Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Death Of Mabi's Economy

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Archmagick wrote: »
    iMattxC wrote: »

So let me get this straight, your solution is to delete people's money and then force them to buy gachas to earn money? That's a really bad idea. There is enough pay to win going on.

1: The vast majority of players do not have over 100m in gold. This simply eliminates botted/duped gold from the economy. People who keep their money in checks would be encouraged to bank their money (or we could simply add gold to bank accounts equal to deleted checks until the bank hits 100m). This is essentially a compromise solution between the current situation and a full gold wipe.

2: There are literally thousands of unsellable gacha items floating around in the economy, this turns them into liquidity to stimulate the economy. This is also a temporary measure.

This actually REDUCES the influence of gacha because it pulls back the economy from revolving around whether you win the popular item from gacha.

[/quote]

So you want to take gold away from the players who earn their gold legit reasons and just don't want bank it? How kind, please tell me how this makes the player happy? Please tell me how someone who has earned all their money would be happy when it's taken away. If you can find me a player who would love to have their gold removed from them, then we can see how wonderful this idea is. Go find me someone who has earned 300mil from legit reasons and ask them how they would feel if suddenly 200mil was removed from them, if the player responds with "I would love that!" I will eat my socks.
    [Deleted User]kapapa
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I'll be totally honest, if there was a gold wipe, I wouldn't care. Y'know why? While everyone with millions of gold is weeping, I'd be laughing.
    They will know what it feels like to be poor.
    ..For like a day, of course.
    They'll just grind their money back with their countless alts.
  • SherriSherri
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'll be totally honest, if there was a gold wipe, I wouldn't care. Y'know why? While everyone with millions of gold is weeping, I'd be laughing.
    They will know what it feels like to be poor.
    ..For like a day, of course.
    They'll just grind their money back with their countless alts.

↑ This is assuming no one with millions of gold knows what it's like to be poor. Assuming they were not poor before they became rich. This is assuming a lot, and you wouldn't be laughing if you actually worked your ass off for 8 years straight to be where you are and then had someone suddenly remove all that you worked for, on the whim of their own personally held beliefs (kind of sounds familiar doesn't it?)...

Not really, it doesn't. The most gold I have ever had was like 8m and then I spent it on repairs and my friends anyway. Maybe an outfit, I don't remember. It's been like a year or so.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 21, 2017
    I kinda like gacha for one reason.

Wings got meaningless now. They are worthless and doesn't show any power anymore. Wings like White/Black Angels are now 10-15m when they used to be 40-60m few years ago. Most wings dropped in price by half or even more.

Except the dyeable ones, these are too overpriced honestly.

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I dont understand how one person can have a morning glory piano for 12 million, another for 10 million, and another for 3.5 million, and another at 4 million... like, the 3.5 million isnt selling, been there for a couple days... why do you think youre going to sell yours for 12 million?

Thats the problem I see, no one cares what people are actually buying things at, they just think they deserve to have more then everyone else.... no ones going to buy the items at high prices if they dont know what theyre actually worth because of price gouging.
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I dont understand how one person can have a morning glory piano for 12 million, another for 10 million, and another for 3.5 million, and another at 4 million... like, the 3.5 million isnt selling, been there for a couple days... why do you think youre going to sell yours for 12 million?

Thats the problem I see, no one cares what people are actually buying things at, they just think they deserve to have more then everyone else.... no ones going to buy the items at high prices if they dont know what theyre actually worth because of price gouging.

Because it's a free market and people can price what ever they feel like. It's the same for people who undercut others. Like I was trying to sell Dragon scale fragments at 3.5mil (Which I was able to sell before and for a while that was the price) and someone placed a shop putting theirs at 3mil and another person even did 2.8mil. So people can price what they want.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Because it's a free market and people can price what ever they feel like. It's the same for people who undercut others. Like I was trying to sell Dragon scale fragments at 3.5mil (Which I was able to sell before and for a while that was the price) and someone placed a shop putting theirs at 3mil and another person even did 2.8mil. So people can price what they want.

Understandable, but 12 mil vs 3.5 mil is a little different than 3.5 mil to 3 mil, then to 2.8 mil. That suggests wanting to sell fast, not undercut, cause you know, free market.... price whatever.... But when I see 12 mil vs 3.5 mil, I question how many people were robbed of their hard earned coins by that jerk. LOL. Not meaning to be offensive, because as you say, its a free market, but jeeze...
  • SherriSherri
    Which is why we need some kind of update to regulate the economy or at least help control it.
    When will we be getting that dang auction house update? Two years later?
    I hate this free market crap.