Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Getting around without the Moonbook..

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in Help
So I thought all you need to do to get access to all the moongates is to save the moongate by clicking them. I didnt realized it's more complicated than that. A random player asked me to get him to cor when I reached qilla moon gate which puzzles me because the moon gate is just right there? Anyway I took him to Cor, clicked the moongate to save it but theres no option to go to Cor @.@ All the moongates available in the moonbook is not all visible at the map when you click the moongate. So how to go to the places that is not on the map? Im human if it makes any difference.

Just planning life when I feel like to exceed level 1k because nexon discriminates us in the potential system..

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    If you already lost the moongate traveler's book, then the only way you'll be able to get to the rest of the mana tunnels in Iria is by traveling there yourself. Unfortunately, unlike elves and giants, humans do not automatically have prominent mana tunnels in each region automatically recorded even when they haven't visited said mana tunnels yet.

If you still have the moongate traveler's book, when you go to any mana tunnel or moongate, make sure you click on it so it'll be recorded on your map. You'll only have to click once.
  • ShouKShouK
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    If you still have the moongate traveler's book, when you go to any mana tunnel or moongate, make sure you click on it so it'll be recorded on your map. You'll only have to click once.
    I still have the book, and I already clicked on it. But some mana tunnel, like Cor's is not recorded on the map. I can't find it anywhere.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    IaWpk48.png
    That's where the Cor Village Mana Tunnel is located. Try going back and clicking on it again. If it still doesn't show up on your map, send a support ticket.
  • ShouKShouK
    edited April 16, 2017
    IaWpk48.png
    That's where the Cor Village Mana Tunnel is located. Try going back and clicking on it again. If it still doesn't show up on your map, send a support ticket.

How..can I get that map? Whenever I click the moongate, it always shows this map
    00HRJ-dd1ef5ca-524e-43a6-b0fd-571ce989f7e4.png
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ShouK wrote: »
    IaWpk48.png

How..can I get that map? Whenever I click the moongate, it always shows this map

Because you are using Moongate. You need to use Manna Tunnel in Iria island.
    Tsumuku
  • ShouKShouK
    Greta wrote: »
    Because you are using Moongate. You need to use Manna Tunnel in Iria island.
    So in order to access to that map, have to go to any mana tunnel.....manually? Like flying on pets?
  • PearpadPearpad
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    edited April 16, 2017
    The only way is to teleport to Iria in order to access mana tunnels as far as I know.
    Or ask someone with a moonbook to teleport you there and then he'll go back to w/e he was.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Hit N to open your actions menu.
    Use the Continent Warp action.
    You can teleport between Uladh, Belvast Island, and Iria.
    Pick the Iria continent.
    Using the power of moving one leg in front of the other, walk to a Mana Tunnel.
    Use Mana Tunnel.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    If you still have the moonlight traveler's book, then you can teleport to any mana tunnel in Iria at any time. It'll have the words 'mana tunnel' next to the destination in Iria.
  • ShouKShouK
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Pick the Iria continent.
    Use Mana Tunnel.
    According to wiki, continent warp "can only be used once until the timer resets. The timer resets at 12:00 PM and 12:00 AM in-game time." Is this true?
    If you still have the moonlight traveler's book, then you can teleport to any mana tunnel in Iria at any time. It'll have the words 'mana tunnel' next to the destination in Iria.
    You..don't really understand my question ^^; Thanks though for trying to help
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Pick the Iria continent.
    Use Mana Tunnel.
    According to wiki, continent warp "can only be used once until the timer resets. The timer resets at 12:00 PM and 12:00 AM in-game time." Is this true?
    Unless you have Premium or VIP subscription, which removes the limitations, you can only use the Continent Warp function once between midnight to noon, and once noon to midnight in-game time.

Greta
  • ShouKShouK
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Pick the Iria continent.
    Use Mana Tunnel.
    Unless you have Premium or VIP subscription, which removes the limitations, you can only use the Continent Warp function once between midnight to noon, and once noon to midnight in-game time.
    Wow, that really sucks. I always travel between mana tunnel and the moongates back and forth so I would really hate to waste my limited real life time just to wait for the cooldown. I guesss I'm not going anywhere above 1k then soon. Hopefully the next update will give players above 1k that moonbook.

Thanks to all the answers!
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Just to remind you that a Erinn day is only 36 minutes real life.... meaning you only have to wait 18 minutes cooldown at most. If you are changing continent for less than 20 minutes you might be doing something wrong xD

And if ever you need to bypass that there is 2-3 tricks that you can use:

Both ways:

1. Having an Imp pet or 2 would be the easiest... Imp pet allows you to save a location and teleport to that location but also:
    2. Taking the boat (might be a bit long I don't remember... you can fish while on the boat I think)

Uladh to Iria

1. Any Healer in Uladh will sell Hot Spring coupon for 5000 gold. So if you REALLY need to go to Iria immediatly and you are on cooldown you can use a Hot Spring coupon to teleport.
    2. If by any chance it is Dragon time... you can teleport to Iria via the Dragon messenger in Dunbarton

Iria to Uladh

1. I think it requires having started G19... but you can make a Squad (16-person party) and use the "Move" function in the Squad menu (resets every 18 minutes too I think) that will teleport to Emain Macha

PS: Do note that although Belvast is considered a continent and you can teleport to it, the moongate from Uladh and Belvast are connected. So you can use the arrow on the left or right of the continent map to change the view from Belvast to Uladh and vice versa and teleport from one to the other.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 17, 2017
    Nafrayu wrote: »
    Just to remind you that a Erinn day is only 36 minutes real life.... meaning you only have to wait 18 minutes cooldown at most. If you are changing continent for less than 20 minutes you might be doing something wrong xD

And if ever you need to bypass that there is 2-3 tricks that you can use:

Both ways:

1. Having an Imp pet or 2 would be the easiest... Imp pet allows you to save a location and teleport to that location but also:
    2. Taking the boat (might be a bit long I don't remember... you can fish while on the boat I think)

Uladh to Iria

1. Any Healer in Uladh will sell Hot Spring coupon for 5000 gold. So if you REALLY need to go to Iria immediatly and you are on cooldown you can use a Hot Spring coupon to teleport.
    2. If by any chance it is Dragon time... you can teleport to Iria via the Dragon messenger in Dunbarton

Iria to Uladh

1. I think it requires having started G19... but you can make a Squad (16-person party) and use the "Move" function in the Squad menu (resets every 18 minutes too I think) that will teleport to Emain Macha

PS: Do note that although Belvast is considered a continent and you can teleport to it, the moongate from Uladh and Belvast are connected. So you can use the arrow on the left or right of the continent map to change the view from Belvast to Uladh and vice versa and teleport from one to the other.

^ Best guide. I have been doing such things for years too. Don't lose your game progress just for a stupid book that gives you a few seconds/minutes shorter traveling, it's not like that you will need move from Uladh to Iria back and forth every few minutes anyway.