Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Not Working Skill Slots

dragon5162dragon5162
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited May 5, 2017 in Technical Support
my 1 and 3 skill slots are unable to be used clicking or pressing the one or 3 key on my keyboard doesn't activate the skill at all and before you ask its not my keyboard its clearly mabi otherwise the 1 and 3 keys wouldn't work for any other game including other nexon games so its mabi and i cant figure out why i searched google to see if i can solve the issue myself and i tried just about everything reinstalling keyboard drivers, restarting the game, restarting mabi, reinstalling mabi, switching skills to see if it was just the skill, etc and nothings worked so far plz help im tired of searching for a fix for this issue.

Edit: sent support ticket at around 3:55am or so about 15 mins after the issue since i couldn't find anything to solve it myself and the person told me to do the most basic thing set controls to default seriously not to be mean or anything but anyone with common sense would try that first which i tried and of course it didnt solve the issue

Comments

• LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited May 5, 2017
    It's a bit hard to guess what might be causing this without a bit more information.

I know that some keyboard (looking at you, french layout), can't type certain characters in mabi (*cough* @ *cough*).
    It may be a similar issue, so knowing what kind of keyboard you have might help.

Also :
    When did they stop working (assuming they once worked) ?
    What are the skills on 1 and 3 ? Can you use them if put on other slots ?
    What happen if you put potions in 1 and 3, can you drink them ?
    What happen when you press the 1 and 3 keys in chat, do they register, or are they ignored as well ?
  • dragon5162dragon5162
    edited May 5, 2017
    french layout im confused i only use english layout i dont know any french i live in america and all the stuff i own is in english if it was in french i wouldn't be able to read it
    also:
    1. yesterday around 3:40ish am
    2. its was archery(1) and smash(3) and yes i can use them in other slots but it doesnt matter what skill i put in those slots it refuses to activate them
    3. i doubt it would make a difference if anything i put in those slots refuses to activate
    4. idk i cant remember if i did try that but im sure its possible the number keys might work if i was just typing in chat
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Don't doubt. Try. Then report back with your results.
    Lidrster
  • dragon5162dragon5162
    okay now im getting annoyed and ill apoligize now if i anger you or aything of the sort im sorry if i do that but anyway it takes nearly 2 hrs for someone to finally respond and you want me to play ping pong with you guys sorry but no i dont enjoy playing that game if you cant even use the most basic of logic when i says anything i put in those slots doesn't activate what makes you think even potions would i only use the slots for skills, actions, and pets anyway i dont ever use them for potions bc 1 there is a hotkey for that and 2 i didnt even know that was a thing, not that its going to change anything anyway since ill still use them for what i always use them for but anyway back to the point since id really like to play the game after waiting nearly 18 hrs for help over the matter i use the keys for which is always skills, actions, or pets. So is anyone going to help me or not im getting impatient waiting over something that shouldnt just start happening out of nowhere so anyway can someone plz help me or not? im trying my absolute best not to beat the living crap out of my computer for refusing to do as i tell it to even tho the problem is mabi and clearly not my computer, so plz before i go crazy and start thinking that mabi is nothing but a nuisance and that its community cant do anything but force me to play ping pong. can someone plz help me fix the issue and once again im sorry for seeming angry im just severly tired of searching for a fix that nobody seems to have or thinks that its a computer problem. So plz help me im getting sick and tired of waitng
  • dragon5162dragon5162
    Nvm fixed the issue
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I'm glad that you managed to fix it :)

Can you tell us how you did it? That would greatly helps anyone having the same issue in the future.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    dragon5162 wrote: »
    ... it takes nearly 2 hrs for someone to finally respond and you want me to play ping pong with you guys sorry but no i dont enjoy playing that game if you cant even use the most basic of logic when i says anything i put in those slots doesn't activate
    The original solution to this makes sense if you're using an alternative layout in Windows. We don't know your life, but there are many reason people use alternative keyboard layouts or IMEs for text input. But you're right, belittle people that are trying to help, and state their solution lack logic.
    So is anyone going to help me or not
    Not with that type of attitude. Honestly, this lack of respect will make it so that I and other won't reply when/if you need help in the future.
    im just severly tired of searching for a fix that nobody seems to have or thinks that its a computer problem.
    It is a computer issue. There may be nothing wrong with the hardware or driver, but that doesn't eliminate user error, or conflicts.

@Lidrster I would venture to guess that it was one of a couple things. Could have been that there was a profile setup to activate when they went into the game, and 1 and 3 had been accidentally assigned to macros. I think there is a strong basis that the OP is using a keyboard that would have macroing features based on the "reinstalled drivers" remark. Could have been that there was something else capturing those keys before they got to the game (malware like). or it could have been as the original suggestions stated that there was an alternative input method installed and the OP accidentally pressed left alt and left shift quickly enough to change the input method.
    I have a feeling that we won't know given the outburst towards the forums, and the short reply of "nvm".

Aeolys
  • AloriaaAloriaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    This thread might be dead but I just had this problem and it fixed when I rebirthed.