Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

March Update!

KororeKorore
Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
edited March 9, 2017 in General Chat
It looks so cool, I am so hyped! :D

New skills and buffs for all races, awesome!

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J3W

I wonder what color variations of wings will be in the orb..
BlissfulkillMeySherri

Comments

• nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'm pretty hyped about this as well. my wallet and time table on the other hand are not xD
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    A GM event? Not what I wanted, but at least you guys are trying. I appreciate it.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    So much yessss pleaaaasee!!

Aahhhhhhh!!!!!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ooh, this update!

Is this separate from that...
    What do we call it here currently, "Potential" update?
    The one with the Palala skill.

Well, I'm looking forward to this coming.
    Gonna be getting the Eweca and Ladeca skills.
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    So happy that i'm actively playing mabi at this time because the 9th anniversary. I never had a chance to be on during it "birthday". So I'm glad for that and the new updates and skills. Can't wait!
    SylviaWolfeAlexisEUPeloi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    A GM event? Not what I wanted, but at least you guys are trying. I appreciate it.

I wonder if we'll be getting an in-game event too for the anniversary or just the giveaway and GM events. (I'm appreciative of it as well either way though.)
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Ooh, this update!

I dunno what those are, so I'm curious to see what exactly changes. Can't wait.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Here is what I am hoping for this update.

Uncap these skills.
    Mana Shield
    Cooking
    Rest
    Meditation
    Evasion
    Campfire
    First Aid

You can't cap these skills forever.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mizuko wrote: »
    Here is what I am hoping for this update.

Uncap these skills.
    Mana Shield
    Cooking
    Rest
    Meditation
    Evasion
    Campfire
    First Aid

You can't cap these skills forever.

Not coming this update...
    Every version of Mabi still has those capped. :(

Though I sure am in the same boat of wanting them to be completely uncapped after so long.
  • scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Ooh, this update!

I'd like to see this one as well, as the higher "potential" level you have, the more assignable stats you can use. Being an elf id like this.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Oh, I forgot to mention, OP should feel bad for not naming this thread some variation of "What Does This Mean?". That was a good opportunity you passed up.
    IyasenuSylviaWolfe
  • TamsyTamsy
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Anyone have a link to the KR site/wiki going into detail about this? They're being kinda secretive about this, and it's got my attention.
  • DaizukunDaizukun
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    edited March 9, 2017
    New Racial Skills

Mabinogi's next update brings forth new skills for Milletians to master, with each race gaining a brand new active ability and a passive ability for all. Humans will gain a boost in speed, Elves lock in for a volley of rapid attacks and Giants boost their already brutal strength to land heavier blows, combined with a passive boost to your stats for all races, increasing with your level.

We're also making a much-needed change to the experience curve: EXP needed to level up at levels past 100 has been slashed, making it far faster to reach higher levels and grow your characters without heavily griding.

Comment on this:

Will slashing the grinding exp needed for leveling after lvl 100 affect the outcome of player activity? In other words are people less like to be active due to have leveled up to the base level they wish to have before rebirth. Making servers more inactive as they already are. To me, I find that I play the game more if I have to grind for levels. Before it was about how dungeons were not giving that much exp, and now that SMs exist we can grind and gain extra exp based on rewards. So yes I expect a low active rate if the slashing of exp requirements are cut harshly.

Mabinogi's 9th Anniversary Incoming

Mabinogi's 9th Anniversary comes on Monday, March 27th, and we're going to be leading into 9 years of Mabinogi with a special giveaway during the weekend. Gain a title that gives +9 to your primary stats plus an adorable little Panda pet with a hat to match, and bring it with you to special GM Events on the following week, featuring special prizes you can only get from our GMs!

Comment of this:

Hell yeah!!! I love pets and love to spend time with unicorns that usually see active unless there are events going on. Also I've been in active for a while so I would like to see the turn out of this up coming anniversary event. Here we come 9th year of Mabi!!!

( Please do not spam posts. Thread has been merged to thread of same topic. )
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Tamsy wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the KR site/wiki going into detail about this? They're being kinda secretive about this, and it's got my attention.

http://gameabout.com/board_qgja28

All I know is that the racial buffs are

Breath of Ladeca for humans, active buff skill increases movement speed, gameabout says it increases Movement Speed by 50. Not 50%, just 50, not sure if there's a difference.
    Vision of Ladeca for Elves, active buff skill increases aiming speed by 400%, and allows the aiming % to reach 100%, even on running targets.
    Might of Ladeca for Giants, active buff skill increases damage of melee-type weapons by 10%.

All of those skills are learned at rF at current level 100 and don't have any higher ranks, and gets unlearned when you rebirth until you get back to 100+ again.

The passive buff is Shine of Eweca, all races learn rF at current level 50, and it increases in rank every 10 levels after that. Like the racial buff skills, it resets at rebirth.
    It grants passive stat increases (HP/MP/SP/Str/Int/Dex/Will/Luck, and I think the specific stat increase totals are the same, but distributed differently depending on race.

Also, there's something that grants increased skill training exp depending on current level (1.50x at level 100, up to 2.00x at level 200)
    Though maybe that's another update, I can't remember.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Oh, I forgot to mention, OP should feel bad for not naming this thread some variation of "What Does This Mean?". That was a good opportunity you passed up.

It's never too late :)

But really, I didn't want to have to figure out which "What Does This Mean" thread referred to what topic :(
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited March 9, 2017
    Skills based on current level. That's interesting...

The gameabout.com/board_qgja28 link had the Battle Dance skill as the first thing I saw and I went HTHNRNNNRGGGG. But it's just on top of the list of the All tab and it's unlikely to be released in this update.
  • LittlerabbitLittlerabbit
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Not to be mean or anything but it kind of feels like elves got the short end of the stick in terms of having a cool upgrade ;-;. Feels like it'll be an archery only type of perk which would really suck. Please tell me that I'm wrong D:!
    Sherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Do you hear that?! That's the HYPE TRAIN

ALL ABOAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Was it these?

121416631.jpg
    [Deleted User]
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited March 9, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »
    The gameabout.com/board_qgja28 link had the Battle Dance skill as the first thing I saw and I went HTHNRNNNRGGGG. But it's just on top of the list of the All tab and it's unlikely to be released in this update.
    This is supposed to get released along with the Memento Update, since you need to complete the Memento quests up to a certain point before you can get the skill.