Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guild Title Event Return

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited August 21, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Im sure this has been talked about before but I dont see any recent threads asking so here we go.

I would like to suggest the permanent return of the guild title event allowing for guild leaders to create a custom title for their members which provide a stat bonus to them for wearing it. It adds another benefit towards being in a guild and it would be great if guilds that missed out on this before would be allowed to participate.

Please post below with your comments and suggestions. Hopefully, we can get enough support to bring this back to Mabi <3

Details of the event and how it worked previously:
- Custom guild title awarded for guilds who are able to recruit 5 members during the event period (originally Aug 7 - 21, 2010)
- Guild title may contain between 2 and 10 characters
- May contain spaces but not special characters
- If the title contains inappropriate content it will be deleted and not recoverable by any means
- Equipping the title will provide the following bonuses:
Str +10, Int +10
Dex +10, Will +10
Luck +10, Mana +10
Defense +1
Protection +1

During the event, the title can be changed as much as you like after 1 minute has passed to adjust it as you see fit.

Things to be aware of:
- Leaving and rejoining the guild does not count towards the 5 people needed
- Creating a guild with the leader plus 4 founders counts towards the 5 person requirement
- The title will show up at the bottom of the select list when awarded to the guild.
- It is unclear if joining as an alt in the same account applies towards the 5 people requirement so maybe Nexon Staff can answer this one?

Info from the previous event found on mabi wiki as a reference to how this event could possibly return in the future.

Additional suggestions:
Have the title available to be purchased using GP from Sinead in Rath Castle (similar to expansions) by Ataraxiz
SherriMasterGoon

Comments

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I completely, 100% agree with this. It's rare to see custom titles nowadays because a lot of the guild have fallen or are inactive since this event was last around.

We've brainstormed with our guild members about clever titles. My favorite is "{Username} is what plants crave!" because we are Electrolytes, but it doesn't fit in the space provided. So sad .n.

100% agreed, though. I'd like to see this back, I'm certain everyone else supports this aswell.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I'd like a custom title. I experienced it once when I was in an older guild before, but that's pretty much it...
    Ataraxiz
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Oh yay some positive feedback been a long time since that has happened <3

I know one of my previous guilds had a title that provided +10 to each of the basic stats so that was pretty cool especially for the new players who needed it most of all. Not sure what our title would be but I'd have to discuss with guilds and see what is voted most popular XD
    MasterGoon
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Yeah that's what we're gonna do. We've talked a little bit about it and other stuff too, but since everything else is in the making, we're just kinda resting it out as for right now.

Glad you brought it up, though. I didn't think of that, certainly been awhile since I heard much on it from another guild leader. Kudos

:) <3
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Decided to add in information about the previous event in case people are not aware how it worked. Hopefully, it can be added to stay so all new guilds can be awarded the option of a custom title upon creation and older guilds can earn it by recruiting new people in ^^ If you have any suggestions to add to this please comment here and I'll update the first post to include them.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited August 21, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Decided to add in information about the previous event in case people are not aware how it worked. Hopefully, it can be added to stay so all new guilds can be awarded the option of a custom title upon creation and older guilds can earn it by recruiting new people in ^^ If you have any suggestions to add to this please comment here and I'll update the first post to include them.

You should totally link the wiki thread, that should help a bit too.

Maybe we could buy it with GP after reaching a certain rank?? Like guild hall and stuffs?
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Yeah buying with GP could be an alternate way to redoing the event since guilds can still gain GP even after the expansions have been bought. Updated the first post ^^
    MasterGoon
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Yeah buying with GP could be an alternate way to redoing the event since guilds can still gain GP even after the expansions have been bought. Updated the first post ^^

Ahh, I'm really happy you considered that into putting it into your post. We've always worked pretty well together with these kinds of things :3

Glad to see you're getting some much needed support o/ I actually agree with a lot of things you post, with the exception of a few, of course. Non-the-less, I still support you. Keep up the good work!
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I hope that support carries over to other areas like recruitment thread perhaps because we actually do need active people though not sure if people think we deserve them. I guess time shall tell.

Working to get my ideas put down and find positive support but its been very difficult lately (with people constantly attacking me) so hopefully, this gets approved at least XD
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    I can try to help with that too if you need it. I just don't want to invade too much space. I just happened to see this thread here when wandering to see what's new, decided to comment.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I honestly don't think you can help because of the past experience with recruitment but we shall see what happens and if the same type of behaviors continue ^^ Time will tell.

Now hopefully more people comment so this can be added back and guilds can get cool custom titles for their folks heh.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited August 21, 2017
    Mm, if you think bad stuff will happen on my part, that's really up to you. Like you said, time will tell. Just please don't hold things against me if I'm not involved myself :3 Other than that, I'm happy to support you with whatever.

On the topic of this thread, I do appreciate it being put out there o/ Hope it gets implemented!
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Don't worry I know exactly what your involvement is with things based on observations of the threads and stuff. Sad that it involves such hostility and negativity towards me (like my other threads for example) but guess that's the way things go. Anyways done with this convo going to work on some other stuff now and check on this tomorrow.

Lets get more support so we can have titles return folks. Its a big help for lower level players and veterans alike as its one of the better stat titles out there tbh heh
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited August 21, 2017
    I can't really control your opinion of an innocent action on my own part. Negativity and hostility isn't how I function .w. I thought we were getting along fine until that last comment.

Still support you, anyhow. Good luck with your ideas!
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    read the title of this i was 100000000% for it because i just wanna make the title "daddy" or something funny xD like "The Wafflenator" i dunno but im all for this
    AtaraxizSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Can't say innocent people have their friends attack others in threads or try to get them banned but you know just me with my different opinions. ^^ Maybe check recent topics I've posted in other than this one though I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyways going back and forth with you is pointless so let's leave the thread for others opinions now okay unless you have something else to add to the topic at hand?

Please refrain from further irrelevant discussions and keep focus on the subject of Guild Titles coming back <3
    MasterGoon
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Lol Ame the wafflenator sounds yummy. That would be a good guild title. Thanks for your support XD
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Actually I told you that you had my support. That's not derailment, that's me being civil with you in reply to what you previously stated. I was trying to help you out. .w. I don't read over your threads, this one was at the top of the list when I checked it and I supported it to begin with so I thought I'd comment.

Please don't bring other drama into this thread nwn I offered to help you, you declined, I said "Okay, that's up to you. Jist please don't bring me into your drama with other people." That really should've been it.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I would prefer if you not bring personal issues here ^^ I declined because of hostility in the recruitment thread and in other suggested threads so I dont think you will help me. Its nothing you can help with because you do not want my guild to gain members as expressed in the many threads you reply to deter others from joining. Sorry proof is there that you dont want to help so please end this conversation as it is not relevant to the topic at hand. You are derailing my thread now and I want to keep it on topic so I am ending this conversation and going back to the original topic. If you have further comments take it to PMs otherwise only respond if you have something to add or comment relating to the topic specifically of "Guild Titles" thanks.

As stated before this thread is about getting support to bring back guild title event so lets try to keep the focus on that okay XD
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I support this, a lot of guilds have started and ended within just the past year. the guild title event sounds like it could really make the guild system more interesting again. it would be nice to see a few new improvements as well like being able to do more with your guild hall and more guild stone locations. seems kind of silly Iria is the biggest continent in the game and guild stones can only go outside Filia and Vales.
    Ataraxiz