Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Crom Bás Part 2 update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/71292/crom-b-s-unveiled-abyss-part-2-patch-notes-january-13th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Disable Auto Barding

TotonoTotono
Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
Posts: 47
Member
edited September 13, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Playing instrument is the easiest skill ever to level, so why do people need to be subject to AFK bards spamming default mabi songs in the middle of every population center all day, every day. Don't see why we gotta either blacklist everyone, or turn our own instrument volume down to cater to laziness. Blacklisting doesn't even solve the problem, if I blacklist someone it doesn't mean I can do my own barding with friends because then everyone else around has to hear layered barding and that sounds even worse than the defaults alone. It's gotten bad since musicq, and imo places like dunbarton aren't even worth going to because there's an afk bard in every corner or the square.

I propose you disable repeated barding outside of homesteads, where they should be doing this to begin with.
SiodhanHardmuscleSaiArandelLeighold
  1. AFK bards?16 votes
    1. Ew
       13% (2 votes)
    2. Ewwww
       88% (14 votes)

Comments

  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    This is one of those counter-measures-to-prevent-modding type features.

    If they remove the feature, people will use a macro and do it anyways.

  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 47
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This is one of those counter-measures-to-prevent-modding type features.

    If they remove the feature, people will use a macro and do it anyways.

    That's why I think it should only be allowed in homestead. Everyone else shouldn't have to deal with it to cater to someone who isn't even PLAYING at the moment. They're just afk. qq
    HardmuscleArandelLeighold
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 315
    Member
    I hate it with a burning passion as well. Same for people who spam control marionette or golem sounds. It has never been funny, it isn't funny right now and it never damn will be. Grow up.
    HardmuscleArandelLeighold
  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 47
    Member
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I hate it with a burning passion as well. Same for people who spam control marionette or golem sounds. It has never been funny, it isn't funny right now and it never damn will be. Grow up.

    Yeah seriously, there's so many ways you can fix this issue and let everyone win but instead we have annoyed people on both sides.

    1: Only allowed to repeat bard skill in homestead
    2: People with auto barding enabled make no noise
    3: Remove the defaults from playing without score. They're horrible songs anyway.
    Hardmuscle
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 776
    Member
    If you ever feel like trolling the autoplayers, try and request a duel with them during that split second between plays. It'll force the skill to stop.

    I recommend interrupting all autoplayers this way until they get a clue and move to a non-public space 8D
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 14, 2017
    I know you mean 'Playing Instrument', but I can't help from giggling every time I read the word 'Barding'. :D // The definition of which is the present participle of bard, which means to cover meat (or game) with slices of bacon. // It's also the name of a user on the old forum who was well known for posting whenever his bridge burned down (everyday). // In the end though, I understand where you're coming from and agree.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    There's a setting in options that lets you mute others aside from yourself.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 14, 2017
    @Pan
    Pan wrote: »
    There's a setting in options that lets you mute others aside from yourself.
    That's true, but .. as implied once already... this doesn't prevent your audience from hearing the screeching overplay, or the golems and the pet summon spam when you yourself are playing and wish to be heard by others. If you mute everyone aside from yourself; this will make your own music become the overplay (the overplay to everyone who has not muted everyone but you). ~ :|

  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Posts: 313
    Member
    There is a way though?? Use jam band. If you want to play music, you can click the headphones above your head. Your audiences don't even need to be in your party, they can click on it too and hear only your music.

    Buuut that doesn't fix the afk playing instrument in populated areas.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    AFK playing isn't that bad anyways. Makes the towns feel livelier.
  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 47
    Member
    edited September 18, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    AFK playing isn't that bad anyways. Makes the towns feel livelier.

    I disagree. I wont even set foot in dun barton anymore because of them. It used to be where i spent all my time but i haven't been there for more than 10 seconds in months. I know i'm not the only one too. :c And why would i want to mute everyone? I'm a bard because i love playing music, and hearing others play their own music. not spam terrible default songs. My favorite part of the game is having random strangers and friends take turns playing music or join in jams randomly, but lately i can't do anything because now spammers are in all the population centers and i'm not going to subject anyone to layered music. I just want to be able to bard and not get shoved aside by people who only care about their stat gains. ;-;

    BARD MAINS OVER STAT GAINS! -protest chant, picket fence signs, etc-

    Edit: @Hardmuscle How much bacon would we need to bury all the afk bards under to prevent sound from escaping the ham barrier?
    Hardmuscle
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    But... but i love this touhou music that goes like this: beep. beep. beep. be-be-beep. beep. beep. bebebebeep. beep. beep. be-be-beep. beep. beep. bebebebeep. beep. beep. beep. be-be-beep. beep. beep. beep... BEEP BE-BE BEEP BE-BE BEEP BE-BE-BEE-EE-EEEP BEEP BE-BE BEEP BE-BE BEEP BE-BE-BEE-EE-EEE
    HardmuscleYangKoeteIyasenukapapaDarkpixie99Sai
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    @Sheena ~ Don't you hate it when a song gets stuck in your head? :trollface:



    SheenaScavern
  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 47
    Member
    edited September 20, 2017
    Update: some of them are not even using regular auto barding. There are scripts involved that make them start right back up after I cancel them with duel requests. It's a plague and people like this should just get banned already ~_~
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Posts: 213
    Member
    I've long believed that auto-play should be restricted to Homesteads.
    YangKoeteTotonoHardmuscleSai
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    edited September 20, 2017
    mfw the two options for the poll is the same.

    Where is the option for "It doesn't bother me?" I would like to vote that.

    It honestly doesn't bother me honestly. Limiting it to homesteads is not really the best idea. Some people do troll, I will admit, but others don't play trolly music.
  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 47
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    mfw the two options for the poll is the same.

    Where is the option for "It doesn't bother me?" I would like to vote that.

    It honestly doesn't bother me honestly. Limiting it to homesteads is not really the best idea. Some people do troll, I will admit, but others don't play trolly music.

    Yeah, I tend to add joke polls >< I should have taken it seriously in a suggestion thread..
  • AlcheinAlchein
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited September 21, 2017
    Totono wrote: »
    Playing instrument is the easiest skill ever to level, so why do people need to be subject to AFK bards spamming default mabi songs in the middle of every population center all day, every day. Don't see why we gotta either blacklist everyone, or turn our own instrument volume down to cater to laziness. Blacklisting doesn't even solve the problem, if I blacklist someone it doesn't mean I can do my own barding with friends because then everyone else around has to hear layered barding and that sounds even worse than the defaults alone. It's gotten bad since musicq, and imo places like dunbarton aren't even worth going to because there's an afk bard in every corner or the square.

    I propose you disable repeated barding outside of homesteads, where they should be doing this to begin with.

    I hope you're aware of the fact that Pure music mode exists for a reason. If you wish to have people in a party and play music with them i'd advise you to actually make use of that function that was implemented for that reason. Complaining about having to turn people down or blacklisting them because thats "too much effort" for you is honestly pathetic when there is at-least a way to disable it for everyone you wish to play music with.

    >Edit<
    Also to further elaborate on my point above.. There are people who do play blank scores, yes eventually they run out but the fact that they've considered taking the time to make blank scores for auto playing means they aren't lazy or inconsiderate.
    Leilicia
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Posts: 883
    Member
    Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep the discussion civil on topic.
    Hardmuscle
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,575
    Posts: 7,896
    Member
    Of course things would be better if Devcat cleaned up regular music playing to decrease the number of poorly played attempts especially as one ranks higher.

    But I think the purpose of this discussion is at what point does AFK music playing in public areas frequented by many people becomes a public nuisance. It's like comparing it to people who have loud parties deep into the night making it impossible for neighbors to sleep.

    However, in this game players do not have the moral obligation to not use the function just to keep people's ears sane.
    Nor do they have the moral obligation to not play over others who are playing music.

    So, when do these actions get annoying enough to be considered public nuisances?
    And what about others who use the action on regular maps, but have chosen isolated locations away from most people?

    This is definitely a good debatable topic on the positives and negatives of this function. And good civil debate is good for our minds and community.
    Hardmuscle