[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small rant.

Comments

  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,900
    Posts: 519
    Member
    I mean... I guess I'm neutral about people selling things for Paypal? On one hand, I don't really blame people for wanting to make back real money. But on the other, it is against the ToS, and it is really annoying when you want a specific item but it's only being sold for real cash. I've seen wings selling for like $200 real cash, so like...

    That and I hate how rude some people can be when they're selling for real cash. I''ve had friends tell me how other players have yelled at them for offering gold and not PayPal. There are people who, as soon as there's an offer on their item for gold, suddenly they only want PayPal, and when no one offers real money, keeps switching back and forth.
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Also mabi gm and cm DO know who is selling things with real cash since the sales are everywhere. They just choose not to do anything about it.

    ^ also that. The only time they take action is if someone reports the player, other than that they seem to leave it alone...
    Greta
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    HCLW wrote: »
    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

    You will care about these problems, because this game got an inflation that is increasing really fast with all that gold selling/buying and alt spamming. I hate when people are being ignorant about things that seem not right or okay at all and later when they get affected by it, they finally wake up and start to do some action, but it will be probably too late already if that ever happens...

    Capitalism, seems you don't understand that, or your just feigning that you do not. game has problems but inflation at least on the server i play on Ruairi its not a problem. so pardon me for being "ignorant" and not seeing a problem where there is none
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,315
    Posts: 6,547
    Member
    @AlmostNotsuper

    Wait wait wait...you're against me proposing against potential witch hunts towards players who -might- be conducting illegal activities, but gold selling is ok. Ok then.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Posts: 57
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    What we need is a mixture of both approaches.
    -Force players to link accounts to a phone number or something (might as well implement 2-step authorization in the process)
    -Nerf players - their reforges, primarily - so they can't solo content with meaningful rewards so easily (Pretty sure a bot with decent stats and a good FH set can carry a couple more bots through Conflict at this point, and I actually suspect one of these suspicious groups is doing this)
    -Nerf content rewards (at least gold rewards) to make sure no significant amount of gold is given unless a certain amount of time/difficulty is invested/overcome
    -Buff monsters so a significant portion of them aggro and actually attack before they get nuked. This is a big reason why stuff like Conflict is so easily done nowadays, to begin with.
    -Improve overall Quality of Life in the game, so there's less reason to even make more accounts (This applies to em-words too by the way: add more in-game options to lessen lag, and most people won't bother with them). Stuff like increasing storage space so there's no reason to make a new account for bank space, making sure certain items can't be traded. They've actually done a pretty good job of this as of late; I know they can't take it too far 'cause storage is a large part of the reason people spend moneys on this game.

    - No Please just no. Logging into this game is already a pain and I think you forget who you are dealing with, every other time Nexon implements some new security feature I end up not being able to play the game. In fact I STILL can't launch from Nexon Launcher because of some unresolved launch problem from roughly a year ago... so Nexon Quality.
    - Somehow I don't think massive nerfs are the solution, certain skills sure but I think most players would react negatively to huge nerfs.
    - Aside from maybe hitting conflict I think SMs would be fine if they stopped giving us shadow crystals.
    - As long as its not on the level of Alban then sure, although lullaby/raincast might make this point moot.
    - I find the constant complaints about storage space to be absurd considering how much we have. Maybe its just one of those 'back in my day moments' but I would have killed when I started this game for a lux bag, and somehow people are still not satisfied with inventories that fill their entire screen. Also items that can't be traded amongst alts REALLY SUCKS for players who seriously use their alts. It is so frustrating having some upgrade stones or rusty hammers you got in some event stuck on a character who doesn't need them while another one of your characters could seriously use them.
    HCLW wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    HCLW wrote: »
    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

    You will care about these problems, because this game got an inflation that is increasing really fast with all that gold selling/buying and alt spamming. I hate when people are being ignorant about things that seem not right or okay at all and later when they get affected by it, they finally wake up and start to do some action, but it will be probably too late already if that ever happens...

    Capitalism, seems you don't understand that, or your just feigning that you do not. game has problems but inflation at least on the server i play on Ruairi its not a problem. so pardon me for being "ignorant" and not seeing a problem where there is none

    Inflation is actually a pretty big problem on Alexina. Allowing people to acquire unintended amounts of gold drives up prices and floods the market since there is no limit to how much gold can be generated. Gold sinks are already laughably out of date even without spamming alts thanks to shadow crystals and power creep.
    Greta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,615
    Posts: 265
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds.

    Yeah, it would. At least then they'd be making an effort to hide it; right now they don't, and it seems like Nexon doesn't even care. Wouldn't solve the problem though.

    And if they're regular players just trolling, then they're literally getting what they've asked for.
    to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

    You mean 'You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain?' rolleyes.png

    The problem is that the money generated by these activities doesn't exist in a vacuum. We're all competing over the same resources here. In the short term (and the long term too, it'll actually get worse over time as long as they don't stop), players who do this get an unfair advantage over players who don't. In the long term, gold gets inflated (and the value of whatever other items they've been farming drops, if they decide to sell them; a minor benefit). Not only this, but the game simply becomes more difficult to manage, as a result of vastly widening the range of gold generation among the playerbase. It's the same issue as reforges - how do you create content that's doable for the average player, and still challenging and engaging for the player that deals 5-10 times the average players DPS with the same stats? Hint:You can't. Same thing with gold, although the gold issue is a little less straightforward thanks to the majority of items worth purchasing being on the player market. Near as I can tell, the main problem here is that inflation is rampant, and that it's difficult to make any goldsinks that are actually worth the gold and take any significant amount of gold out of circulation.

    Anyway, even if you consider inflation a non-issue, there's still that problem of these players having an unfair advantage over others.
    Gaea wrote: »
    @AlmostNotsuper

    Wait wait wait...you're against me proposing against potential witch hunts towards players who -might- be conducting illegal activities, but gold selling is ok. Ok then.

    I wish you'd reply to what I said, rather than an oversimplification of what I said. I did tell you, I'm not trying to single you out specifically. But what even is the significance of the term 'witch hunt' here? As I said, the players can't do anything, and Nexon won't just do anything at a whim. What are you people even cautioning against?

    "Oh no, if players keep reporting these people who merely look suspicious, they might get investigated!"
    "Oh dear. You know, I heard my uncle's cousin's wife's father's brother's barber got investigated once - he barely survived."

    As for the gold selling thing, if you read my post, I did specify on an individual basis only. Some creep with a fleet of bots selling gold on some site? They're going to break the game, also they're really annoying - not ok. Some guy running multiple computers/clients to get more gold for no reason? They're going to break the game too - not ok. Some random player who gets gold in ordinary amounts, the normal way, decides to sell some of their gold on occasion? Meh. Not great, but not as broken as these other groups, and much more of a pain to get rid of, at least compared to the obvious bots. Try to understand also that these groups are not mutually exclusive. The lone gold selling player just happens to be the simplest and least harmful form, and I think it's much more realistic to limit people to this than to get rid of them entirely (though that would be a dream come true). The game was built to handle them, at least - this is why we're all limited in how much gold we can obtain, by various factors.
    IyasenuGreta
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,315
    Posts: 6,547
    Member
    My concern is that it might trigger a mass ban. We don't need that. Nexon has a history of banning the wrong people.

    Gold selling is gold selling. There is no gray area.

    Not everything has to be a wall of text.
    badnewsbarrett
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,615
    Posts: 265
    Member
    edited April 7, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Gold selling is gold selling. There is no gray area.

    Not everything has to be a wall of text.

    I suppose I do have a tendency to ramble. =3=; I'll try to keep this short this time.

    I don't believe the act of selling gold is inherently bad (this is entirely subjective), but it has a negative effect on the game, and that's the problem. A single player playing the game with a single account and without botting cannot do much harm though, since they're only making as much gold as anyone was ever intended to be able to make. If you can think of another reason why gold selling shouldn't be done, then I'd love to see it. Your argument thus far has been, 'Gold selling is bad because gold selling is bad'.

    Anyway, it's one thing to limit how many accounts people can make and use, and another entirely to eliminate gold selling. I don't think Nexon is capable of fully erasing the problem, so I suggested methods to make it less of a problem. While there is no gray area, some forms of gold selling are more harmful than others.
    Greta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,830
    Posts: 2,509
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    HCLW wrote: »
    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

    You will care about these problems, because this game got an inflation that is increasing really fast with all that gold selling/buying and alt spamming. I hate when people are being ignorant about things that seem not right or okay at all and later when they get affected by it, they finally wake up and start to do some action, but it will be probably too late already if that ever happens...

    Capitalism, seems you don't understand that, or your just feigning that you do not. game has problems but inflation at least on the server i play on Ruairi its not a problem. so pardon me for being "ignorant" and not seeing a problem where there is none

    Ruari is not as crowded as Alexina. Definitely not as much. There is also a possibility you do not notice. I can attest that there are several aspiring newbs selling reforges.

    There may be a couple of explanations, with the general least scrupulous result being that people are hogging market spots at least. (Again, a problem on Alexina where spots can be hard to come by in the market channel). From my knowledge, I do not think you can be logged into the game on multiple computers on the same account, but it is possible enough they bought it on one account and sold it on another, and try to establish legitimacy via naming characters sensible names, rather than "adsjdanahad".
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Posts: 758
    Member
    edited April 7, 2017
    Well kind of like saga 2 ep 6 before nerf. People do that episode a lot that they didn't do any other content.

    Well if they actually allowed 1 player + 3 alt spamming shadow mission day and night then pretty much its going to be the same thing.

    If this is not stoped then more people going to apply this method too. After a while the server is going to be so flooded with gold that new gacha item in the market would be priced so high that every other player would be forced to do the same thing too.

    Frustrated peeps would say screw it B> new shiny item $45 send me a pm

    And nexon solution would be~
    Content update!
    We will make things10x more tedious with X10 the gold reward.
    Thats not all!
    New gacha, 1 random item plus guaranteed crystal that increase 1000% gold and exp reward. Get yours now! Limited item for 30 days.

    This insanity happen nearly every year
    Greta
  • lxerollxerol
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited April 7, 2017
    People are strong enough to spam shadow missions for easy money and nerfing them wont do anything but literally stop people from doing them in general, because other content exists that would get them profit instead (just like saga 2 ep 6)... Increasing difficulty on shadow missions wont do this game any good either, since the only point of difficulty the combat system is able to reach with our broken skills is just advanced heavy stander + extreme amounts of hp + extreme amounts of damage.

    The system's dug itself too deep into a hole for any real change to be accepted, but one possible solution would be to turn SM gold rewards into daily rewards, and have sell-able rewards (not the trash you currently get from SM chests) drop from farming to keep inflation down, but profits up.
    Greta
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Posts: 758
    Member
    lxerol wrote: »
    People are strong enough to spam shadow missions for easy money and nerfing them wont do anything but literally stop people from doing them in general, because other content exists that would get them profit instead (just like saga 2 ep 6)... Increasing difficulty on shadow missions wont do this game any good either, since the only point of difficulty the combat system is able to reach with our broken skills is just advanced heavy stander + extreme amounts of hp + extreme amounts of damage.

    The system's dug itself too deep into a hole for any real change to be accepted, but one possible solution would be to turn SM gold rewards into daily rewards, and have sell-able rewards (not the trash you currently get from SM chests) drop from farming to keep inflation down, but profits up.

    Nah no one said nerf shadow mission.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,690
    Posts: 342
    Member
    not that i dont disagree, but the GMs can barely take care of bot spaming in dunby which i have to black list 3 a day...(funny part is once i do black list about 3 their piratically all gone till tomorrow... i know the GM are busy with tickets... and i dont blame them, im sure in their working state their more demanded to take care of tickets then being visibly helpful in game...

    I rather have the option to send a ticket and send a suggestion to divide "in game GMs" and "ticket support". becuase so far from what im seeing theirs a extreme lack of in game support, but a abundance for ticket support.
    Greta
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,880
    Posts: 154
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    So now tell me, what do you think about these similar looking group of players? They are on same guild, their name looks very similar to each other and they look like all alts standing on Taillteann Stonehenge.

    258b1qo.png

    Seriously, i even see a bunch of alts standing next to Peddler in most channels. Of course, getting x4, x6 or even more rewards than a regular player with 1 account would. It really concerns me when i think about how this game economy is messed up because of things like this.

    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

    Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with it.the problem with this is that these kind of people make 100s of Mil within a day and then players who gacha see these kinds of people with that amount of gold try to sell items for outrageous prices that only they can afford. then guess what? it has the nasty side effect of preventing us players with 1 computer, not enough time, and not alot of gold from getting those times. my Perm fox tail i could barely get but a friend cut me a deal that id have to just pay her 15m now and then pay her in either gold or NX gradually over time. otherwise it would've run me like 50-70M. just for a Fox tail to make my char actually look like a fox girl.

    its not about jealousy is about fairness and letting greed and problem like this dictate a games economy. because when people see these people buying these items for so much they think they can jump on the bandwagon too thus making it all cost the same amount.

    while someone who has like 4 chars and multi client/Run multiple computer's And spams conflict for hours on end getting tons of gold while the average player with 1 PC has less then 100k because he just had to pay for 150k in repairs. i cant even buy a few items i like because i only have 1m in the bank over 3 weeks build up because im constantly suffering from crashes. because it makes buying things off other players a living nightmare.

    it also has the real unfortunate side effect of scaring new players off. because they join do some stuff and then come across the outrageous prices players have set on items and then they see just how little they make a week into the game and they are like "Wow. itl take me a lifetime to be able to afford this stuff....i quit" its disheartening because mabi needs new players and the jacked up economy we have now doesnt help in the slightest.
    GretaAlmostNotsuperDaktaro
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,020
    Posts: 312
    Member
    edited April 9, 2017
    the average player with 1 PC has less then 100k because he just had to pay for 150k in repairs.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,415
    Posts: 5,734
    Member
    edited April 9, 2017
    its not about jealousy is about fairness and letting greed and problem like this dictate a games economy. because when people see these people buying these items for so much they think they can jump on the bandwagon too thus making it all cost the same amount.

    ^^^^^^^^^^ This. People who say that others are jealous because of obvious problems sound really childish to me to be honest. I also don't like when some people try to overprice or overpay items that obviously are not worth such amount, which really ruins market, it's really saddening.
    it also has the real unfortunate side effect of scaring new players off. because they join do some stuff and then come across the outrageous prices players have set on items and then they see just how little they make a week into the game and they are like "Wow. itl take me a lifetime to be able to afford this stuff....i quit" its disheartening because mabi needs new players and the jacked up economy we have now doesnt help in the slightest.

    And also this. When i was newbie, i almost did quit Mabinogi because of that reason, but thanks to my bf and some nice friends i have met in this game, a such thing didn't happen. They helped me in so many ways and also gave/bought me some stuff. If that wouldn't have happened, i probably would have stopped playing Mabinogi in about 1 week. I also saw so many newbies who played this game for only few days and disappeared, never logging in ever again. I assume they didn't like how this game is too hard for starters, especially when it comes to missions and gold.
    XiokunAlmostNotsuper
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,315
    Posts: 6,547
    Member
    This is probably the reason why we will never see 50m housing. NA is deliberately not releasing it in a attempt to prevent further inflation.

    It's stupid.
  • YokotiYokoti
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    Posts: 37
    Member
    I'm really bad at gold farming. 10000 gold is alot for me
  • KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited April 9, 2017
    427666745e.png
    People on my server just talk about it nonchalantly...
    Name blacked out so it doesn't get removed.
    GretabadnewsbarrettXiokun
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,615
    Posts: 818
    Member
    it also has the real unfortunate side effect of scaring new players off. because they join do some stuff and then come across the outrageous prices players have set on items and then they see just how little they make a week into the game and they are like "Wow. itl take me a lifetime to be able to afford this stuff....i quit" its disheartening because mabi needs new players and the jacked up economy we have now doesnt help in the slightest.
    No lie here. I joined like about 8 months ago so yea I joined really really late, and I am so discouraged by the lack of new players and how OP a majority of the players looks. Especially those that love to afk in Dunby. I felt so noobie. I was baffled about the fact that usually hundreds of k is considered normal in shops when I barely has 10k gold. Don't even get me started on the items that are worth millions. I was thinking 'I will never afford this.' Thankfully I found a better way to make money and slowly work my way up. Only because Mabi is exactly the type of mmorpg I always wanted to play that I have the motivation to keep playing.
    Greta
  • CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Posts: 37
    Member
    To be honest, my only problem is the inflation that went all crazy...
    Some items that were 2m once upon a time are now 20m
    The cheapest tail you might get lucky to find is around 40m
    Wings, well let's not go there we have wings that are in the 100m mark if they look awesome with the wings gacha making the price drop to around 2m mark for crappy wings and every other rare wing is either too awesome to sell or just too expensive to sell...

    I am glad I got friends though, they give me stuff or make me earn the stuff in other ways...
    I even had one friend who just asked me to help them to well just act as a decoy since my damage too low, but I was able to ice spear freeze a few so they could have time to cast their spells and wipe out everything

    I do shadow missions too, but I can only do about fifteen to maximum thirty conflicts without being killed by boredom
    I wish the other shadow missions paid more like the ones you fight tons of different monsters and can have fun teaming up and killing everything rather then one FH killing all things in the dungeon. My one friend can Final Hit wipe out Conflict Hard Mode... One Skill Kills Them All

    But she said it makes it too easy and she hates conflict...