Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is the [Golden Rat's] red envelope?

sunstreaksunstreak
Mabinogi Rep: 630
in Help
No one knows. I'm gobsmacked that the pet has been released several times; and yet there is NO documentation on it. :P

*and as far as the results from feeding it gold; again, no data, just warnings not to. lol. :p

Comments

• КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    edited April 3, 2020
    Red Envelopes were most likely New Year's event items never implemented as they were in China and Taiwan server. Based off real tradition of gifting and receiving red envelope of money to your parents, friends, etc. during holiday.

Feb 2008 was Year of Rat. There was '08 event dungeon to get golden rat hats or red envelope drops in end chests which probably gave random amount of money.

I think the warnings is just that the reward from feeding them gold is disappointing. They get bigger to explode and yield small amount of gold and ore, far less than what you spent.
    ___
    Image of one event below /My information may be wrong as I don't speak this language. Please feel free to correct me.

JftVEsV.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Can you tell me how did you chance your profile image into that????
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Greta wrote: »
    Can you tell me how did you chance your profile image into that????

Looks like Калашников's avatar is from Hyper Universe.
    I didn't know it was possible to use one of the avatars' from another NX game's forum like that o _o Think they might've taken advantage of a one-time opportunity or a glitch when these forums were still new, especially since Hyper Universe is long gone.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    I used it and it gave me like 1k gold.
    Neopolitan