Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED] Summon Lag

Comments

• EmikoEmiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    SuperKimxD wrote: »
    Here are three more examples of this occurring that I've managed to capture. Two of these examples are the same occurrence captured from the perspective of two different people.
    Both of these occurrences were around 3-4PM HST, or 7-8PM Pacific. Toon suggested that summon lag seems to happen more during "prime times," so perhaps this is a good window to look for it in.

You just said the prime keywords "Prime Time", of course any and all internet dependent things are gonna have issues, slowdowns, lag, etc during prime time. A huge difference between the US internet infrastructure compared to that of say Japan and South Korea, South Korea mostly uses wireless technologies, as well as fibre optic land networks, Japan is the same way. What do we have in the US? We've got twisted pair copper, are we slowly in select areas transferring over to fibre optics? Yeah, but it's on a very tiny scale, but the vast majority of the infrastructure here in the US is twisted pair copper, and lets face it, copper can't pass nearly as much information as quickly as optic networks can. Got fibre at home? Good for you, to bad that fibre only goes 100ft from your home, after that, back on to good old twisted copper.

Only time I've honestly ever experienced pet summon lag, is doing stupid things like trying to do runs on market channels. Yup doing a raid, or dungeon, or SM on a market channel, where everyone is loading that particular channel, sounds like a stellar idea, not! Aside from the game's own peculiarity with pets to begin with, you're doing yourself no favors trying to do summon time dependant things by playing on these channels. Just because your pets spawn instant on Ch7, doesn't mean it'll spawn instant on the market channel, more players on a channel means lower on the totem pole your request to summon X pet on XXX list of pets you may own.
    [Deleted User]
  • SuperKimxDSuperKimxD
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    edited November 29, 2017
    Emiko wrote: »
    SuperKimxD wrote: »
    Here are three more examples of this occurring that I've managed to capture. Two of these examples are the same occurrence captured from the perspective of two different people.
    Both of these occurrences were around 3-4PM HST, or 7-8PM Pacific. Toon suggested that summon lag seems to happen more during "prime times," so perhaps this is a good window to look for it in.

You just said the prime keywords "Prime Time", of course any and all internet dependent things are gonna have issues, slowdowns, lag, etc during prime time. A huge difference between the US internet infrastructure compared to that of say Japan and South Korea, South Korea mostly uses wireless technologies, as well as fibre optic land networks, Japan is the same way. What do we have in the US? We've got twisted pair copper, are we slowly in select areas transferring over to fibre optics? Yeah, but it's on a very tiny scale, but the vast majority of the infrastructure here in the US is twisted pair copper, and lets face it, copper can't pass nearly as much information as quickly as optic networks can. Got fibre at home? Good for you, to bad that fibre only goes 100ft from your home, after that, back on to good old twisted copper.

Only time I've honestly ever experienced pet summon lag, is doing stupid things like trying to do runs on market channels. Yup doing a raid, or dungeon, or SM on a market channel, where everyone is loading that particular channel, sounds like a stellar idea, not! Aside from the game's own peculiarity with pets to begin with, you're doing yourself no favors trying to do summon time dependant things by playing on these channels. Just because your pets spawn instant on Ch7, doesn't mean it'll spawn instant on the market channel, more players on a channel means lower on the totem pole your request to summon X pet on XXX list of pets you may own.

If you want a test with fiber optic cable, give me until the end of March, or so. Depends how much I play Mabi from my family's vacation home. My understanding of what you've said is that you don't believe summon lag is possible on a fiber optic cable connection. If you're open to evidence against that assumption, wait a few months, please. Unless someone other than myself can supply it.
    I understand your point that "prime time" also applies to ISPs as a whole, not just a single game. Yes, of course that's true, although if you broaden it outside of the US then time zones become a factor, to some extent. Additionally, the traffic levels and lag of other connections do not typically correspond with the observed trend for summon lag thus far, that being that it's better after server reset (Thursday) and worse when the server has been up for a long time (Wednesday).

None of these example videos are on channel 1. All of them are on channel 6, to my recollection. We never run VHM in channel 1, and typically run it in channel 6. I have never been in a single VHM run that has taken place in channel 1, whether or not it was one I hosted. Most of these examples are in VHM. Testing pet summon rates between channels while factoring in summon lag would be a bit difficult, given that server-wide summon lag spikes usually don't last long enough to change channels and try again. If you'd like comparisons of pet summon times without server-wide summon lag spikes across different channels, I suppose I could provide those, although I'm a little sick of how messy my YouTube channel is getting with so many videos for this. As for the whole "totem pole" thing, that neglects to explain why summon lag can occur simultaneously for many, if not all people on the same channel (or even on different channels sometimes).

As a disclaimer, I've pretty much always played Mabi on a solid connection, decent ping, good computer, etc.. I rarely notice summon lag that is clearly client-sided or local, though I won't say that such doesn't exist. Any client-sided or local summon lag, as has been implied, depends on your own set up, and my set up is usually pretty good. Since the dungeon revamp, I've noticed an increase in summon lag, regardless of my location, connection, or computer.
    (This will also be added to the original post)

Did you check out this example?
  • Prolexia_AlexinaProlexia_Alexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    I've had similar problems the entire time playing this game over the past 3 years. I would appreciate it if this problem was looked into thoroughly. Thank you.
    SuperKimxD
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Pet Summon Lag was fixed with the last update!