Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Graphics Option: Remove Sun Glare

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
edited August 12, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
We need this. End the struggle Nexon. :neutral:

Who else here doesn't like that sun glare?
Atheist42Gschoener1
  1. Would you like the option to remove sun glare in-game? (This feature would be available in Options).7 votes
    1. YES
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited August 13, 2023
    Yeah, definitely. It's annoying and the "realism" it adds seems kinda ironic since Mabinogi is a second person perspective game. The camera is far above the character, so why is the "audience" subjected to the annoying glare.
    Atheist42
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah we uh definitely need this implemented soon. Thanks.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited December 21, 2023
    Never noticed an issue with it, but if it'd be an option and it bothers some people, it sounds good to me.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 21, 2023
    Yeah I think it's time we implement features that cause people to mod in the first place that are harmless. Things like no sunglare, combat power (for funsies), modify or increase camera zoom, change day time, and other harmless mods that don't impact play or cause unfair advantages.

Yeah and yes I am talking about this openly because apparently they know or whatever. Please implement these features Nexon? Sunglare sucks. Nightime also sucks, you can't see anything. It forces you have to go inside a building for accurate lighting when you are dying your stuff. The camera zoom needs work, it doesn't allow you to completely zoom in as much as you want on your character when looking at facial details. Most of these features that mods provide aid in producing awesome screenshots that we share with others. Those screenshots provide exposure for this game online to other potential players.

It would be most appreciated. Please and thank you most sincerely.

Also a lot of people are concerned about gshade and exitlag being flagged. A lot of players on the east coast use exitlag to make the game playable.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    New engine might fix it. Here's hoping.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Amaraz wrote: »

New engine is YEARS away. I want something to prevent blindness now. Thanks.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Crimsọn wrote: »

New engine is YEARS away. I want something to prevent blindness now. Thanks.

Fair lol
    Crimsọn
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Mmmh having an option like changing day time is a pretty big thing though. I mean, the natural alteration between day and night has been around for a long time in mabi if not since the beginning (I wouldn't know). And if individual players could change it, that means everyone would no longer be in sync with the time, and idk how that'd even work. But also it adds a nice charm, more importantly, to be on the same time. And it does effect the play a bit with Rua's bar.

If its something to fix the trying to dye with bad lightning problem, people have already discussed the idea of dressing room having light, or something. Or maybe giving us a dressing room closet in our homestead that's different from houses...or just getting rid of leases on houses.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Niought wrote: »
    Mmmh having an option like changing day time is a pretty big thing though. I mean, the natural alteration between day and night has been around for a long time in mabi if not since the beginning (I wouldn't know). And if individual players could change it, that means everyone would no longer be in sync with the time, and idk how that'd even work. But also it adds a nice charm, more importantly, to be on the same time. And it does effect the play a bit with Rua's bar.

Not really imo, that's what clocks are for.
    Niought wrote: »
    If its something to fix the trying to dye with bad lightning problem, people have already discussed the idea of dressing room having light, or something. Or maybe giving us a dressing room closet in our homestead that's different from houses...or just getting rid of leases on houses.

Yes get rid of leases on houses and make VIP even more pointless. I swear I don't even know why I bought a year again even at half price.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    edited December 26, 2023
    My favorite is standing in Dunbarton trying to take a screenshot, and certain angles at sunset or sunrise just flash bang my eyes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 27, 2023
    My favorite is standing in Dunbarton trying to take a screenshot, and certain angles at sunset or sunrise just flash bang my eyes.

giphy.gif

I admit, it's probably our fault for not pushing for these features to be added. We need to give Nexon a little more credit and let them know about features we would like to have added into Mabinogi. Things like this would be considered reasonable QoL updates for players. Instead people just took it upon themselves to fix these things. With the security updates coming in January I think it's time going forward to work with Nexon more to get the features we want implemented, as long as they don't cause unfair/unbalanced changes in-game.
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz

giphy.gif

I admit, it's probably our fault for not pushing for these features to be added. We need to give Nexon a little more credit and let them know about features we would like to have added into Mabinogi. Things like this would be considered reasonable QoL updates for players. Instead people just took it upon themselves to fix these things. With the security updates coming in January I think it's time going forward to work with Nexon more to get the features we want implemented, as long as they don't cause unfair/unbalanced changes in-game.

Agreed. They wont know what to fix if they are not told. And they have been doing a good job adding more QoL in the past year.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

giphy.gif

Agreed. They wont know what to fix if they are not told. And they have been doing a good job adding more QoL in the past year.

Yep, so Nexon yeah WE HATE SUN GLARE. Officially. Thanks.
    Amaraz
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    HUGE +1.
    image.png?ex=65a38724&is=65911224&hm=fbb277524a7664036a8ad821055f1ca6bc178847040f7885bd8cdcfb7e35d415&
    Ignore the still-loading icons for things, but this is simultaneously a screenshot killer, an eyesight harmer, and an accessibility nightmare. I won't ever really understand why this has remained over all these years... I'm sure there's no shortage of other people wishing it could be removed.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Keichiro wrote: »
    HUGE +1.
    image.png?ex=65a38724&is=65911224&hm=fbb277524a7664036a8ad821055f1ca6bc178847040f7885bd8cdcfb7e35d415&
    Ignore the still-loading icons for things, but this is simultaneously a screenshot killer, an eyesight harmer, and an accessibility nightmare. I won't ever really understand why this has remained over all these years... I'm sure there's no shortage of other people wishing it could be removed.

It CAN be removed, mods have proven that. We just gotta get Nexon to implement that as a feature in options.
    Amaraz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 18
    I'm going to keep bumping this until it has been implemented. :|