Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Somewhat newbie, am I screwed?

PicchuPicchu
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited March 12, 2017 in Help
So I'm in a bit of predicament, at least to me. I've played Mabinogi periodically in the past a few times, and have leveled a bit each time. I'm right around 350 total level right now, but my problem is that I was unaware of the absolute need to train up my close combat skills (like Smash and Windmill) and instead kinda just trained whatever I felt like at the time when I came back (mostly battle Alchemy, Puppetry, Ninja). I have gotten to partway through the Generation 3 quests. Should I keep on with this character, or just make a new one and start over completely? Also if possible, could I get an up-to-date newbie guide?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you have no character who has gotten above total level 1000, you should be able to speak to Duncan in Tir Chonnail to reset all of your skills to rank F, if you want to respec and try something else.
    Picchu
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    You'll be fine. You can slowly rank up your skills, the only one that may be a little difficult is Windmill, but at your level, it shouldn't be much of an issue at all.

I think you are doing fine, it's good to experiment with other skills and see what you like. I find that it is very difficult to "mess up" a character as eventually you will be ranking most if not all of the skills anyway.

Also, Iyasenu is right, if it is a completely brand new account with no character over total level 1,000 you'll be able to completely reset.
    Picchu
  • PicchuPicchu
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Thanks for the answers! It seems like I'll stick with my current character then. One more question, I'd like to rebirth my character into a guy but I have some costumes that are female only. Is there any way to exchange them for the male version?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Picchu wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers! It seems like I'll stick with my current character then. One more question, I'd like to rebirth my character into a guy but I have some costumes that are female only. Is there any way to exchange them for the male version?

Unfortunately not.
    You'll have to get the male version if you want to wear it as a male character.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    you can try to get all the Talent based AP by getting Expert in every talent
    it is mostly possible before your cumulative lvl reach 1000
    talk to duncan to reset all your skill.
    you can rebirth once a day to change your talent
    make sure uncheck 'reset lvl and age' every time you rebirth, so you won't accidently reach lvl 1000 too fast