Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best laptop for Mabinogi

LovePandaLovePanda
Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
in Technical Support
My friend is going to get a laptop, I asked if he'd play mabi so he wants to know the specs and best one to get Or one that is decent. Idk specs and all that I told him what kind I use and informed that I get a bit laggy so I said I'd ask here, Any advice or info would help Ty :)

Comments

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    edited February 17, 2017
    Any laptop would work, the engine is so old that my windows 8.1 laptop no bigger than a Ipad can run it.
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    Oh okay, Thanks.
  • NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    as long as hes got a dual core processor or higher, and he doesn't buy something HORRIBLY dated, he can play. anything modern will work, essentially.
  • CquilesCquiles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    -2 cores preferred, mabi runs on 1 core. quad cores will struggle with mabi
    -a cpu that can clock up to 3GHz, mabi can normally run at 3GHz but a compter with a base of 2.5GHz that can turbo up to 3 is also ok (probably not good for the cpu in the long run)
    -a laptop with its own card dedicated to graphics, not really important imo. an integrated graphics card will do fine too.
    -the laptop has to have a good cooling fan since mabis lack of optimization(?) will run the laptop very hot. if u get a computer and it runs too hot with mabi (like nearing 100C) try running it in powersaver mode.
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Desktop.
  • PersicaPersica
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I got it running on my friend's mac but the controls are awful and there's no sound. Wish I could fix it.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    tbh, none of laptops are great for this game.
    Just make sure get a decent laptop cooler pad.
  • TamisraTamisra
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Any modern laptop should run this game with no issue whatsoever. It is not at all intensive.
  • CquilesCquiles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    also adding on to my prev. comment above, mabi cant run on macs (without a bootcamp?), and windows 7 seems to run mabi the best imo, windows 10 can causes glitches. vista is just bad bad bad dont ever get a pc with vista on it for like anything.

with these specs in mind theres a lot of cheap laptops that can have all of that and be under 300$ (like a x220 thinkpad with a dual core processor, but the fan is not as good so youd have to be careful with cooling, they mostly use the sandy bridge chips now? the i5 ones are good for performance but get really hot in small laptops)