Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I'd play it on an emulator.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Greta wrote: »
    To be honest, I think that if the shading was fleshed out a bit more like they're doing with Peria Chronicles, then it might look like an official app rather than a company made official self knock off.
    Unfortunately, most Mabinogi fashionistas are far too invested on the PC version to even consider starting over on an app...unless account data can be synced by some large miracle.
    And again like @Gaea says, Nexon NA is far too dull witted to pull off proper titles to give exposure to the original inspiration.
    If this were Square Enix, it would be Mabinogi Summoners/Duel, Mabinogi Prelude, and Mabinogi Mobile.
    Seriously, was there a copyright issue or more of a staff issue with the first two?
    It wouldn't have been much of a problem for KR to just globalize and translate the app instead, thus giving NA more time and saving so much more money in the process.

Are you assuming my hobby? I mainly wouldn't leave PC version just because of my progression on skills, quests, my pet collection and such. Also i don't like playing games on phones since all you need to do is constantly spam tap the screen of your phone when playing. Nope... Sounds like a stupid idea on the game that originally have poop ton of skills, functions and so on.

I don't recall ever assuming anyone's preferred platform, just merely stated that people wouldn't be as invested in an incomplete app, merely just interested, and shortly drop it when they see how many features are actually missing...including their stats, gear, and millions or billions of gold.
    An app version of Mabinogi would not bode well for Nexon NA if they were to fail, and people might not go to the PC version after that, assuming that it's a failure too.
    (Just like how Niantic doesn't handle Pokemon GO the way everyone expected them to.)
    SherriJazmynkapapa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Harukari wrote: »
    I'd play it on an emulator.

Yep, BlueStacks.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Soon smartphones will be obsolete, I think they'll use this chance to test it on their domestic phone market, and once the complete move comes to abandon smartphones for another device, they will make their move on this mobile version of the game.
    Then all the games we enjoy on smartphones will be in jeopardy.

Some economists say that the smartphone and apps boom is coming to an end, so we'll see...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Soon smartphones will be obsolete, I think they'll use this chance to test it on their domestic phone market, and once the complete move comes to abandon smartphones for another device, they will make their move on this mobile version of the game.
    Then all the games we enjoy on smartphones will be in jeopardy.

Some economists say that the smartphone and apps boom is coming to an end, so we'll see...

That is because the majority of everyone who owns a smartphone already has all the apps they need. So naturally the app boom stagnates. A successful app should be based on retention.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I don't recall ever assuming anyone's preferred platform, just merely stated that people wouldn't be as invested in an incomplete app, merely just interested, and shortly drop it when they see how many features are actually missing...including their stats, gear, and millions or billions of gold.
    An app version of Mabinogi would not bode well for Nexon NA if they were to fail, and people might not go to the PC version after that, assuming that it's a failure too.
    (Just like how Niantic doesn't handle Pokemon GO the way everyone expected them to.)

After playing Nexon's Legion of Heros for Android a couple of years, I dont imagine this Mabinogi will do well. They had LoH for iOS released at a later time, and shortly after it was shut down. They have been losing players quickly (myself included), literal hackers, and many cheaters that actually affect gameplay for all with their ranking system. And their customer service is awful, they also lliterally announce the players who are banned on their Facebook page.

Based on my mobile experience with Nexon, I'm staying away from that Mabionogi if i ever see it in the App store.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    mabinogi id lettery dieing because of its mobile version.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Mabinogi is literally dying because of it's mobile version.

Suuuure.
    Jazmyn
  • MegabineMegabine
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Honestly, I love how the game looks but like people said, you're not supposed to play such an intense game a phone, too many skills and whatnot, if the game in on Unity they could easily transfer it to PC, you know, change the UI, increase detail on textures, make the lighting better and adjust the gameplay for direct internet connection. The game is going to flop trust me. Yes everyone has a phone and they CAN install the game, but after a few weeks? They'll stop playing. Why? Because most players would rather play on a PC where you have actual button to press, the Mabinogi 2 game they made was a flop as well, they scrapped it, instead of using the models they decided to concentrate on this game. Again, there's no point and I would love them to understand that, alas they are drunk with power, need money let's make a mobile game, instead of making a better mabinogi 2. No love in game making now-a-days.