Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

need advice to get stronger to beat g25 bosses

KedaruiKedarui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
in Help
okay, i need some serious help, advice, anything. i'm trying to get through g25 and after breezing through it i figured i'd have a relatively okay time getting past the important boss fights, especially after how well balanced g24 was. i was horribly, horribly wrong. after barely managing to get through
derbhile's
fight with my sanity in tact, i just got to the fight with
nuckelavee
and i was barely damaging the thing. i went through 5 revival balloons and only got it to 95% before giving up because i realized there was no point in wasting the few nao stones i had left.

does anyone have any advice on how to raise my damage output, lower the amount of damage i take, etc? here's a pic of my stats

rd4Aw8K.png

along with this, my cumulative level is 7167. my weapon and armor are pretty good i would think (i have a stinger chain blade (spirit weapon), abyss dragon light armor, royal knight boots+gauntlets, light of palala with blazing+afternoon enchantments)
i only have one technique card that's active, i still have no idea what to do with techniques and i'm certainly not strong enough to go into tech duinn alone.

i don't spend every moment playing this game and i'm a pretty casual player, so i don't have a lot of things that really strong players have despite playing the game since iria launched :( i could really use some help!
MinalunaNiought

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    So, not clicking the spoiler boxes because I'm not at that part of the game, I'm actually stuck on...g21 or something. I took a break on it since I was having issues with the boss, but looking at your stats, I've noticed your hp is lower than mine (I have like, 2000 and something). So I'll just tell you some skills that can help raise stats that should in turn, help you get stronger.

Life skills, for starters is a huge hp boost. Hoeing, cow milking, carpentry stuff like that, they can give a lot of hp. Transformation does give lots of hp too, though admittedly I haven't even touched on that much. I heard the gun skills also give a lot of hp and...strength, I think, and I feel like Ninja has similar stats, but I'm not too certain about those too. Chains I've noticed gives some hp too, though I'm guessing you use that one a lot, since you're using a good chain blade. Leveling things that give extra strength is a great idea too. I found a reddit post or something with a list of skills that make you stronger, hp wise and strength, but unfortunately, idk how to really find it now. But like I said, life skills are a good thing to touch up on, and blacksmithing too probably.

As a grandmaster mage, I wanted to raise my stats and become stronger since we start out pretty squishy, but getting tougher with those magic skills are pretty awesome, cause fireball meteor, stuff like that do so much damage. Plus mana shield can take in a good bit of damage, especially when you have a lot of mp. Not saying you have to switch entirely to magic, or at all, but they could be really helpful to move things along.
  • MinalunaMinaluna
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Hey, I’m stuck on that boss
    nuckelavee
    , too…I was able to get it down to 40%, but ran out of nao stoned and died…*crying*

Did you ever defeat it? If so, do you have any tips? My cumulative level is over 12,000, and all the guides say basically to rank every skill to r1. That will take me forever! I only play this casually as well…guess I got work to do if this is the only way…
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    How about posting a video of you trying to fight the boss. Maybe, after watching, someone could suggest a different approach other than what you've been using.
  • MinalunaMinaluna
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Minaluna wrote: »
    nuckelavee
    , too…I was able to get it down to 40%, but ran out of nao stoned and died…*crying*

Did you ever defeat it? If so, do you have any tips? My cumulative level is over 12,000, and all the guides say basically to rank every skill to r1. That will take me forever! I only play this casually as well…guess I got work to do if this is the only way…

I managed to defeat it last night! Basically, spam Final Hit, Meteor Strike, Magnum Shot, Arrow Revolver, and Bachram Explosion whenever the skills are “ready.” You can use other skills to hit the boss while you’re waiting. I used smash, windmill, thunder, etc. I also brought lots of potions, guardian stones, and nao stones prepared (I went in with 90 nao and 12 guardian stones.) because those tornadoes really catch you off guard and can kill you. Using Final Hit after a guardian stone revival and/or when transformed as Paladin/Dark Knight may help a lot to get its HP down. All these skills I used are rank1 for me, so you might have to rank these up to r1 if not already done so. In summary:

Skills (rank1): Final Hit (Guardian Stone Revival/Dark Knight), Meteor Strike, Magnum Shot, Arrow Revolver, and Bachram Explosion, Smash, Windmill, Thunder

Technique: Hit and Run (I basically ran in circles and hit whenever the boss just used a skill. It was only when I became impatient that my avatar died…Oops!). Run from tornadoes & hit the pillars when the boss flees!

Items/Weapons: HP 100/300 potions (a lot), HP/Stamina 300 potions, HP/MP 100/300 potions, 90 nao stones, 12 guardian stones, 2 Demonic Death Knight Swords, Stinger Chain Blade (Spirit Weapon), Black Dragon Knight’s Bow

My stats and weapons are ok since I just play this game for the fashion and not really for strength and combat, so I hope this helps. :)

• KedaruiKedarui
    Helsa wrote: »
    How about posting a video of you trying to fight the boss. Maybe, after watching, someone could suggest a different approach other than what you've been using.

it's not a matter of how i'm playing it, it's stat related so a video wouldn't really help i wouldn't think :( and i'd rather not attempt the fight again until i have a good enough reason to. i don't want to deal with that frustration again and i don't want to waste any items, i literally get one-shot by it
  • KedaruiKedarui
    edited January 18, 2023
    nuckelavee

its a long time since you commented this but no, i still haven't defeated it. honestly i've lost all hope of ever getting past it which makes me sad because i play this game for the story. the difficulty gating in this game is absolutely ridiculous and it's made even worse by the fact you can't even bring friends to help anymore.

i don't have any tips to give and i'd say i'm worse off than you are since my cumulative level is way below yours (a bit over 7000) :(
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Niought wrote: »
    So, not clicking the spoiler boxes because I'm not at that part of the game, I'm actually stuck on...g21 or something. I took a break on it since I was having issues with the boss, but looking at your stats, I've noticed your hp is lower than mine (I have like, 2000 and something). So I'll just tell you some skills that can help raise stats that should in turn, help you get stronger.

Life skills, for starters is a huge hp boost. Hoeing, cow milking, carpentry stuff like that, they can give a lot of hp. Transformation does give lots of hp too, though admittedly I haven't even touched on that much. I heard the gun skills also give a lot of hp and...strength, I think, and I feel like Ninja has similar stats, but I'm not too certain about those too. Chains I've noticed gives some hp too, though I'm guessing you use that one a lot, since you're using a good chain blade. Leveling things that give extra strength is a great idea too. I found a reddit post or something with a list of skills that make you stronger, hp wise and strength, but unfortunately, idk how to really find it now. But like I said, life skills are a good thing to touch up on, and blacksmithing too probably.

As a grandmaster mage, I wanted to raise my stats and become stronger since we start out pretty squishy, but getting tougher with those magic skills are pretty awesome, cause fireball meteor, stuff like that do so much damage. Plus mana shield can take in a good bit of damage, especially when you have a lot of mp. Not saying you have to switch entirely to magic, or at all, but they could be really helpful to move things along.

my low health, i'm assuming, is because i'm an elf :') my main talent is chain slash and i've gotten pretty much every skill to rank 1 in that field so i can't get any more hp from there sadly. i also have most life skills at high ranks, can't tell you what number off the top of my head but i started training just about everything since i struggled to get through g21 so much

i've held off on leveling ninja tho cuz i don't enjoy playing it so maybe i could start working on that and hope it helps. i noticed that the game reset my gunslinger skills without my input for some reason so maybe i can get some extra benefit from there too. it's so annoying that you have to level everything if you want to get through the story these days. i miss when you could bring friends into missions T_T
  • KedaruiKedarui
    nuckelavee

I managed to defeat it last night! Basically, spam Final Hit, Meteor Strike, Magnum Shot, Arrow Revolver, and Bachram Explosion whenever the skills are “ready.” You can use other skills to hit the boss while you’re waiting. I used smash, windmill, thunder, etc. I also brought lots of potions, guardian stones, and nao stones prepared (I went in with 90 nao and 12 guardian stones.) because those tornadoes really catch you off guard and can kill you. Using Final Hit after a guardian stone revival and/or when transformed as Paladin/Dark Knight may help a lot to get its HP down. All these skills I used are rank1 for me, so you might have to rank these up to r1 if not already done so. In summary:

Skills (rank1): Final Hit (Guardian Stone Revival/Dark Knight), Meteor Strike, Magnum Shot, Arrow Revolver, and Bachram Explosion, Smash, Windmill, Thunder

Technique: Hit and Run (I basically ran in circles and hit whenever the boss just used a skill. It was only when I became impatient that my avatar died…Oops!). Run from tornadoes & hit the pillars when the boss flees!

Items/Weapons: HP 100/300 potions (a lot), HP/Stamina 300 potions, HP/MP 100/300 potions, 90 nao stones, 12 guardian stones, 2 Demonic Death Knight Swords, Stinger Chain Blade (Spirit Weapon), Black Dragon Knight’s Bow

My stats and weapons are ok since I just play this game for the fashion and not really for strength and combat, so I hope this helps. :)

i wish i could use final hit dual swords and paladin/dark knight but unfortunately i'm an elf lol
    they really don't make it easy for non-human players huh. i should invest in more magic. and they REALLY need to nerf those tornados