Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Impossible to obtain dungeon pass

rensheanrenshean
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
I recently started playing again and I wanted to rank up first aid. I farmed math for the past day to try to get an advanced for 3 pass. Not a single pass for any dungeon has been dropped. Did the dungeon rework affect the pass drop rate? I even bought 15 math dungeon pass boxes and all of them came out basic. Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited December 22, 2016
    That dungeon no longer exists but regular advanced now rewards all other advanced items as far as has been documented

.......unless basic is the new advanced ?
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited December 22, 2016
    That's just abysmal luck :[ The chests still drop advanced passes. Fairly sure the pass boxes drop them too. If you have an unrestricted dungeon pass, you can drop that on the altar and choose to go into Math Adv for 3.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 22, 2016
    renshean
    renshean said:

I recently started playing again and I wanted to rank up first aid. I farmed math for the past day to try to get an advanced for 3 pass. Not a single pass for any dungeon has been dropped. Did the dungeon rework affect the pass drop rate? I even bought 15 math dungeon pass boxes and all of them came out basic. Anyone have any tips?
    The entire dungeon system has been revamped including passes and rewards. Passes with party number restrictions don't exist anymore (though they are now max 4 person I believe). If yoyr looking for a particular drop that came from a 3 person dungeon it will be in a single person dungeon of that same difficulty now. To get a regular dungeon advanced pass you will need to run the normal dungeon to get an intermediate pass then run that to get an advance pass. For hardmode passes you need to get a mangled pass for the dungeon you want (by running regular adv dungeon or a hard mode) and restore it to create a pass for the specific difficulty you want using handcrafting. the stuff you need to use with the mangled pass is sold by the person you will find west of dunbarton between the western pass and rabbie dungeon.

If your trying to get the hellhound skull it drops in the adv dungeon even if solo now apparently.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I can confirm you can get the hellhound skull from plain old Math Advanced now, found one about three weeks ago.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited December 22, 2016
    Kouyioue
    Kouyioue said:

That dungeon no longer exists but regular advanced now rewards all other advanced items as far as has been documented

.......unless basic is the new advanced ?
    When they did the dungeon revamp I was told that the 'for X' runs still existed. While the pass itself doesn't exist it is instead tied to the party size now. So going into advanced with a party of 3 would yield a 'for 3' dungeon equivalent to using an advanced for 3. This would apply to other forms of 'for 2' or 'for 4' types of runs depending on the dungeon.

I could have been fed misinformation but that's what it seemed to be when I'd tried.

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    NasumiRayne

When they did the dungeon revamp I was told that the 'for X' runs still existed. While the pass itself doesn't exist it is instead tied to the party size now. So going into advanced with a party of 3 would yield a 'for 3' dungeon equivalent to using an advanced for 3. This would apply to other forms of 'for 2' or 'for 4' types of runs depending on the dungeon.

I could have been fed misinformation but that's what it seemed to be when I'd tried.
    when i ran barri advanced with 1, 3 and 4 people the boss changed (number of new gremlins you get) so that could back up dungeons being tied to party size now rather than the pass.
    all members had to enter the boss room too like if you got people to drop you in, or if they quit/dcd before boss it would revert to solo dungeon. it's kinda annoying >w>; being forced to drag people with you to get certain instances of a dungeon.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Someone had reported in the old forums that they had it (the hellhound skull) drop in a solo run after the revamp. If I find the thread there I will link it.