Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tribal Bird Robe: Shiny Gold Thread

VitulaVitula
Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
edited December 16, 2016 in Help
So a friend sent me a picture asking about a new material listed in the Tribal Bird Robe Pattern. It calls for "Shiny Gold Thread" and I cannot find absolutely ANY information on how to find it. Anybody have any input on this new material?

Comments

• VitulaVitula
    edited December 16, 2016
    Also, not sure if the image just isn't showing up on mobile or if I legitimately messed up my formatting but here is the image link:
    http://m.imgur.com/ryWxlY8
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    To add a picture just click the little picture icon above the comment box. It will open a little box for you to paste the link into and create all the code for you. Easy peasy!!
    Vitula
  • VitulaVitula
    That's what I did! It might just not be showing up for me on mobile. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me though (◍•ᴗ•◍)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    how did someone get the pattern already?? I thought you can only get 5 S-coins a day
  • VitulaVitula
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

how did someone get the pattern already?? I thought you can only get 5 S-coins a day
    I believe they had S coins from a previous Samhain event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 16, 2016
    Vitula
    Vitula said:

Arjune
    Arjune said:

I believe they had S coins from a previous Samhain event.
    @Arjune You get S coins from Caravan Joe if you give him compass fragments (the ones you get from Rabbie dungeon, NOT TOTEMS). Also we will get S and M coins at Hot Day events too. So yeah, you can go ask Joe for Rabbie Passes and spam for fragments to turn them in for S coins.

• KttyKtty
    Vitula
    Vitula said:

So a friend sent me a picture asking about a new material listed in the Tribal Bird Robe Pattern. It calls for "Shiny Gold Thread" and I cannot find absolutely ANY information on how to find it. Anybody have any input on this new material?
    The thread was listed in the wiki already. It says it's a Barri normal reward.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Shiny_Gold_Thread
    Vitula
  • VitulaVitula
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Vitula
    Vitula said:

The thread was listed in the wiki already. It says it's a Barri normal reward.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Shiny_Gold_Thread
    Thank you SO much. I swear I checked wiki but I guess I somehow missed that. Cheers!
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    I got one at Rundal normal if that helps.
  • KttyKtty
    MissDevichi

I got one at Rundal normal if that helps.
    That's awesome that it's a reward at more than one dungeon! Hopefully it won't be one of those near to impossible to get items then.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 16, 2016
    Oh, so THAT'S what it's used in.
    Alright, added to wiki.
    Post here, or edit the page yourself, if you get the thread from another source.
    Gotta get that new info somewhere!

Also for getting S coins easily, you can just repeat part 1 of Samhain, but when you get to the part where you spam Rabbie for fragments for the quest, turn in any pieces you find to Caravan Joe before you get the final piece you need for the quest.

As long as that quest remains incomplete, you can keep going back to Kristell for more passes to get more fragments for S Coins.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited December 17, 2016
    I've gotten two Shiny Threads from Barri Normal. So maybe all the Normal dungeons drop it...?

Edit: Will update if I find it in other Normal Dungeons.

UPDATE: Just got it from Alby Normal!!!
    Thank the Cailleach! I can make this darn robe now!
    MarianthiYutsuki
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Vitula
    Vitula said:

Volunteers at Mabinogi World Wiki try to write down and screenshot everything they can. I recommend bookmarking it and searching whenever you need to. wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Shiny_Gold_Thread
  • YutsukiYutsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    edited December 17, 2016
    I confirm Those dungs :
    Barri -> Got one yesterday after 5 run, did ~25+, no more.
    Alby -> Did four runs, got one.

/!\ EDIT /!\ : I got one more in six more alby runs. It's a nice drop in comparison of Barri.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Anyone have luck with Ciar? I find it's easier and faster than Alby these days. Partially because it's already mapped out
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    I just got one from Rabbie normal... I guess they're in normal dungeons?
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    in case anyone's curious, the final materials are 1 finest finishing thread and 5 braids.
  • ValentinaValentina
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Do somebody know how to obtain shiny gold thread? Wiki seems false :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I've never seen that item drop from Rabbie or the Red Succubus. I do know you can get Magical Golden Thread from there.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    So far it's been recorded to drop from Alby, Rabbie, Rundal, and Barri.

Source: forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/217/tribal-bird-robe-shiny-gold-thread/p1