Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Changing ego name during transfer

NotkanamiNotkanami
Mabinogi Rep: 660
in Help
I want to go from a 2-handed sword (f) to a one handed sword (f).
But I want a new name for it. Will Dorren even cooperate or do I really need to go through a double transfer for something so trivial?

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I switched from a Long Bow (M) to a Tikka Healing Wand (F) and was able to switch names during the transfer. So you should be able to transfer the spirit into a new weapon and change the name all in one go.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    According to the wiki, you are only able to rename the weapon through a different-type transfer.
  • NotkanamiNotkanami
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    Thanks, Dorren indeed can use the same type of weapon if you just wish to change the gender or name of your spirit while transferring to the same type. I edited the wiki to reflect this