Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Alexina/Nao Merge Poll!

JianFeiJianFei
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in General Chat
Haven't seen a discussion about a merge in a month so, let's do a poll!

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Adding a poll would help.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 20, 2022
    Since it appears, by your post count, that this is your very first post ever on the forums, you'll need to edit the first post, of this thread, to add such a poll. Unfortunately, participation on the forums, at the moment, is at quite a low. So, you will likely get few respondents. Will you include a third choice of going back to the original four servers?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    as long as Nao doesnt have forced name changes..
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sherri wrote: »

Hopefully, it won't come to that. Nexon was made aware of the problem by the merge. Nexon can see for themselves that isolating Alexina was a mistake. It's been 2.5 years since the merge. Even if Nexon had put one guy on it, since then, then by now they could have solved it.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited February 2, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

Hopefully, it won't come to that. Nexon was made aware of the problem by the merge. Nexon can see for themselves that isolating Alexina was a mistake. It's been 2.5 years since the merge. Even if Nexon had put one guy on it, since then, then by now they could have solved it.

You would hope. I paid for a name change on Alexina (which devolved into a whole thing I posted about at the time) and was the first person to get said name. I have learned that there's potentially someone on Nao with the same name as well. Interested to see how they handle a paid name from Alexina v. a free rename on Nao, if they're even someone who had to get the name change. Could be a new player.

Though I did notice a lot of unique names that my friends have are also taken on Nao, and not by them. Makes me wonder if they've done that as future proofing so we don't lose our names. That or someone has a personal vendetta across multiple friend groups of mine.

Also can't believe it's been almost 3 years... honestly only feels like one.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 2, 2022
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

You would hope. I paid for a name change on Alexina (which devolved into a whole thing I posted about at the time) and was the first person to get said name. I have learned that there's potentially someone on Nao with the same name as well. Interested to see how they handle a paid name from Alexina v. a free rename on Nao, if they're even someone who had to get the name change. Could be a new player.

Though I did notice a lot of unique names that my friends have are also taken on Nao, and not by them. Makes me wonder if they've done that as future proofing so we don't lose our names. That or someone has a personal vendetta across multiple friend groups of mine.

Also can't believe it's been almost 3 years... honestly only feels like one.

Mhm, I pointed out that exact problem a few years back. What it means is you can't just assume Naowegians or Alexinans would automatically get a pass. The thing is, using the suggested solution when, priced correctly, would make a nice additional revenue stream for Nexon, along with making another merge smooth.

But, assuming Nexon will muff things, as they are wont, and an additional merge would be conducted in the same old way, then Nexon would just be a bull in a China shop, since they're the bull and they own the China shop. One reason is that before the merge people had payed for character cards and made characters with them. Therefore, those character names are already paid-for names. In other words, they've already stepped on peoples toes, in that regard.

Since the constituent servers, that made Nao, had to wait through a decade of calls for a merge, before it ever happened, we know that Nexon will not act unless they must. This means that Nexon has had almost three years to identify and solve the problem, but will they leave their homework for the last minute? Since, right after the merge, Nexon turned off all public server traffic telemetry, we don't have precise data to see what the situation is; only anecdotal evidence. Funny, that they felt the need to be opaque, dontcha think?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    So where's the poll?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    So where's the poll?

Warsaw?
This discussion has been closed.