Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

End gear in gacha

BethuarBethuar
Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
in Feedback and Suggestions
As much as I love to see high tier gear drop in gacha's happen I do not think it should continue. I love spam buying gacha but the fact that high tier or very close to that drops from it can cause so many issues which I will explain in a bit. One other thing is you can easily replace the gear with more fashion items or even consumables that can be of use.
So I for one love spam buying gacha, I spend quite a lot actually a week and with that others do the same thing and some even way more than I do. With that said, gear is tradeable and even further is sold in the market. With all of this said, if gear of high tier can be found in the gacha, prices will just drop and that gear will no longer become as epic as it should be. Another issue found with this is no one will even work hard to craft the gear, they'll just wait until a gacha comes out to get their wanted gear with the r1 reforge.
And as I also explained, there are ways to fix this in an instant. Which shouldn't be too hard.
1. just replace gear with something of lower tier of unique. As in never seen before or just looks cool but has no real use.
2. take out the gear from gacha entirely

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I've been saying this for years. I wholeheartedly agree. But there's also the fact that some items just need a more acceptable droprate as well, or some items will pretty much go extinct altogether.

I agree with this suggestion, though I feel like the super intensely rare items (radiant tough strings, abyss materials, squire materials, etc) should have their droprates adjusted to the amount of players we actually have...which aren't that many in comparison to KR. Nexon finally caught on to the idea of weapon skins, soI think they should just continue on that route in terms of giving us cool-looking combat-related items. There's nothing fun about a game that you can earn absolutely nothing on - be it because the droprates are outrageously crappy, everythng is already in gachas or they're ONLY in gachas (right, creepy haunted accessories?)
    kapapa
  • BethuarBethuar
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    @Siodhan
    I think I'm replying right XD never could find this out. But you are correct about drop rates, it can be a real pain to get anything at all as a drop and it could take weeks to get one part, just for it to fail or be destroyed. So people tend to just wait for gachas to save them.
    The ancient puppets were fair game since they were never introduced and there is no other way to get them besides gacha, but if they keep bringing them back it will ruin how unique they are and be like the mysterious robe. Overly common and later becomes for show.
    With proper care, the gacha could be very fun and still a pay to win without it being a pay to kill the game. I laugh when I check shops and see high tier gear for at most 5m and a silly fashion item for 100m+ That shouldn't be a thing.