Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A few homestead QOL improvements

SollSoll
Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
edited July 10, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Have a 'quick' list of recommendations:

- Let us dye more things with paint. Especially if it comes from an event. All parts of it.
- While we are at it, add in more grass types. Ferns, tall grass, etc.
- Mostly for Physis homestead, an ability to add snow on top of a prop already set down for the non-snowy props?
- Lights. Let us change their color too, and their glow color at night.
- Add in more props to be built either with pon or crafted in. The harmonious basic things were kind of a slap in the face. Why not just change the existing buildable props to take less space on the homestead? Upgrade the respective things into their one-square variant with some materials/Kon/build stones or something?
- Some now older HS props like the stone benches, vales torch, and overflowing fountains could be made pon purchases, for a better availability.

- Allow for changing the color of the basic homestead.
Likely in a patch area, not the whole homestead. It's not really efficient to see new props with a grass color and texture being completely different than players's homestead. Changing the basic grass color would also allow for more interesting layouts. Sandy parts? Dark grass? Trodden dirt? Tiles? Whatever the fairy light grass is? (Just grab some Animal Crossing inspiration here, honestly. Homesteads already work in square patches, so you could just let other props be put on top of it)

This could also be something players could actually -spend- Kons (you know, that forgotten value of your homestead that you forget about once you reach level 15) towards that aim. Speaking of...

-Kons as a whole only serve to go towards the homestead level. Being able to actually use it to upgrade things could be a nice addition that still requires players to work for.

Some things beyond mansions and pet houses could also use an 'upgrade' function. Like the basic ponds, to have larger ones. Upgraded fields could hold more than 1 homestead seed at the time. A further step of an upgraded field could actually yield some food, with more homestead seeds to go from? It is kind of niche, but being able to grow things and keep them would actually be better than just all of it going towards kons...

Also... let us use those other rooms for our mansions?
KensamaofmariNegumikoBronzebreakPlatinaKokiSherriMairu

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Just to point out 1 thing: The old trees needed to stay because they provided tool/product bonuses which is why they are 3x3. you can fit 6 tools/products around it to receive the bonus on all of them.
    I agree though, the harmonious trees should be made more readily available via housin' construction. Frankly, if there weren't so many awesome milletians who gave me a bunch of the new trees, I wouldn't have anywhere near as many as I do w/o bein' broke.
    ♥♥♥THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! ♥♥♥

But yeah, there's a lot of things that I would like done for HSes. Like...
    BIGGER HOMESTEADS
    Yes I have all 3 expansions, but with this pet update (and even before) it just ain't big enough.
    I'd also like the ability to change the base grass texture. Even an upgrade to the base grass texture would be great at this point anyway.
    -on the topic of grass... why can't they be 1x1?!?!??!?!
    the whole 3x3 for items like this is really hinderin' my creatvity TT.TT
    And I might as well mention it for the memes, GET RID OF THE WASTELAND. If you take a look at the Outlaw's HS you'll see that the map is roughly (if not the same) size as our HS maps. It's GREEN ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGES.
    (Just go into screenshot mode and use the middle mouse button to explore around).
    -1/8th turns.
    I'd love this as it would increase the possibilities for creativity.

There are so many more things I'd like to see done for HSes but I am unable to list them all (atm ;D) plus icr them all atm lol. So easy solution: Hire me to work exclusively on HS design! ;)
    Though I'd really love to design outfits and pets too!
    KensamaofmariNegumikoBronzebreakSherriAmaraz
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Soll wrote: »

also add in the ability to create white herb patches, antidote herb patches, poison herb patches, and mandrake herb patches for our homesteads. I don't care if we need 60 of one of those types of herbs to create one patch I want to complete my herb garden. we can already harvest mushrooms at our homesteads now so I don't see why it would be a major problem to add the extra herb patches we need. they will still take up space and with a lot of players saying they have full homesteads already it is not like everyone will be able farm enough of these herbs from homesteads to be game breaking.

maybe guild homesteads would help give players a little more space. a guild homestead could be managed by the guild leader and guild officer creating a place where guild members can gather herbs, mushrooms, and anything else they need. this way players can save space on their own homesteads for more props and it may encourage players to join guilds and contribute supplies to their guild homestead for letting them gather supplies there.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I support all of these ideas! Let players customize more things!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 13, 2020
    Now that we have all the cherry blossoms, I would like to have grape vines.
    We already have barrels and grape baskets, grapevines would be nice.
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    removing the HS house rental would be nice too, I mean yeah it was a possibility that we would sell out of our HS, but it isn't here, and new players cannot afford the cost of renting a HS home. I mean just gathering the mats alone is difficult enough, but with the compounded cost of 500k to get into the home you've just built... makes it... well... useless. There isn't any incentive for new players to invest into a home.
    edited July 17, 2020
    GhostUN7 wrote: »
    removing the HS house rental would be nice too, I mean yeah it was a possibility that we would sell out of our HS, but it isn't here, and new players cannot afford the cost of renting a HS home. I mean just gathering the mats alone is difficult enough, but with the compounded cost of 500k to get into the home you've just built... makes it... well... useless. There isn't any incentive for new players to invest into a home.

Of course players shouldn't want to pay to access their homestead homes, but if a paywall is needed, I would suggest instead of renting. to use some sort mortgage payment paid off using kon that is produced from the homestead (this way fields, seeds and other products are more utilized in the homestead). The value of kon payment depends on level and value of the homestead. (Optional, if players want to pay gold, leave that option in). And of course, players with premium service would continue to get free access.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Of course players shouldn't want to pay to access their homestead homes, but if a paywall is needed, I would suggest instead of renting. to use some sort mortgage payment paid off using kon that is produced from the homestead (this way fields, seeds and other products are more utilized in the homestead). The value of kon payment depends on level and value of the homestead. (Optional, if players want to pay gold, leave that option in). And of course, players with premium service would continue to get free access.

I like that idea but although technically, with bandit homestead raiding, there is no limit to how much kon you can earn per day, . . . well . . there's only so much kon you can earn per day.
    Helsa wrote: »

I like that idea but although technically, with bandit homestead raiding, there is no limit to how much kon you can earn per day, . . . well . . there's only so much kon you can earn per day.

How much bandit hunting can be done if the outlaw board has no outlaws?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Soll wrote: »
    Have a 'quick' list of recommendations:
    - Let us dye more things with paint. Especially if it comes from an event. All parts of it.
    could potentially require material slots on the meshes to be split up; would be time intensive, especially across however many we have. Not to mention then determining what palette each should use/allow (unless it just acts as a flat colour multiplier to every part, which I doubt they'd do; you'd want certain textures for stuff like wood.
    requires meshing
    - Lights. Let us change their color too, and their glow color at night.
    ye, though once again they'd need to parameterize each object's light (like the material slots), which may take a lot of time if they weren't forward-thinking and have already done it.

- Mostly for Physis homestead, an ability to add snow on top of a prop already set down for the non-snowy props?
    would at the very least, require some sort of item deformation (like a fabric draped on top of items), and idk if they can simulate that. If they can't, it requires remeshing.

- Add in more props to be built either with pon or crafted in. The harmonious basic things were kind of a slap in the face. Why not just change the existing buildable props to take less space on the homestead? Upgrade the respective things into their one-square variant with some materials/Kon/build stones or something?
    Don't understand this, as I haven't played for consistently for a few years
    - Some now older HS props like the stone benches, vales torch, and overflowing fountains could be made pon purchases, for a better availability.
    ye

- Allow for changing the color of the basic homestead.
    Likely in a patch area, not the whole homestead. It's not really efficient to see new props with a grass color and texture being completely different than players's homestead. Changing the basic grass color would also allow for more interesting layouts. Sandy parts? Dark grass? Trodden dirt? Tiles? Whatever the fairy light grass is? (Just grab some Animal Crossing inspiration here, honestly. Homesteads already work in square patches, so you could just let other props be put on top of it)
    once again requires parameterization

This could also be something players could actually -spend- Kons (you know, that forgotten value of your homestead that you forget about once you reach level 15) towards that aim. Speaking of...

-Kons as a whole only serve to go towards the homestead level. Being able to actually use it to upgrade things could be a nice addition that still requires players to work for.
    ye
    Some things beyond mansions and pet houses could also use an 'upgrade' function. Like the basic ponds, to have larger ones. Upgraded fields could hold more than 1 homestead seed at the time. A further step of an upgraded field could actually yield some food, with more homestead seeds to go from? It is kind of niche, but being able to grow things and keep them would actually be better than just all of it going towards kons...
    ye
    Also... let us use those other rooms for our mansions?

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I thought the use of the other mansion rooms was supposed to come from a future update....
    That we either skipped, or hasn't even happened for Korea yet.
    Bronzebreak
    I thought the use of the other mansion rooms was supposed to come from a future update....
    That we either skipped, or hasn't even happened for Korea yet.

There needs to be more utility of the mansion other than decoration and work benches.
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595

Im not against nor for this, but if you spent the time, resources, and credits to build the home, it should be yours by all rights, the property should be charged, not the house. Thats how real estate works, you can buy land, rent land, but if you put a building on it, you own that build if you paid for it out of pocket. That is essentially what we did as players who had to get the building stones, wood and other mats including gold or homestead stones to make our own homes.

Now there is hardly any services being provided in these homes, and to get them to worth the value you are paying or in the homestead... is basically end game material. So What bothers me is, why didn't they just charge for the services that we have in the homestead, and if we don't pay for said services, then they are not available to use, instead they have the whole house behind a pay wall so people would use the housing district more.
    KensamaofmariRenegadeImmortal
  • RenegadeImmortalRenegadeImmortal
    Mabinogi Rep: 105

Im not against nor for this, but if you spent the time, resources, and credits to build the home, it should be yours by all rights, the property should be charged, not the house. Thats how real estate works, you can buy land, rent land, but if you put a building on it, you own that build if you paid for it out of pocket. That is essentially what we did as players who had to get the building stones, wood and other mats including gold or homestead stones to make our own homes.

Now there is hardly any services being provided in these homes, and to get them to worth the value you are paying or in the homestead... is basically end game material. So What bothers me is, why didn't they just charge for the services that we have in the homestead, and if we don't pay for said services, then they are not available to use, instead they have the whole house behind a pay wall so people would use the housing district more.

At very least, the 500k gold should be a one time thing, not recurring. Or if it is a monthly charge, make it something reasonable like 50k gold.
    Kensamaofmari

At very least, the 500k gold should be a one time thing, not recurring. Or if it is a monthly charge, make it something reasonable like 50k gold.

Or at least give us stuff worth that 500k a month. There should be more content put into the house.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    honestly, looking at the current state of hs homes.. its definitely not worth paying 500k a month unless you really have the gold to burn
    i paid for it like once and decided it wasnt worth my time or gold, which is a shame because it obviously has lots of potential
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Sherri wrote: »
    honestly, looking at the current state of hs homes.. its definitely not worth paying 500k a month unless you really have the gold to burn
    i paid for it like once and decided it wasnt worth my time or gold, which is a shame because it obviously has lots of potential

it is only 500k the first time but you extend the lease up to 7 days before the lease expires for 200k and if you miss that window of time to extend it then it goes back to 500k again. but I agree even at 200k the price is a little high, it would be nice if there were more ways to get access to your homestead house without paying gold. Residential Areas have become abandoned since guilds no longer own the castles, we have the auction house, and homestead housing. maybe add a quest option where you can go to a castle dungeon and gather certain materials from them to give to a certain npc in a Residential Area in exchange for a coupon that can extend your lease by 30 days. this way we can bring some life back into Residential Areas and players will have the option of paying gold or farm a dungeon.

homestead housing definitely needs a lot more work and more features added to it cause it is simply not worth the gold or effort as it is right now. I would love to see this feature improve more and make the inside of homestead houses more customizable. might even be a good idea for a new life talent where we get skills that can change the layout of the inside of the house, a skill that can convert some homestead props into homestead housing props, a skill that can revert a homestead housing prop back into a homestead prop, and a skill to craft furniture and other items for your house. possibly a skill that would let you rent a room in your homestead house to another player if homestead house evolve and can become much bigger in the future. there is already a feature like that in the Final Fantasy 14 mmo where home owners can allow other players to stay in a room and make changes to certain areas if they are given permission (I hear a lot about FF14 cause my brother is a huge fan and never shuts up about it). something similar in mabi would be kind of cool to see so players could save gold by splitting the cost of the lease.
    Sherri wrote: »

It's not even worth the VIP free to use service at this point, much less the current lease fees
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Do the present mansion installations and upgrades do anything for you after you have maxed out all your yellow skills?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Do the present mansion installations and upgrades do anything for you after you have maxed out all your yellow skills?

The large mansions allow for more rooms inside, which allow for more Brownie work benches. Those allow you to apply a skill training buff if you get enough points.
    Amaraz wrote: »

The large mansions allow for more rooms inside, which allow for more Brownie work benches. Those allow you to apply a skill training buff if you get enough points.

They haven't opened access to the additional rooms though.
    And I don't think there are any further bonuses once you've maxed out training that skill.