[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why is people afk in mabinogi ?

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
in General Chat
Kind of obvious but maybe someone have interesting point of view on this. Maybe even a creative solution to make people more active.

Beside i have not seen community content like maid cafe, festivals, concert, scheduled raid, roleplay, or other in game community gathering in months.

I remember there used to be a lot of this

Comments

• LiyenLiyen
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Sometimes I feel like logging on and not do anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    mintielDarkpixie99LetrieCrimsAavaCinnabunKinsenKambii
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,285
    Liyeta
    Liyeta said:

community content like maid cafe
    The reason there are no maid cafe in na mabi is due to the fact that they aren't popular here in the US, as they are in asian countries.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Brimmer said:

Liyeta
    Liyeta said:

community content like maid cafe
    The reason there are no maid cafe in na mabi is due to the fact that they aren't popular here in the US, as they are in asian countries.
    Na mabi is largely popular with asian people. Well most asia country outside of china, korea, and japan actually play on na mabi. So i have to disagree with that.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Liyen
    Liyen said:

Sometimes I feel like logging on and not do anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Smell like procrastination XD

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    A lot of people afk because they have shops or party boards up. But personally, I just like being connected. I can't imagine having to actively decide "Okay I want to play Mabi now." I'm just always tuned in. That way I don't miss out when people message or note me about marketing stuff, dungeons, and whatnot. Often times, people who seem afk probably aren't. With guild chats, PMs, notes, etc people are often doing a lot more than meets the eye.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,125
    Lately I've been afking a lot, but not entirely. I just leave the character there and "alt-tab", hoping for something on Mabinogi to come up or to see a friend log-in (in order to see it I don't totally cover the game, but I leave enough to see notes, logging ins and messages).
    I'm usually invited to Dragon Raids and Girg Raids, daily.
    With the Bard Revamp, I finally decided to do the Bard skills I wanted to do since a few years but never bothered to do it and I knew some new people along the way finding the community quite lively... so much I entered a conversation between friends like it was nothing: I was called out and they started to talk with me and joke and have fun and all.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,120
    edited January 11, 2017
    I'm mostly asleep when I AFK. Other than that, I run around and do events, take a break to play my DS Or play another game, then come back to play Mabi.

maid cafe: That won't happen here, there is something IRL in KR though but not here.
    festivals: There is festia, which is pernment content, just gather up some friends and have a blast
    concert: Sabina hosts these atleast once a season or so, and sometimes players host theres, check your server or party signs~
    scheduled raid: Once again, hosted by players, not nexon
    roleplay: Same as above
    or other in game community gathering in months: Mari has alot of these.
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Usually I'm just a busy bee IRL but at least I can AFK with a shop up and hopefully sell a few things for gold. Even if they're was something that's really fun to do, it can't change how busy I'd be IRL. = Still AFK'ing.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Work, life and a myriad of other things.

Personally, Mabi used to be pretty much the only game I played, but with other side games (and old long-time guildies vanishing) it's not unusual for me to AFK (or even miss a day of playing).
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    I usually AFK to avoid logging in when I want to play. I may be at work, as I am now. Or playing another game.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,970
    XeekTheMighty

I usually AFK to avoid logging in when I want to play. I may be at work, as I am now. Or playing another game.
    This.

Logging in is a pain. Might as well just leave the game open and save effort.
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,650
    Im generally not afk even though many ppl think I am :D.
    Crims
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Most times I'm not even AFK just reading people saying "nice" things about me and others for being AFK ... it's fun because like every single time I got that I was either using guild chat or privates and being like 'I'm not gonna even bother talking with someone that pops out of nowhere and starts being like that' -.-
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,740
    edited January 11, 2017
    There is no 'one single reason' why people go afk. That is to say, people who go afk do it for many different reasons. Some might be asleep, some might be at work, some might be talking in skype, guild chat, or on the forum, and some might be taking a shower or a bath like I'm about to go and do right now. ☺
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,150
    because i am busy irl and i have a shop open...
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 680
    I usually only afk while I'm eating or cooking or doing something else around the house. Something bothers me about keeping the computer on while I'm asleep or at work/school, so even though I have a shop I put up, I log off for those. But a lot of people do afk because of the shops.
    Sometimes, I'll level up fishing while watching a movie or playing another game, but that's usually it (so I'm not really afk, just tabbed out).
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    edited January 11, 2017
    Liyeta
    Liyeta said:

Kind of obvious but maybe someone have interesting point of view on this. Maybe even a creative solution to make people more active.

Beside i have not seen community content like maid cafe, festivals, concert, scheduled raid, roleplay, or other in game community gathering in months.

I remember there used to be a lot of this
    ------------

I don't know what server you are on but Mari has:
    -A fan run cafe, "Cafe au Creme" which is still active by the way
    -Scheduled raids at 12 PM PST and 7:30~8:00 PM PST for Girg, 7:00 for one of the dragons, and I know another one is scheduled sometime between 3:00~6:00PM (I always miss this one because I'm usually busy)
    -A few roleplay groups, though these tend to not really go places and die out
    I've also heard from a friend ( @Zerukan ) that he's in a big RP guild in Tarlach so... IDK, there's still fan stuff going on...

As for me, I leave my game on while I sleep because it's a habit I've had since playing Maplestory & Flyff in '05~'07 and it's just kinda grown worse as I graduated and got jobs and started going out more. Whoops.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Most of them are only logged into the game to keep a shop up. Gotta sell the old hotness to buy the new hotness; the vicious cycle of neophilia never ends.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,015
    edited January 11, 2017
    It's like @Liyen says, the old content is so outdated that it gets forgotten and left behind while new content is constantly being spewed out and SO many marketing mistakes have happened that we just... don't even know why we set up shops anymore. All of us veteran players either have jobs or kids now, and those of us who don't just sit AFK in Mabinogi selling stuff while playing the newest games. $400 tails is the negative decimal state of our faith in Nexon right now, and it shows in how little Gachapon shops are left open compared the population at Mabinogi's peak. There's really not much to impress us veteran players enough to make us not sit AFK, aside from anime music freestyle jams.
    Fae
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,930
    Ranking fishing or have a shop open. XD