Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Too dark in Fiodh at night

DiscomfortDiscomfort
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Feedback and Suggestions
What I like about Fiodh is how pretty it is compared to the other dungeons. It makes grinding through a bit less boring, and feels a bit more unique to me. The only real downside is that, (although I like the concept itself) Fiodh gets TOO dark at night. As in, darker than other areas at night. Now, getting dark at night is normal. But it'd be nice if I could actually see what I was doing, you know? I was thinking, either maybe modify the brightness in that specific dungeon just enough to make it easier to see, or maybe create a new skill or effect (like meditation or melody step) that creates light around your character? I really feel like creating a campfire in every room is a bit excessive. Or maybe a flashlight or torch that can be purchased from a general shop? I don't know, I just feel like it would be a bit more reasonable if that specific dungeon weren't so dark at night.
  1. Is Fiodh dungeon too dark at night?13 votes
    1. Yes, tweak the brightness in the dungeon.
       46% (6 votes)
    2. Yes, implement an item or skill that creates a significant amount of light.
       31% (4 votes)
    3. Yes, but you should just deal with it.
       15% (2 votes)
    4. No, it's fine the way it is.
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Oh my god it is SO hard to see at night xDD

I wish they had lanterns or something up in the trees so you could actually see where you were going.
    Sphyra21
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Or fireflies flying around in the "grass walls".
    Sphyra21kapapa
  • DiscomfortDiscomfort
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I like the fireflies idea! It would be so pretty if it were lit up by fireflies!
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited May 22, 2017
    Stationary lightnin' bugs ( yes, yes, I know that they're also called fireflies, but I'm a southern gal. I can't help it ;D ) would be preferable performance-wise. Too many particles can really bog ya down.
    But visually, I'd love to see little ones in the grass and trees "flittin'" about. Kind of like the effects in the shyllien nature reserve or coill abyss.

And karu forest too! That place actually freaks me out at night sometimes.