Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

who/what introduced you to mabinogi?

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Maple Story
    Sherri
  • ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Back around 2008 the Ragnarok Online private server I was playing on got stale and I was looking for something with the same light hearted anime feel to it. I played ROSE Online for a short period and then moved to Mabinogi because I decided I didn't like the entire game world of an MMO consisting of, like, five maps.

Quit Mabinogi about a year later due to stale community with a bunch of kids everywhere acting like dimwitted spazzes. But got stuck in the black hole of never being able to quit. Managed to find a decent guild about six years later after quitting and coming back three more times. And still here now.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 8, 2017
    Nexon. I played MapleStory for months on end and then I found Mabinogi and gave it a try.
    I played it for months on end too.
    Of course, I still play both games, but I play Mabi more.

Also there isn't a poll answer "..that is the question."
    Boo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I saw the ads way back in the US Shonen Jump print edition, when Mabi had just come out in NA, and it looked interesting enough to try; it musta been late 2008. G3 had just come out, all mainstreams, rebirths and many more features were just for paying customers, but even so it was so unbelievably absorbing and unlike anything else, I haven't stopped playing since, at most it's been a couple of weeks away from the game in these nine years.

As for money spent, so far it's been 285k Nx, not counting the couple of times Nexon gave out Nx for compensation and such, so that's around $285 in nine years so... not bad, I guess? My very first purchase was for the Haflinger horse when it first came out, and mostly I've used them for pets, not wanting to spend much money on consumables or gachas.

K???

74Spldn.gif