Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Those messages across the middle of the screen...

RicciSantorumRicciSantorum
Mabinogi Rep: 990
edited September 23, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Want to be able to toggle that mess off. The jam session, what's his face's musical blessing began/5 minutes left/ending. I don't care. Please ability to to toggle those off. And the dragon appeared/defeated/remnants are disappearing.... those messages- toggle off/on please. Came back to the game and I get to read about people's music every 5 minutes. Already have to mute everything... or maybe just stop playing/grinding/dyeing stuff...
Sherripurpley

Comments

• RicciSantorumRicciSantorum
    edited September 24, 2017
    Sorry, I just don't care about it. I don't "bard" and I'm tired of seeing it all the time. Others may find it useful to know about it, but I'm sure there are just as many people who don't wanna see it in the middle of the screen all the time, so toggle switch please. Sometimes, it knocks off other messages that I actually caused and that I actually want to read.
  • RicciSantorumRicciSantorum
    Sarcasm doesn't seem to be beyond you, since you place the smirking little emoticon at the end of your posts. Every 5 mins, I don't mean literally. I mean sarcastically, that it happens A LOT. I've never sat here and timed it.

Besides, never said that the blessing is activating every 5 mins. I said I'm seeing messages across my screen every 5 mins; referring to the announcements I mentioned in my first post. Every condition of it pops up. Not referring strictly to just the activation of the blessing. And it is the darnedest thing! Even in the middle of the forest or just standing in a field, at some of the least busiest times, I still see that someone has played and activated the blessing. Doesn't it show up in the squire area, too? Also, don't forget the dragon raid messages.

Anyway, I said a toggle switch, therefore, it would be an option to turn it off and on. So, the people who love "barding" and going to the dragon raids, and also the ones who love seeing every message pop up in the middle of their screen wouldn't be affected. However, those of us who don't care, or who care but may be doing something else at the time and don't want to see the messages may appreciate the toggle switch. Besides, is it really as serious as all that, that you have to disagree (not about the toggle switch of course) about my not caring about the announcement (I don't), or that you tell me I should just move (I have tried)?

Anyway, that's my suggestion: a toggle switch for the middle-of-the-screen world announcements. Wouldn't mind so much if it was just at the bottom like the "don't share your password" thing, or the top, like the events/"log off we are updating" bar.

Have a nice day. :smirk:
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Since I'm too lazy to take my own screenshot in Blade and Soul, this is how an in-depth UI customization looks.
    Mabinogi probably needs more work before it gains a similar function.
    Blade-and-Soul-Jagatplay-034-600x338.jpg

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    The Blessing of Cairbre I don't mind poppin' up but everythin' else drives me absolutely bonkers. And it never fails, I'll be in the middle of readin'/doin' somethin' and "The White/Black Dragon has appeared near Vales/Filia!" pops up and totally messes up what I'm doin'.

If these messages could be moved to another part of the screen or have an option to be turned off would be nice. At least with the FS jam blessing the message shows up in the system chat logs.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I was doing something, I forgot but a message needed to pop up in the middle if you fail but at the same time "You've Defeated the black dragon!" popped up...didn't see the important message. I vote to have the message moved to the top or in the chat log at least ;(
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited October 19, 2017
    Honestly, I'm starting to agree. I'm not sure what it is (Loot o' Lantern?), but like every five minutes I see 'Someusername has summoned the Some Field Boss to Some Place!'
    That gets annoying.
    Like, good for you. You spend your mums cash on buying gacha and to fight (or not) some field boss that I could care less about.

But seriously, I'd love the option to block that crap.