Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Any fix for Elf Ranged Lag yet?

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Speakingof that site. I had no idea how to use it. :v
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited October 4, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Policroma ~
    Policroma wrote: »
    The way I've seen it explained on a certain other site, yes. Apparently there's a bunch of rapid-fire redundant packets....
    Buffalos wrote: »
    that linked thread had a way to fix the delay entirely that didn't involve connection adjustments. Isn't that strange?
    "Elf Ranged Lag" is a mythical scapegoat

Um, no. The "fix" in question doesn't negate the downright shoddy optimization that causes the elf lag in the first place.

By your logic just because somebody can turn their graphics down Mabi never has memory leaks. (And I say that coming from a person who knows how wimpy a computer mabi can run comfortably on....)

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited October 4, 2017
    Um, excuse me, but I believe you just outright stated to me that "elf lag" exists and has a cause. So if it's a "myth", it's one you are openly perpetuating right now by claiming you can mod it away. Why have a mod unless there is something that a player wishes to change?

We can argue about the semantics or causes or even whether it is misnamed all day. It doesn't change that it occurs, frequently, on a wide range of systems and internet connections.

The facts are simple: Client pauses anywhere from a fraction of a second to seconds when an elf fires and arrow. It does not occur with other races. If we're going by mods, at least one other person out there has had success throwing out redundant packets.

Do I think it's game breaking? Obviously not or I wouldn't be here as long as I have. Do I think it's over-emphasized? Yes. But misnamed or not, it exists, and likely has multiple causes, all of which lead to two words: Bad optimization.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 4, 2017
    Found a gif from two years ago in some archived thread, is this close to your archery rate?
    DIey8re.gif
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 4, 2017
    Found a gif from two years ago in some archived thread, is this close to your archery rate?
    DIey8re.gif
    Someone forgot to tell Rydian they can cancel skills with the Escape key. No need to wait for anything.

http://forbidden-website-where-trolls-often-gather.com/archive/index.php/t-83886-p-3.html
    DIey8re.gif
    Someone forgot to tell Rydian they can cancel skills with the Escape key. No need to wait for anything.

http://forbidden-website-where-trolls-often-gather.com/archive/index.php/t-83886-p-3.html

Nah, this is what the escape button looks like as a lowbie.
    giphy.webp

[Deleted User]
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    this problem always remind me to not go for Bhafel bow and arrow and go for langu armor set instead
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Escape key didn't work for me.
    Or if it did, it took many seconds of mashing.

Escape key mashing (and clicking on the skill bubble) works "okay" for when I get stalled aiming Thunder while rafting (I swear I'm teleporting to different spots on the raft as far as the server is concerned), but not for getting this ranged attack thing to stop.

Then again, even getting hit and knocked back doesn't fix it. (which usually cancels ranged attack, and many other skills)
    It just likes to go away on its own. Or, that's what it feels like.

Maybe next time it happens, I'll see if I can at least summon a pet while I'm stuck.

Though to be fair, I still can't get it to happen consistently.
    It's one of those "when you least expect it" things that happens just when I'm getting in a groove of Elven archery.

At least I don't get it when using Magnum Shot or Crash Shot.
    Or Urgent Shot. :triumph:
    [Deleted User]
  • IrvynIrvyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Then again, even getting hit and knocked back doesn't fix it. (which usually cancels ranged attack, and many other skills)
    Maybe next time it happens, I'll see if I can at least summon a pet while I'm stuck.

If someone can test these two things and report their results, that'd be great.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Irvyn wrote: »

If someone can test these two things and report their results, that'd be great.

it is an old issue that already get reported a lot of times, no need to report, you can even try the bug yourself
    Irvyn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Iyasenu ~ You have to enable it in Options. There's an option to cancel skills with the 'Esc' key.

I was referring to Rydian's nearly-three-year-old-whine about having to wait for MS to unload first.

Said whine is the source of the gif. :smirk:

Oh, I have it checked.
    Always!

It just... wasn't cancelling right away, like it normally would in regular situations.
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Once the Elf "lag" happens, you can't escape it until it somehow fixes itself.

I mean, you could disconnect, I guess. But you'll most likely log in lying dead anyway, so same results. Less painful.