users, I don't expect them to do so here.
    WebbedScalyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif
    GretaDarkpixie99
  • NarutonineNarutonine
    We'll see in time if some of the staff even acknowledge this post or not..
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Mabi NA is really Mabi World meaning somewhere there will always be inconvenient times, but, since half the world is the Pacific ocean and nearly all the worlds land is bunched up on the other side, having the times geared to one of that oceans shores, rather than nearer to the middle of the land, means that there is room for improvement.
    Helsa wrote: »
    Mabi NA is really Mabi World meaning somewhere there will always be inconvenient times, but, since half the world is the Pacific ocean and nearly all the worlds land is bunched up on the other side, having the times geared to one of that oceans shores, rather than nearer to the middle of the land, means that there is room for improvement.

Hey sometimes, they host stuff that's inconvenient for people in their own time zone as well.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm not European and I still think the way there is only a single NPC concert at 8PM Pacific per day of this event is bad.
    Having them happen more often than once a day would be a good start, for one.
    Like how about twice, or four times at even intervals throughout the day?
    It wouldn't be tying up the Concert Hall, either. After all NPC concerts only take place on CH3 and Player Concerts can only happen on CH2. (It makes me wonder what the purpose of the concert hall is for the rest of the channels)

But actually this NPC concert thing is gonna be permanent, with one big asterisk.
    After the event, there will only be NPC concerts on Saturday and Saturday, rather than every day.
    So not only will the bad timing be the same, but it will only happen twice a week.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Hey sometimes, they host stuff that's inconvenient for people in their own time zone as well.

Waiting for Californians to be left high and dry. Hm. Maybe that's a bad expression in this case.

Waiting for Californians to be left high and dry. Hm. Maybe that's a bad expression in this case.

Eh, not really.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Just afk there while you sleep it's fine.
    As food for thought, this game's content is designed with only the Korean server in mind, there is only one timezone in South Korea so the server time difference between the Amazon virtual machines NA's server runs on and Europe aren't a consideration at any point.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • NarutonineNarutonine
    Lutetium wrote: »

Works well when we have to buy tickets 30 minutes prior (or is that only for concerts in ch2?)And we have to re enter once said ticket has been bought..

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Narutonine wrote: »

Works well when we have to buy tickets 30 minutes prior (or is that only for concerts in ch2?)And we have to re enter once said ticket has been bought..

the NPC concerts are on channel 3 and no you don't need to buy tickets for them. just afk in the area, concert lasts around 7 to 10 minutes.
  • NarutonineNarutonine
    Negumiko wrote: »

the NPC concerts are on channel 3 and no you don't need to buy tickets for them. just afk in the area, concert lasts around 7 to 10 minutes.

That makes it a bit easier. If I can automate clicks (which is against Mabi ToS(also, I won't do this, relax)) I can summon my pet 5 mins before the concert, and desummon it once the concert is over. If I'm to do it the legit way I still gotta be up to get the pet bonuses
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Negumiko wrote: »

That makes it a bit easier. If I can automate clicks (which is against Mabi ToS(also, I won't do this, relax)) I can summon my pet 5 mins before the concert, and desummon it once the concert is over. If I'm to do it the legit way I still gotta be up to get the pet bonuses

You can't summon a pet during the concert. (it desummons any summoned pets when the concert starts as well)
    The buffs from the concert are applied to your character, so if you AFK'd overnight, the only "buff" you'd be able to take advantage of would be the 1,000 Pet Rebirth Point Potion.
    You're right in that you'd have to be up in order to take advantage of the buffs, though.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    The biggest bonus can't even be obtained from an NPC performance, since they don't last 20 minutes.

As for player concerts, they can actually happen at any time, assuming all the 3-hour periods have been rented out.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 26, 2019
    It's been that way for years...

Want to enter Jousting Tournament or chill in Banquet?
    Want to participate in Festia Treasure Hunt or Fashion Contest?
    Want to enter some Field Boss raids?
    Want to participate in some GM events?
    Or maybe just hear any NPC concert?

Well too bad, you will need to stay up overnight if you are from EU.

Kensamaofmari
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    To be honest, all of these events that require you to be logged in at certain times are stupid. It's like the developers don't think people have lives outside of Mabinogi. (Don't know about you guys, but I do have an actual life, despite appearances to the contrary). Not everyone can be online at a certain time. I feel like the developers should definitely be a little more forgiving. I assume that's why they did things like field bosses spawning more than once a day, but overall, they need to stop with this "You need to be logged in for this" stuff because people can't be logged in all the time.