Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

To Erg Level 35

FluoretteFluorette
Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
in Help
Hi. I'm trying to get a staff to Erg level 35, meaning it's currently sitting at 34. It seems like no matter the item I put up for sacrificial purposes, it only offers a measly 1036 EXP... somewhere around that. Previously, I was able to able to level it just fine by offering Step 2-5 Trinity staves, then Step 4-5 Savage Fire/Lightning/Ice wands when the staves weren't offering much.

I have tried Step 4-6 (R/red and S/blue) Trinity staves, Step 4-5 Savage wands, a Step 4 Celtic Druid staff, and a Step 4 cylinder and bow. None of them seem to be good enough.

I tried searching online for an Erg leveling guide/reference, but could not find anything. The Wiki doesn't go in depth about this, either. What am I supposed to sacrifice to get my level 34 staff to 35?

Would appreciate a response before all the free Rusty Hammers I hoarded from the last event expire! Thanks!

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Time is ticking, indeed!

I now realize this may be a better question to direct over the discord server.
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    First things first: Store bought items are worth 10 points. No matter what. Don't use them, except for the primary sacrifice per set.

So, the thing that matters by FAR the most is the number of reforge lines.

An item with no upgrades, no enchants, nothing like that with a 3 line reforge is worth about 58,327 points.

The trick is to just get a giant to punch trees, and collect broken logs. They're a weapon, and they're not store bought, so they're great in that regard.

Then just reforge them. Throw out one liners.

Two liners are worth like 7.5k points. Three liners are worth nearly 60k points.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Edetha wrote: »
    First things first: Store bought items are worth 10 points. No matter what. Don't use them, except for the primary sacrifice per set.

So, the thing that matters by FAR the most is the number of reforge lines.

An item with no upgrades, no enchants, nothing like that with a 3 line reforge is worth about 58,327 points.

The trick is to just get a giant to punch trees, and collect broken logs. They're a weapon, and they're not store bought, so they're great in that regard.

Then just reforge them. Throw out one liners.

Two liners are worth like 7.5k points. Three liners are worth nearly 60k points.

The Savage Wands, Druid Staff (and the wand too; I recently tried), and bow were all crafted. In the Erg interface, these items are shown to have lots of Erg exp. It's just that once I put them up for sacrifice, .... it doesn't translate.

I've heard about the broken logs. I was hoping for a method that can bring you to level 35 in one-shot, just as I was doing with the Step X staves/wands prior to this, but if that's the best option at this point, I'll look into it.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    I tried a 3-line log with 58k Erg exp and it still translated to 1028 EXP. Are there certain weapons that reach their max at 34, and are just not meant to be upgraded further?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I tried a 3-line log with 58k Erg exp and it still translated to 1028 EXP. Are there certain weapons that reach their max at 34, and are just not meant to be upgraded further?

It's time to break.
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited July 8, 2023
    At every erg level divisible by 5, you need to do what's called a 'break' to go further.

Break attempts aren't guaranteed to work. There's some materials consumed on failure, and some materials consumed only on success.

How did you get to 35 without knowing how breaks work? You'll need one to go beyond 5.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    I know what that is and what you're both talking about. The interface was very straightforward when indicating it is time to do so, as it would have the materials needed to proceed listed out plus that meager percentage of its success rate. It's not showing any of that; it's the typical screen to upgrade the erg weapon to the next level.

I was under the impression that that happens from 35 moving onto 36. I'm at level 34 trying to move onto 35.

:| am I missing something very obvious here?