Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cant make a Spirit Weapon

ShuneShune
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
So I have been trying to get a spirit weapon to become a dark knight. So I grab a Highlander Long Bow from the Seal shop in Dunbarton and get the proficiency to 100(100%) with the full 16/16 durability. When I try to make it a spirit weapon tarlach says I have no weapon able to be spirited . I have the weapon in my main inventory with all of the elemental removers and two Female Bow Spirit stones. The only thing I could think is that I got the bow from the returnee seal shop but looking at the bow it reads as a normal Highlander Longbow so I am confused.

Comments

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    iirc a highlander bow isn't the correct bow. You need a leather long bow. My spirit weapon is a leather long bow, but I maaay be wrong. Did you check the wiki?
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Does it have any gem upgrades or special upgrades? Or any appearance changes from an appearance change scroll? That's the only thing I can think of that would not allow you to make a spirit weapon.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Maybe also try getting the bow from Nerys in a normal not returnee shop and see if that works?
  • ShuneShune
    edited December 14, 2017
    The bow has no upgrades or appearance changes. The only thing I have done to it is apply holy water to it so the durability degrades slower. I checked the wiki and the site did say that the Highlander Longbow was able to receive a spirit. Maybe the game changed and the wiki was never updated ? If it is because I bought the bow from the returnee shop I wish it would have differentiated the bow in some way to let me know that it could not be spirited. Because it feels like I lost a good chunk of my time getting the bow to 100 prof.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I think you're right, the source of the bow is most likely the problem. I have a HLB spirit on one of my elves, but I had hunted ancients for it.

If possible, try to prof a regularly-obtained HLB (from ancients, ghasts or mission drops; despite what some people think, Nerys doesn't sell them) and see if that bow can be used instead. Bad luck with your current bow, but maybe you can use it as a repair bow in the future... unless the restriction applies to that, too...
  • ShuneShune
    Yeah thats what I will probably end up doing. Thanks for giving me advice on this it sucks that I will have to start over again but ill manage.