Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Feedback Model

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
Posts: 1,704
Member
edited December 15, 2016 in Town Square
To be honest, it's a pain hearing spam about setting stuff up when i clearly explain the process and upload a Youtube video afterwards. As this is a forum related issue, I have no reason to add in my Server info. If you want this forum to look like a ticket, then design it like a ticket, don't just rely on people to read or care about what you want them to say in a free model forum.
  1. Approve?10 votes
    1. Approve.
       30% (3 votes)
    2. Just pressing this for the new point system.
       70% (7 votes)

Comments

  • will1624will1624
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Posts: 20
    Member
    Forgive me, but I'm new to the forum and don't really understand whats being gotten at here....at least not 100%. You have a YouTube video explaining it? Or can you explain it here?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Posts: 1,704
    Member
    will1624
    will1624 said:

    Forgive me, but I'm new to the forum and don't really understand whats being gotten at here....at least not 100%. You have a YouTube video explaining it? Or can you explain it here?
    Oh, just some volunteers think that every bug post or suggestion has to be written specifically, and no one really cares because the forum isn't designed in a way that would look like an official ticket system. In other words, if that desired form isn't laid out, then you really shouldn't enforce it and only use it as a mere suggestion. Example of way things were reported on old forums: ingame name and server name, for every issue even if it's an NPC with a missing or broken button that anyone can test.
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,785
    Posts: 59
    Member
    Darkpixie99

    Oh, just some volunteers think that every bug post or suggestion has to be written specifically, and no one really cares because the forum isn't designed in a way that would look like an official ticket system. In other words, if that desired form isn't laid out, then you really shouldn't enforce it and only use it as a mere suggestion. Example of way things were reported on old forums: ingame name and server name, for every issue even if it's an NPC with a missing or broken button that anyone can test.
    As a QA in the gaming industry, it's pretty standard practice to submit bug reports in a ticket-like fashion. It's easier for the QA staff to work with the information they want specifically if the players will follow their format.
    Hardmuscle
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    Posts: 44
    Member
    The reason they want you to put as much info as you can is so that they don't HAVE to go back and see if you're right. These people have jobs which mean they have a lot to do in a single day and don't have the time to go back and double check when you can just be a helpful person and post enough information the first time.
    Hardmuscle
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Posts: 1,704
    Member
    암호
    암호 said:

    Darkpixie99

    Oh, just some volunteers think that every bug post or suggestion has to be written specifically, and no one really cares because the forum isn't designed in a way that would look like an official ticket system. In other words, if that desired form isn't laid out, then you really shouldn't enforce it and only use it as a mere suggestion. Example of way things were reported on old forums: ingame name and server name, for every issue even if it's an NPC with a missing or broken button that anyone can test.
    As a QA in the gaming industry, it's pretty standard practice to submit bug reports in a ticket-like fashion. It's easier for the QA staff to work with the information they want specifically if the players will follow their format.
    If they want us to use that format, then at least put forth the effort to design a ticket system within the forums rather than retaining the free text style forums.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Posts: 1,704
    Member
    Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

    The reason they want you to put as much info as you can is so that they don't HAVE to go back and see if you're right. These people have jobs which mean they have a lot to do in a single day and don't have the time to go back and double check when you can just be a helpful person and post enough information the first time.
    If they don't test it themselves before adding in a fix, they can't confirm that the issue will be fixed with 100% certainty.
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    Posts: 44
    Member
    Darkpixie99

    Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

    The reason they want you to put as much info as you can is so that they don't HAVE to go back and see if you're right. These people have jobs which mean they have a lot to do in a single day and don't have the time to go back and double check when you can just be a helpful person and post enough information the first time.
    If they don't test it themselves before adding in a fix, they can't confirm that the issue will be fixed with 100% certainty.
    That's not true, if you provide enough evidence then they go ahead and send the report to the higher ups to be fixed. I know you're upset about this but a little effort on our part helps the employees a lot more than we'd expect
    [Deleted User]Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,135
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited December 17, 2016
    While I agree with 암호 that it's a pretty standard practice to submit bug reports in a ticket-like fashion, and that it's easier for the QA staff to work with the information when it's reported this way; It makes very little sense (to me) to require a Server Name in a report non-relevant to Servers. Such as reports about bugs in the forum. As the user's Server Name would have literally no value in the report whatsoever.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,190
    Posts: 878
    Member
    Regardless of whether or not we like it, that's the way Nexon staff want it. If it only takes the less than a second to type my server (even if it has nothing to do with the bug being reported) I will gladly take that time to be sure it is forwarded and corrected. All this complaining over adding 1 little detail. I've filled out many government forms for things I needed and they ask for waaaaay more irrelevant info. If I can tolerate that, I can tolerate adding my server to a report.
    HardmuscleKrissmasKororeBuffalos
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 93
    Member
    Hardmuscle

    While I agree with 암호 that it's a pretty standard practice to submit bug reports in a ticket-like fashion, and that it's easier for the QA staff to work with the information when it's reported this way; It makes very little sense (to me) to require a Server Name in a report non-relevant to Servers. Such as reports about bugs in the forum. As the user's Server Name would have literally no value in the report whatsoever.
    Sometimes you have no idea if it is relevant or not though.
    For example the Mission Point event was only bugged on certain channels of Tarlach server the 2nd time around, so when someone posted about the bug not being fixed players from other servers posted about how the event was working fine for them.

    So its always best to post all of the information you can so that others can try reproducing the issue.

    KororeKtty
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,135
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited December 17, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

    Hardmuscle

    While I agree with 암호 that it's a pretty standard practice to submit bug reports in a ticket-like fashion, and that it's easier for the QA staff to work with the information when it's reported this way; It makes very little sense (to me) to require a Server Name in a report non-relevant to Servers. Such as reports about bugs in the forum. As the user's Server Name would have literally no value in the report whatsoever.
    Sometimes you have no idea if it is relevant or not though.
    For example the Mission Point event was only bugged on certain channels of Tarlach server the 2nd time around, so when someone posted about the bug not being fixed players from other servers posted about how the event was working fine for them.

    So its always best to post all of the information you can so that others can try reproducing the issue.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not contesting any of Nexon's policies, in-forum or in-game (like @Ktty said, it's "1 little detail"), but your own example uses Tarlach, which would be relevant to the Servers and should have the Server's Name in a Bug Report. My quip was centered entirely around issues not relevant to the Servers. A hypothetical example would be a report outlining a typo in the name of a 'Forum Sub-Section'. ~ If by some chance a user fails to produce their Server Name in such a report, it should not go in the trash. That's all I'm sayin'.☺
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 282
    Member
    I agree that just because a report doesn't have a server name doesn't mean it should get trashed. However, I can also see why Nexon asked for it and are so strict about it.

    Sometimes a server name isn't relevant to the issue but other times it is. Many reports that get submitted are way too vague and/or are missing information. Nexon can't rely on the playerbase to decide which reports should have server name included and which shouldn't - it would get left out far too often. Some people just aren't thorough enough when writing bug reports. So to avoid this, they made a set of rules with required info for each report including a server name which may or may not be relevant to each specific issue but it acts as a failsafe. This way, every time a server name is actually required to help fix the issue, it should be there.

    If they did not actively enforce the rules including adding a server name, people would get lazy and start leaving things out and bug reports would get even more sloppy overall. By making a consequence that your report gets ignored/trashed if it doesn't follow the rules, it cleans up the reports and saves a lot of work asking for more information/clarification.

    OP's idea about making a kind of ticket-like form for the bugs report forum would make the situation even better though. It could have the potential to avoid incomplete bug reports entirely or at least significantly reduce the number of them being submitted. For example, make "server name" a required field so if it doesn't have any text you can't even submit the report to begin with.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    edited December 18, 2016
    Dude remember when the mission points event was first launched this year? There was a server (Tarlach) specific bug that occurred where players could exploit the event for infinite points. That's why they need to know which server.
    [Deleted User]
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    Posts: 134
    Member
    image
    Gaea said:

    Dude remember when the mission points event was first launched this year? There was a server (Tarlach) specific bug that occurred where players could exploit the event for infinite points. That's why they need to know which server.
    His entire point was that reports where some information is completely and utterly irrelevant shouldn't be needed. Do you need your server to be provided if the forums aren't working for you? If you then do submit a report without your server about a forum issue, should your report automatically go into the trash bin then?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    andrewngn13

    image
    Gaea said:

    Dude remember when the mission points event was first launched this year? There was a server (Tarlach) specific bug that occurred where players could exploit the event for infinite points. That's why they need to know which server.
    His entire point was that reports where some information is completely and utterly irrelevant shouldn't be needed. Do you need your server to be provided if the forums aren't working for you? If you then do submit a report without your server about a forum issue, should your report automatically go into the trash bin then?
    If this B&G section is going to be handled in the same way as the prior forums' B&G was, they aren't going to be wanting forum issues to be directly posted here outside of the "Forum Issues" thread.
    I also don't see reports getting thrown directly into the trash when they are incomplete: they get tagged as such and either the OP eventually completes what's missing, some other person remakes the entire report completely, or after a large period of time of being ignored the thread just sinks to the back of the section.