Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does Druantia reside in Fiohd dungeon?

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited February 15, 2017 in General Chat
I've been thinking about this for a really long time, since I'm a big fan of the nature goddess thing.

In Celtic Lore, the Nature Goddess Druantia is known as the goddess of fertility, evergreen trees, wild-life, and queen of druids and fairies. The imps in Mabinogi originate from Fiohd Dungeon, and refer to their leader as "Mom". They don't have any real place in the fomorian hierarchy, other than to be grunts, but are intuitive with the world around them. They also at one point lived in peace with the first humans to arrive in Uladh before the first war according to Lugh who protected the great tree that resided in Fiodh.

Are Lugh and Druantia siblings, and is Druantia some Jovial chill goddess that teaches Imps to be l33t-speaking turds?

Comments

• AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Not sure, but that Druantia sounds like a great potential boss for Fiodh Phantasm, if the developers make such a dungeon.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited February 15, 2017
    That reminds me of this boss from Mabinogi Heroes...Regina! Yes.

regina-pose.jpg

There's our Druantia.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    I would love to see the Imp Queen of Fiodh Forest appear.
    Its one of those lingering bits of lore that most people don't even know exists.

Would be grand if we had more dungeons similar to Phantasm to run for more the same materials. So we can take a break from Rabbie and attempt a different kind of Phantasm level dungeon.
    They could even use the Sarracenias as wraiths.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Is Druantia separate from Danu?

I mean the description for Homestead Stones, says that they contain the power of "Danu, the goddess of earth."
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Danu is the mother of the irish gods and fairies. Druantia is goddess of the trees and plants, she would be one of the many fertility gods.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited February 16, 2017
    She also rules over the Dryads as the Queen of Druids, which may or may not include imps and floral fairies.
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Gaea wrote: »
    That reminds me of this boss from Mabinogi Heroes...Regina! Yes.

There's our Druantia.

I completely forgot about her.
    Stolias wrote: »
    Would be grand if we had more dungeons similar to Phantasm to run for more the same materials. So we can take a break from Rabbie and attempt a different kind of Phantasm level dungeon.
    They could even use the Sarracenias as wraiths.

They should definitely add in a Fiodh Phantasm, but make it different so that it's slightly easier/harder according to the new dungeon difficulty rankings (Easiest to hardest in this order: Alby -> Ciar -> Math -> Rabbie -> Barri -> Coill -> Fiodh -> Rundal -> Peaca). The harder the Phantasm dungeon, the more/better rewards you get.

This would also get developers to release new talents or skills since Peaca Phantasm would obviously be much harder than Rabbie Phantasm.