Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I really hate durability loss :c 2 failed repairs

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Too bad.
    Expense > income thesedays

And sounds like these methods only work when you are new player or intermediate player. Money making with holy water? oh Please. D:

And not that many people have much time to grind something without going work or any business schedule.

and thats where the cash shop comes in

use money grinded in real life to pay for things in fantasy life assuming you can spare $15-$20 a month

and holywater does add up

wont be making millions but every 3 stacks is almost 100k
    So pay to win, a great method ;)
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    ShouK wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Too bad.
    Expense > income thesedays

And sounds like these methods only work when you are new player or intermediate player. Money making with holy water? oh Please. D:

And not that many people have much time to grind something without going work or any business schedule.

and thats where the cash shop comes in

use money grinded in real life to pay for things in fantasy life assuming you can spare $15-$20 a month

and holywater does add up

wont be making millions but every 3 stacks is almost 100k
    So pay to win, a great method ;)

Games always been pay 2 win

And there's tons of methods to make gold with out it even if it is slower
    SylviaWolfe
  • xninjabluexxninjabluex
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Might I make a suggestion?
    Requirements:-
    - 3k Gold
    - x2 Holywater
    - A good amount of STR
    - At least r5+ Bash (although r1 is preferred)
    - Excellent BFO Buff and/or Dragon Bone Debuff, be it from you or another party member (Not required, but helps speed the process)

When your gear's close to breaking and needs that expensive hammering, you need only to visit a local blacksmith. The above probably only applies to a handful of humans sadly but I won't drop the curtain just yet. I find myself reluctant to repair my CRK's until I have an indefinite sum of gold to afford the process, so I devised this cheap little method a few minutes before the Shadow Wiz HM run. Jumping ahead, i went on to test in a solo room and found that I was still able to deal 1.6k's bash's without crits. This damage output is efficient enough for the run, without hindering the party. It might be slower, but the repair cost balances out the favor. If that's still not enough, the repair rate at Ferghus is somewhere around 26g if you feel hesitant to constantly reuse holy water.

Repeating my earlier response, this method isn't for everyone, but it's an applicable method all the same.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 21, 2017
    honestly I don't mind fails on anything except items that can't be plat hammered. Do you really need more than 20 dura on an item anyways? xD and they give out plat hammers kinda often. I spammed half a bank tab full from the last meowbingoi catchapon. So basically I just want 100% repair for my wavesweeper :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 21, 2017
    AstralBlue wrote: »
    I think but don't quote me on this, KR had an update a few days ago where they introduced 100% repair rates permanently.

There was also something about a "Restoration Altar" which is a portable altar that repairs most weapons (if not all). You can use it in dungeons if your weapons break or if the weapon durability is low. Party members are also allowed to use it. Not sure if it's a NX item though.

We need confirmation, NAO. @Dareus @Sabina -faints-

83d637d66620727689fb6c9e42755f8eaaca9971_hq.gif
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I think but don't quote me on this, KR had an update a few days ago where they introduced 100% repair rates permanently.

About dang time they thought of that idea. Shoulda been implemented 8 years ago. :U (Also I broke your rules. I quoted you on this. >w>)
    I thought KR had 100% on Simon and Edern all this time for the last 8 years and that NA was pretty much the only region that didn't have it. bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862489

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 21, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

About dang time they thought of that idea. Shoulda been implemented 8 years ago. :U (Also I broke your rules. I quoted you on this. >w>)
    I thought KR had 100% on Simon and Edern all this time for the last 8 years and that NA was pretty much the only region that didn't have it. bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862489

We are not other regions
    -Aquasol

I will never forget.

djNCRsJ.gif

Unfortunately after so many years I did forget what it was in reference to over in Vindictus, and with the old forums gone there is no retrieving that memory. I think it was about an item that wasn't released the same was it was in KR, perhaps something about the SAO event (which mind you was a huge hot mess that caused a lot of drama).

Point being is, NA is as NA does. All we can do is continue to hope that eventually it gets released or amended. The staff has been pretty good about listening to us over the last couple of years. Perhaps it is something that we just need to bring to their attention...again.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Arjune wrote: »
    honestly I don't mind fails on anything except items that can't be plat hammered. Do you really need more than 20 dura on an item anyways? xD and they give out plat hammers kinda often. I spammed half a bank tab full from the last meowbingoi catchapon. So basically I just want 100% repair for my wavesweeper :/

my staff that keeps breaking is supposed to have at least 30+ durra

advanced spells degrade stuff by 1 points of durra every 3 cast by looks of it faster when meditation is in use at same time so even if it only had 20 durra it wouldnt last very long
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 21, 2017

my staff that keeps breaking is supposed to have at least 30+ durra

advanced spells degrade stuff by 1 points of durra every 3 cast by looks of it faster when meditation is in use at same time so even if it only had 20 durra it wouldnt last very long

I would recommend ranking enduring melody and having high mp instead. Meditation is ok to use if you are resting somewhere (yes even with spellwalk) because it sucks up stamina. Plus it doesn't really do anyone good to be a pure mage. You have to pair it with another talent to make it effective.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I always get a kick out of people complaining that everything ingame (not including gacha stuff which is understandable as that required money to obtain in the first place and so is scaled to gold-to-cash value and rarity) is so expensive and then when someone offers a solution they're like "Oh but that won't work because it takes too long/too much effort/too boring/too grindy". That's the point. People get used to things being remarkably fast and easy. The expense of repairs could be an excellent method of slowing down gameplay and making people use other skills/methods to obtain gold. Pay 2 progress faster is understandable as it's business. They also give us loads of 100% repair events which can offset some costs. I think forced dura loss is stupid so would be all for an expensive guaranteed option, but I don't think expense is an issue. I've spent a few years filling exploration journals for gold and other tedious stuff but then again I do enjoy a grind.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Do you really need more than 20 dura on an item anyways? xD

Wands.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited February 21, 2017
    Losing 1 or 2 points of durability from repairs every so often is not too bad. It's when you lose 6 at once from a failed enchant that's incredibly painful.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Don't repair at Edern, he is Ferghus in disguise. Took me a while to figure that out.