Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Servers & Activity

MonomaxosMonomaxos
Mabinogi Rep: 305
in General Chat
I am a new player, made an account,to check if I like this game(was suggested by a friend who doesnt play anymore though) created a giant and done a tutorial area then I was taken out to the king of giants and afterwards to continue to various guides(havent done all yet), also to create some sort of squad with an npc of my choice. The game seems cool so far with a lot to do but it worries me I didnt see one player around, not even one. Moreover all chat tabs except for System messages was quiet, even trade one. Before investing more time on the specific server I would like to ask which server is more active and/or if the players tend to gather in specific hotspots that arent anywhere near newbie content. The server I randomly chose to check on was Mari. Like I said I am at start so restarting to other server isnt an issue. Also got a lot of other questions regarding chars and growth but probably it isnt the right subforum to ask. Thanks to everyone who responds in advance.
Pan

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    The channel people are usually on in Mari is channel 2, the game has calmed down quite a bit but is nowhere close to being deserted. Just visit Dunby or Belvast on channal 2 and you should see plenty of people.
  • MonomaxosMonomaxos
    Hadnt even noticed it has channels, I was on channel 3 it seems(as pre-set)
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Alexina is the "active server"
    Mostly because a few years ago it was the recommend server so thats where everybody went.
    Idk about most of the servers but Alexina has lots of people that do daily raids, sms, or end game content.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Alexina is the most active server but if you like playing mostly solo it doesn't really matter what server you pick. However Alexina also has the largest player market and you will probably be able to find items more easily there. channel 4, 5, and 6 are most active on Alexina and ch 1 is the main channel for the player market and has lots of players and lag.
  • hyaciinthhyaciinth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 10, 2017
    If you want a close-knit community you can join us on Tarlach [channel 7 is the market channel]. (:
    You get several character cards, so you can make characters on different servers if you want to see what they're all like.
    The most popular places that people hang out are Tir square, Dunbarton square, and Belvast. There's also usually quite a bit of people lingering at the Tail and Tara altars (where you do shadow missions).
    Good luck & welcome to Mabinogi!
    NilremMonomaxosAcobrateYellowBinRadiant DawnWolfandWolf
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Alexina is the most active server but if you like playing mostly solo it doesn't really matter what server you pick. However Alexina also has the largest player market and you will probably be able to find items more easily there. channel 4, 5, and 6 are most active on Alexina and ch 1 is the main channel for the player market and has lots of players and lag.

Staaaaaaaaaaahp. :|
  • MonomaxosMonomaxos
    Well my experience with Mari is a bit weird so far. I did finally find people but none ever responds, possibly, cause I am a newbie cause well they talked to each other at times on the general chat. And not just 1 or 2 but it was over 10 characters all around near Duncan npc. Or people there talk only to their guildmates, not sure what is the case. Started trying out a char on Alexina(not sure why, but didnt give me a mount whistle this time) probably will check Tarlach later today too that I am in the beggining. I like mostly team play though I may occasionally solo, I also like living skills in games, and generally I prefer tanky melee classes. Speaking of on my test char on Mari I made a Giant and on the reborn quest I chose a lancer partly cause I liked the charge when testing classes on tutorial, I am not sure if that is a decent combination..
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    "Afk Players"

well they are not new things that exist in Online gaming
  • MonomaxosMonomaxos
    Not afk at all, just moving, talking to each other, etc - they just dont respond. I just guess no real interest to respond to any random newcomer
  • WingWing
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,095
    edited May 11, 2017
    Hi O/
    Welcome to Mabi. I am sure you do have a lot of questions and need some guidance, there is suppose to be a system of new player helpers but I rarely see any of them around. So, I will help if I can. First, Alexina is the most populated server, followed by Mari, every time I visit Tarlach all I see is ghost town not many people around at all, there is a 4th server but I don't go there...In the beginning you get to do a lot of tutorials which are you only areas. Its kind of a lot to write out in the forums, but if you would like to add me when the game is up I can help you out and answer some things for you. I will post my 2 main chars from the servers I play on. ( I rarely go to Tarlach anymore so won't include that char)
    Alexina: Maihime
    Mari : Lotusblossom
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    If you do stick around on Mari, I'm bored right now when not in Girg raids. I'd be willing to help you out as much as I am capable and answer what I know. Just don't expect me to answer too much about the market though, I only follow prices of a few items.
    IGN: Tabari
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Gaea wrote: »

???
    Stop what?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Twelie wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

???
    Stop what?

Being jelous B) It's obvious lol.
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Monomaxos wrote: »
    Started trying out a char on Alexina(not sure why, but didnt give me a mount whistle this time) probably will check Tarlach later today too

there are a good number of things that are limited to one per account, such as the free pets and most events. you also have a limited number of beginning character cards for all of your characters and pets.

as much as I'd love more people on tarlach, you'll probably want to conserve your free stuff.

Twelie
  • MonomaxosMonomaxos
    Thank you all, I guess I should check these servers and decide on one. For the mount, if it happens to delete the char you can still get in a new(and final) main character?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Thank you all, I guess I should check these servers and decide on one. For the mount, if it happens to delete the char you can still get in a new(and final) main character?

Not likely.
    Also if you delete a character you won't get a character card back its gone forever. So don't ever delete characters.
    Mostly because they increase your gold you can store in your bank. Idk if its cross servers tho.
  • LouisdesnowLouisdesnow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060

You're better off making a new account entirely for the full benefits of having 5+ characters on a single server, as well as being able to keep your pets.
    FweepGreta
  • MonomaxosMonomaxos
    I see and thank you fpr all the advice. I dont think right now it matters that much having so many characters since I am a newbie and my guess is that mastering one char takes quite a while already but I am guessing it may matter a lot later. I usually keep my banks and inventory fairly clean on most MMOs I played though
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited May 12, 2017
    I see and thank you fpr all the advice. I dont think right now it matters that much having so many characters since I am a newbie and my guess is that mastering one char takes quite a while already but I am guessing it may matter a lot later. I usually keep my banks and inventory fairly clean on most MMOs I played though

Number of characters determines how much gold your bank can hold 1 character = 5mil
    It may seem like alot but most items can go for alot more than 5mil making you unable to buy them.
    You can always just play the one character but its recommended to have all your character cards used if you wanna hold alot of money.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Opalthira wrote: »

Number of characters determines how much gold your bank can hold 1 character = 5mil
    It may seem like alot but most items can go for alot more than 5mil making you unable to buy them.
    You can always just play the one character but its recommended to have all your character cards used if you wanna hold alot of money.

^^^ This. It might be good to make these test characters, figure out which server you want, and then make a new account with all characters on that server. As far as I'm aware, all characters have to be on the same server in order to utilize how much money your bank can hold.
    Twelie