Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Black Echostone elemental awakening

NizutoNizuto
Mabinogi Rep: 835
in Help
I managed to roll a black echostone with Ice level 1 but I'm a bit confused regarding this type of bonus and how useful it really is. On the wiki's Echostone page it says "Increases Ice Elemental Level" with the description "? oncoming Ice elemental damage reduction". On the wiki's Elements page there's a tiny section mentioning that a bonus like this is "like regular Elementals, they provide defensive and offensive capabilities". I have a few questions:

1. Does it affect damage of anything that's not magic or alchemy? If it does, since it increases by 1 level it should be a 11.11% increase, right?
2. Does it provide resistance to the element mentioned and increase damage received from elements that oppose it? So in this case, do I take less damage from ice attacks (like Ice Spear) and take more damage from fire attacks (like Fireball)?
3. Does it have any tangible use in late game content? I heard that mobs and bosses in that category are immune to elemental bonuses and their non-magic attacks are neutral, removing most of the element system that old content uses.

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,220
    The wiki's wording seems bad. I'm sure it's referring to the elemental damage reforge which is just a damage boost. It should affect any non-magic physical damage. The hardest content that's affected by elemental reforges would be Advanced Hard Mode dungeons. I'm not really sure if they work in Abyss dungeons but they definitely don't work in Veteran, Lords, Finnachaid, or Phantasm. It could be useful bonus damage if you're spamming AHM dungeons for destructive robe materials.
    Nizuto