Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I'm a master Mage and champion bard with r1 song

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
edited January 20, 2017 in Help
Would it be a waste to rank up fighter and use Merlin knuckles?

Comments

• XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Depends.

Honestly, Merlin knuckles don't provide a good experience for magic.
    You can't get cast speed or chain casting.

It's more for fighter who want to use magic on the side.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    if you're just doing it for the stats, sure - but the fighter skillset struggles with multiple enemies / controlling aggro. and compared to other skill sets ( cough crks cough final hit and bash ) , it has rather lackluster damage. having magic / merlin knucks does rectify some issues ( such as being able to snapcast fireball / spam lightning rod when needed ) but respite doesn't really... mesh well with that. or at all.

also focused fist glitch is a thing after so many years.
    tldr: fighter is pretty lackluster, and while magic does help with mob control if you have merlin knucks, it's still just ok.

but if the idea sounds fun to you, then go ahead!
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I agree, it's more of a fun experience than a optimal one. Though if you do decide to do it I would go the red path since it benefits both mage and fighter.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Ringabel
    Ringabel said:

if you're just doing it for the stats, sure - but the fighter skillset struggles with multiple enemies / controlling aggro. and compared to other skill sets ( cough crks cough final hit and bash ) , it has rather lackluster damage. having magic / merlin knucks does rectify some issues ( such as being able to snapcast fireball / spam lightning rod when needed ) but respite doesn't really... mesh well with that. or at all.

also focused fist glitch is a thing after so many years.
    tldr: fighter is pretty lackluster, and while magic does help with mob control if you have merlin knucks, it's still just ok.

but if the idea sounds fun to you, then go ahead!
    I was thinking more about being able to snap cast adv magic mid fighter convo while buffing my self with bard with out needind to switch weapon