Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

How «Developers» manage to «Cheat» at the Game...!

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
edited March 25, 2021 in General Chat
Originally... I was just going to make a thread-title : «Weapon & Wand-Proffing Need to be Scrapped !»

Like, seriously, needing to spend time casting & casting & casting at a mana-tunnel to prof wands is out-dated & obsolete.

Not only that, did you know, the «developers» have actually be cheating, such to the point where it actually now takes like three times longer than it used to in order to fully prof a weapon/wand...? Who the hell wants to spend all of their time mindlessly wand-prof-ing all day for a few hours just to bring it to max-proficiency when, historically, with max age (and, perhaps, even with proficiency potions), the same max-prof could have been done in less than an hour, leaving more «time» for running actual content.

Sure, the company has all sorts of myraids of things in their ToS/EULA/etc., that define «unfair» and «cheating» and «against policy» BUT, what if the game-developers themselves engage in what, perhaps, someone like myself might deem and consider to be cheating ? I have literally quit playing altogether, historically, over the time-consuming «wand/weapon-prof» issue more than once, particularly when I noticed that I had to spend FIVE TIMES LONGER than before to achieve max-prof (even at max-prof Age). I could say a LOT MORE about this topic but going to end at this following phrase for now : DOWN WITH DEVELOPER-CHEATING!!! INCREASING ANNOYING ANTI-FUN TIME-SINKS THAT WERE IMPLEMENTED BY THE «CHEATING» DEVELOPERS IS WORSE THAN DEALING WITH DEFCON-LEVEL GAME-HACKERS!!!

Do we want «happy customers» or are we trying to foster «unhappy» players/customers ?
Nobody can escape the i]negative[/i «Karma» that is involved in being unfair/one-sided/authoritarian/punitive/etc.
Perhaps you would like to get rid of that «prof-ing» mechanic once and for all and replace it with something that is actually FUN ? Perhaps implement a way where you can just «hire» some NPC to do the weapon/wand-proficiency for you ? Food (mental) for thought...

Comments

• Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited March 25, 2021
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Originally... I was just going to make a thread-title : «Weapon & Wand-Proffing Need to be Scrapped !»

Like, seriously, needing to spend time casting & casting & casting at a mana-tunnel to prof wands is out-dated & obsolete.

You're right; that's why you instead start a Girgashiy (Easy) Crusader mission, use a windmill-spam AI with a compatible pet, use Divine Link with it, sit your pet somewhere it can't be knocked away, move behind the Girgashiy, and thwack it over and over with auto-attack -- return every 5-6 minutes to relink the pet and reposition.

Thank me never.
    Bronzebreak
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    "A Guide to Reading Habimaru's posts" post, might be of use. For example how is text highlighted: «like this» or,
    like this or, like this or, LIKE THIS or, (like this) or, "like this" to be differentiated. It seems these highlighting methods are applied all willy-nilly. Maybe that is the case? Is it meant to be comedy, like "oh wow this is so random; hilarious!"; is it that? I'm asking because it's been like years and years and years now and it's still the same joke. Or maybe this is performance art? Is that it? If it is, it seems to get modest results once in a while, but after so many years it's just a one-trick pony thing. If it's none of that then what is the reasoning for using one highlighting method over the other? If explained, then these posts might get more engagement than they otherwise do.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    Helsa wrote: »
    "A Guide to Reading Habimaru's posts" post, might be of use. For example how is text highlighted: «like this» or,
    like this or, like this or, LIKE THIS or, (like this) or, "like this" to be differentiated. It seems these highlighting methods are applied all willy-nilly. Maybe that is the case? Is it meant to be comedy, like "oh wow this is so random; hilarious!"; is it that? I'm asking because it's been like years and years and years now and it's still the same joke. Or maybe this is performance art? Is that it? If it is, it seems to get modest results once in a while, but after so many years it's just a one-trick pony thing. If it's none of that then what is the reasoning for using one highlighting method over the other? If explained, then these posts might get more engagement than they otherwise do.

I actually just got through explaining Habimaru's posting habits to someone else.

You basically just learn where he places the critical points, because the rest of the post is probably repeating it a good two-three times in different ways. Said critical points tend to be locating at the start of the post or paragraph, so you can probably assume that's all you need to read to understand what he's saying.
  • RadialexposeRadialexpose
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Habimaru wrote: »

Not only that, did you know, the «developers» have actually be cheating, such to the point where it actually now takes like three times longer than it used to in order to fully prof a weapon/wand...? Who the hell wants to spend all of their time mindlessly wand-prof-ing all day for a few hours just to bring it to max-proficiency when, historically, with max age (and, perhaps, even with proficiency potions), the same max-prof could have been done in less than an hour, leaving more «time» for running actual content.

Sure, the company has all sorts of myraids of things in their ToS/EULA/etc., that define «unfair» and «cheating» and «against policy» BUT, what if the game-developers themselves engage in what, perhaps, someone like myself might deem and consider to be cheating ? I have literally quit playing altogether, historically, over the time-consuming «wand/weapon-prof» issue more than once, particularly when I noticed that I had to spend FIVE TIMES LONGER than before to achieve max-prof (even at max-prof Age). I could say a LOT MORE about this topic but going to end at this following phrase for now : DOWN WITH DEVELOPER-CHEATING!!! INCREASING ANNOYING ANTI-FUN TIME-SINKS THAT WERE IMPLEMENTED BY THE «CHEATING» DEVELOPERS IS WORSE THAN DEALING WITH DEFCON-LEVEL GAME-HACKERS!!!

Do we want «happy customers» or are we trying to foster «unhappy» players/customers ?
    Nobody can escape the i]negative[/i «Karma» that is involved in being unfair/one-sided/authoritarian/punitive/etc.
    Perhaps you would like to get rid of that «prof-ing» mechanic once and for all and replace it with something that is actually FUN ? Perhaps implement a way where you can just «hire» some NPC to do the weapon/wand-proficiency for you ? Food (mental) for thought...

I mean, there's rusty hammers of proficiency so that's effectively the "hire some NPC" suggestion
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Thread closed due to FUD.
This discussion has been closed.