Check out the P.E.T. Part 2 preview site: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/pet/part2
Check out the patch notes for the July 16th update, P.E.T. Part 1: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23332/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best tank for divine link

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in Help
Some say gio, some say scooter imp, then i checked phoenix.
Phoenix have 50 protection.... So is that mean phoenix is the best tank ?

Comments

• JackflapsJackflaps
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    My bone dragon has 71 protection. Haven't found any higher yet.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    edited May 20, 2017
    Jackflaps wrote: »

Wait, 71 protection ?
    I thought bone dragon have like 8 protection.
    Which bone dragon is that ?
    Mind posting some screenie of the stat ?
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,180
    Liyeta wrote: »

Wait, 71 protection ?

He was most likely referring to having 71 protection when linked because no pet has no more than 50 protection naturally. Still, 71 when linked isn't very high.

I would go Scooter Imp for convenience.
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    For the info... Pet protection when linked is (Pet protection + Pet level)

So if bone dragon has 8 protection naturally, her dragon is oonly lvl 63.

A lvl 200 dragon will have 208 protection and lvl 200 phoenix will get 250.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    200 protection alone is a lot according to the wiki. The difference between 208 and 250 protection is a 6% damage reduction.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    edited May 20, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »

Wait, 71 protection ?

He was most likely referring to having 71 protection when linked because no pet has no more than 50 protection naturally. Still, 71 when linked isn't very high.

I would go Scooter Imp for convenience.

Hmm i used scooter imp for the same reason.
    Phoenix might be pretty okay but really slow. Maybe its good for abyss or such.
    Nafrayu wrote: »
    For the info... Pet protection when linked is (Pet protection + Pet level)

So if bone dragon has 8 protection naturally, her dragon is oonly lvl 63.

A lvl 200 dragon will have 208 protection and lvl 200 phoenix will get 250.

I dont think this is true, since my lvl 200 scooter imp have 245ish protection
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    I dunno it might have a special skill giving him protection... if you just summoned it, the scooter summoning skill might boost its protection.

But I have leveled a bone dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 120 (before golden cap) and monitored it's protection with divine link and it went up exactly 1 protection with divine link for every level it gained. (Divine Link rank 1)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,800
    Nafrayu wrote: »
    I dunno it might have a special skill giving him protection... if you just summoned it, the scooter summoning skill might boost its protection.

But I have leveled a bone dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 120 (before golden cap) and monitored it's protection with divine link and it went up exactly 1 protection with divine link for every level it gained. (Divine Link rank 1)

The wiki's page on Divine Link has a table to find out exactly how much Divine Link boosts any one of your pets stats.

The reason you think it went up 1 protection for every level, is because it almost does at r1.
    Rank 1 Divine Link boosts the pet's protection by 1.2x it's level.
    So 1.2 prot per level, not just 1.
    NafrayuLiyetaHindsight
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Clearly it's the crystal deer drinking all the mana pots you pour into your hands.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 20, 2017
    scooter imp is considered the best cause it has a passive skill that lowers the def, or was it prot of enemies in the area as well as a good HP pool, and really high def
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited May 20, 2017
    My scooter imp has 243 (linked) If a phoenix has about 30 more (base) than that then it probably has a different of about 4% physical dmg resistance.
    Level up stats also play a big part in how good your pet is for linking. So unless you have an age 1 phoenix on hand it may be better to get a scooter imp. (unless your patient for a rerelease).
    Also scooter imps get an additional 50HP from leveling straight to 200 (age 1).
    Ultimately the trade-offs for tanking are small, but theres also a different in non-tank stats. Namely STR and Stam (Scooter Imp) vs Int and Mana (flaming chicken)
    With link a portion of your pets stats is given to you, so depending on whether you want more STR or more INT one pet may be better for you than the other. (note these stats do not go over the stat cap)
    Source is all mabi wiki.
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    does the scooter imp revive itself after it dies? like nimbus or the regular scooter? (I have it in whistle form still).
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,800
    Nichee wrote: »
    does the scooter imp revive itself after it dies? like nimbus or the regular scooter? (I have it in whistle form still).

Yeah it, does.
    But bear in mind, any pet that would desummon on death, like Nimbus, Scooter, etc, will not do that while they are Linked.

Instead, they'll lie down with a feather up, like any other pet.

Though, you can always unlock and use the Sacred Revival subskill for Divine Link.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Nichee wrote: »

wait reg scooter doesnt enter feather mode o.o wahhh
  • SeyrenLKSeyrenLK
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    edited May 21, 2017
    Well I don't know type of tanking is in your mind but I'll vote for sprite and owl, if you mount/unified with them you get their guardian oath passive.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,480
    dUW3bmo.png

Phoenix is the tankiest pet, if you have fire erg crystals, you can fully revive in Phantasm.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    To my understanding, Bone Dragon and Fallen Fairy are two of the strongest pets in the game, boasting the highest stats of available pets.
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    The 9-tailed Fox from MapleStory :)
  • GeluberserkGeluberserk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    edited May 21, 2017
    암호 wrote: »
    The 9-tailed Fox from MapleStory :)

Hey, it's cool you really like that pet, but when someone is asking for advice, especially when using the words "best," it's probably better to answer their question.

On topic.

The, strictly, "tankiest" pet would be the Phoenix. It's one of the pets with the highest HP pool (400 base) and the highest protection (50.0 base). Both Bone Dragon and Fallen Fairy offer the best mix of Tankiness and Stat gain, and the Scooter is tier below BD and FF but offers a priceless DEF/PROT debuff aura, though if you do party play a lot, I think, only one person needs this pet.

As an aside: The nimbus rivals the phoenix in protection, but it's not worth using a lv200 pot if anyone is considering it. Not only does it not gain stats on levelup, it doesn't age either, so there is 0 reason to pot it up. Secondly, you will NOT gain DEF/PROT on Divine Link.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,765
    Which pets don't age?